THE CURIOUS CASE OF GOALKEEPER DAVID NWOKOLOR- Owngoal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
THE CURIOUS CASE OF GOALKEEPER DAVID NWOKOLOR- Owngoal

Post by Obong »

Considering our goalkeeping position is arguably our most problematic, it is really a curious case as to why Nwokolor did not make even the provisional list.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/05/17/m ... -nwolokor/

On loan HNK Rijeka goalkeeper David Nwolokor must be wondering what else he need to do before getting a call up to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 23 year old was once again snubbed by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr in his provisional list of 25 players ahead of the start of AFCON 2019 in Egypt.

With 14 appearances to his name in all competitions this season, he has kept goal in more games than any other Nigerian goalkeeper in Europe top flight league , same record he had last season but yet snubbed by coach Gernot Rohr.

Currently in the team of Slovakian side SKF Sered who are battling for a spot in Europe next season via the play offs, where he has kept goal in four games in the play offs and has three clean sheets to his name.

The trio of Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi have been picked by Rohr despite playing less games than Nwolokor who is nicknamed “African Buffon” by the press in Bosnia where he spent last season on loan.

Current first choice goalkeeper of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Uzoho has only kept goal in nine games since the start of the season where he has spent time on at Spanish second division side Elche and Cyprus outfit Anorthosis Famagusta.

The 20 years old has kept goal just thrice since January and one of the games saw him pick up a red card, which he claimed was triggered by racial abuse from fans of Alki Oroklini during the course of the game.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE CURIOUS CASE OF GOALKEEPER DAVID NWOKOLOR- Owngoal

Post by ohenhen1 »

Only Mikel didn't take part in qualifiers or past friendlies. Rohr is familiar with Mikel
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

ohenhen1 wrote:Only Mikel didn't take part in qualifiers or past friendlies. Rohr is familiar with Mikel
...and we're familiar with the goalies. We KNOW we have a problem. Nwokolor may be a viable option given his experience and abilities. I know Rohr is conservative, but he should have given other goalies a try-out.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Obong wrote:Considering our goalkeeping position is arguably our most problematic, it is really a curious case as to why Nwokolor did not make even the provisional list.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/05/17/m ... -nwolokor/

On loan HNK Rijeka goalkeeper David Nwolokor must be wondering what else he need to do before getting a call up to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 23 year old was once again snubbed by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr in his provisional list of 25 players ahead of the start of AFCON 2019 in Egypt.

With 14 appearances to his name in all competitions this season, he has kept goal in more games than any other Nigerian goalkeeper in Europe top flight league , same record he had last season but yet snubbed by coach Gernot Rohr.

Currently in the team of Slovakian side SKF Sered who are battling for a spot in Europe next season via the play offs, where he has kept goal in four games in the play offs and has three clean sheets to his name.

The trio of Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi have been picked by Rohr despite playing less games than Nwolokor who is nicknamed “African Buffon” by the press in Bosnia where he spent last season on loan.

Current first choice goalkeeper of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Uzoho has only kept goal in nine games since the start of the season where he has spent time on at Spanish second division side Elche and Cyprus outfit Anorthosis Famagusta.

The 20 years old has kept goal just thrice since January and one of the games saw him pick up a red card, which he claimed was triggered by racial abuse from fans of Alki Oroklini during the course of the game.
Talk about exaggeration, he might be what we need but come on just be honest (who ever wrote this),he’s obviously playing in better league, environment with more games under his belt than what we have so that information would have sufficed to any comprehensive reader!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Only Mikel didn't take part in qualifiers or past friendlies. Rohr is familiar with Mikel
...and we're familiar with the goalies. We KNOW we have a problem. Nwokolor may be a viable option given his experience and abilities. I know Rohr is conservative, but he should have given other goalies a try-out.
So whom do you want Rohr to drop for a goalkeeper you have only seen on the pages of own goal?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo, when people use the expression thrice, makes me wonder whether they are substituting spoken English for written English. How about on three occasions? Just a thought.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DIMKA76 wrote:Omo, when people use the expression thrice, makes me wonder whether they are substituting spoken English for written English. How about on three occasions? Just a thought.
The-rice :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Paid advertisements
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The article makes it sound like Nwokolor is the second coming of Buffon. However, with the average goalies we have at our disposal, I'm surprised Nwokolor hasn't been invited for a friendly yet.

