Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 39192
Location: Transition
If you want to see 2 teams going to war on and off the pitch you have to watch this match. Galatasaray vs Bassaksehir is one where both players are not giving an inch for each other neither is the bench. Basak took the lead in the first half and the fans of Gala pelted them with sachet of water :lol:. In fact one player was struck behind the head to end their celebration. Gala equalized in the 2nd half and Henry Onyekuru backed heeled a ball to give them the lead only for VAR to chalk it off. Later on Henry scored a fantastic header. All hell broke loose when both benches objected to a challenge, with punches flying right left and center. Ref had no choice but to send both managers off to the stand.

Adebayor has come on as a sub for Bassa.

There was 6 minutes added at the end of the first half., now it is 8 minutes for the 2nd :rotf:. This is pure WWE.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 39192
Location: Transition
Congratulations to Henry Onyekuru for winning the the Turkish Super La Liga.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4614
Just saw the highlights, glad we'll have him in Egypt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13095
Life is so funny. I didn't want Henry to go to the Turkish league. But this may actually have been the perfect move for him.

Henry is very talented and with fantastic finishing. However, I think he needed to become tougher! a fighter! A winner! And to play in a craze league like the Turkish league, as well as under a coach like Fatih Terim must have made him tougher and wiser!

I hope he can move on now. Back to Everton or to a more prominent league.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82016
Location: Earth
Onyekuru best bring his A game to Afcon, if not I ain't gona take it easy..I expect Onye, Chuks and Kalu to shine like diamonds in the Land of Egypt

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3517
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2133
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart


Onyekuru is not a striker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39931
Location: UK
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........
Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart
You don't know this for sure yet.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2548
Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8758
He delivers in the high pressure matches. That is the hallmark of a very good player.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82016
Location: Earth
Tobi17 wrote:
Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.

Calm down....Turkish league is very weak

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3517
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........
Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart
You don't know this for sure yet.


So what has changed in our leading strikers game to give you confidence? Playing in the champions league, playing in a competitive league? Scoring form? He was taken to the World Cup on the back of one goal scored at home against Cameroon and he reverted to type sinking at the World Cup. We have better talent which blocked because of his continued selection.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3517
chief nfachairman wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart


Onyekuru is not a striker.

But he scores goals unlike some else who is a striker but doesn’t score. If I were a coach I know which one out of the two I would select.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38630
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Flex Swift wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart


Onyekuru is not a striker.

But he scores goals unlike some else who is a striker but doesn’t score. If I were a coach I know which one out of the two I would select.


He's not a winger either, he's more of a wide forward if anything, but I think it will be hard for Rohr to effectively fit him into his formation...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82016
Location: Earth
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78rhps

full highlights

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44194
Watched him a bit the other day and just from the little I watched of him, I rate him highly. He is fast on his feed and executes quickly too

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17539
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Tobi17 wrote:
Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.



:???:

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39931
Location: UK
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........
Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart
You don't know this for sure yet.


So what has changed in our leading strikers game to give you confidence? Playing in the champions league, playing in a competitive league? Scoring form? He was taken to the World Cup on the back of one goal scored at home against Cameroon and he reverted to type sinking at the World Cup. We have better talent which blocked because of his continued selection.
My point is that you do not know he will be first in line - for the very reasons you highlight.
I don't rate him either and believe he should be way down on the pecking order.
He will probably be in the final 23, but he really isn't an obvious starter IMHO.
Na you talk say Ighalo go lead attack, like say you know Rohr's mind.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11110
:lol: Yep. Winning the title with Gala makes him world class. That is why Barca have decided to abandon their quest for Griezmann so they can sign Henry instead. In fact I hear that PSG will ditch Neymar to create room for Henry in the team... :dream:

Tobi17 wrote:
Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17362
wiseone wrote:
:lol: Yep. Winning the title with Gala makes him world class. That is why Barca have decided to abandon their quest for Griezmann so they can sign Henry instead. In fact I hear that PSG will ditch Neymar to create room for Henry in the team... :dream:

Tobi17 wrote:
Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.


Let the mugu laugh at his own joke. :laugh:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11110
Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

1) With the score at 0-0 against Besiktas just before HT, a Gala defender kicked the ball out of play in his own half. The Besiktas players moved forward into attacking positions for the throw in. Astonishingly, the ref gave a throw in to Gala! :shock: Gala took it quickly, rushed up the pitch, and played in Henry Onyekuru