We really need to start testing some younger goalies. Hope Ogundare and Oremade in the U20 squad turn out to be quality goalies. Oremade showed some promise at the African U20 tournament.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho and Ezenwa have more experience at the national team level and are better. The only issue is Akpeyi. Afelokhai should have been picked ahead of Akpeyi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

When Ikeme got injured & it seemed the German was content on us sticking with Akpeyi, Alampasu & Ezenwa, I wrote on here severally on how Uzoho & Nwolokor at the very least deserved an invite based on their careers in Europe up to that time.

Since then, both have struggled a bit clubwise, but Nwolokor needs to get out of Croatia, if he can't tie a spot in one of the top 3 teams.

If Rohr was a bit more proactive & less lazy, Arthur Okonkwo will be on the shortlist of GKs as well. I know we'll wait till he is on the Arsenal bench or plays a game in the premiership next season before we start scrambling to tie him down. There is a much simpler approach, and Pinnick as a full time, ocean crossing, game attending Arsenal fan should have ensured Arthur was on either the SE or FE tournament shortlist this Summer.
Last edited by truetalk on Sat May 18, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

truetalk wrote:When Ikeme got injured & it seemed the German was content on us sticking with Akpeyi, Alampasu & Ezenwa, I wrote on here severally on how Uzoho & Nwolokor at the very least deserved an invite based on their careers in Europe up to that time.

Since then, both have struggled a bit clubwise, but Nwolokor needs to get out of Croatia, if he can't tie a spot in one of the top 3 teams.

If Rohr was a bit more proactive & less lazy, Arthur Okonkwo will be on the shortlist of GKs as well. I know we'll wait till he is on the Arsenal bench or plays a game in the premiership next season before we start scrambling to tie him down. There is a much simpler approach, and pick as a full time, ocean crossing, game attending Arsenal fan should have ensured Arthur was on either the SE or FE tournament shortlist this Summer.

There are reports that suggests Okonkwo is interested in switching to Nigeria. Pinnivk needs to talk to him ASAP.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactly. The GK position is the area where Nigeria has the least depth. In fact we have one decent GK in the team (Uzoho) and even then it is not as if he is the new Buffon or Schmeichel. Ezenwa flies under the radar because Akpeyi is so tragically bad.
Obong wrote:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That's obvious!
Dude ain't it.
Cmoke wrote:Paid advertisements
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote:
truetalk wrote:When Ikeme got injured & it seemed the German was content on us sticking with Akpeyi, Alampasu & Ezenwa, I wrote on here severally on how Uzoho & Nwolokor at the very least deserved an invite based on their careers in Europe up to that time.

If Rohr was a bit more proactive & less lazy, Arthur Okonkwo will be on the shortlist of GKs as well. I know we'll wait till he is on the Arsenal bench or plays a game in the premiership next season before we start scrambling to tie him down. There is a much simpler approach, and pick as a full time, ocean crossing, game attending Arsenal fan should have ensured Arthur was on either the SE or FE tournament shortlist this Summer.
There are reports that suggests Okonkwo is interested in switching to Nigeria. Pinnivk needs to talk to him ASAP.
We have reportedly tried to get Arthur Okonkwo (particularly byy Paul Aigogbun) and the feedback thus far is that he is sticking with Ingerland for now (just accepted an England U18 call-up instead ogf going to the U20 WYC with us). Hope still springs eternal though.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol:
Nwolokor who is nicknamed “African Buffon” by the press in Bosnia
:sneaky: With the way "ITALIAN Buffon" has been playing this season, i will take a caution as well :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cmoke wrote:Paid advertisements
Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we have no goalies
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If Rohr was a bit more proactive & less lazy, Arthur Okonkwo will be on the shortlist of GKs as well. I know we'll wait till he is on the Arsenal bench or plays a game in the premiership next season before we start scrambling to tie him down. There is a much simpler approach, and Pinnick as a full time, ocean crossing, game attending Arsenal fan should have ensured Arthur was on either the SE or FE tournament shortlist this Summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is lazy because he didnt pick a player...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8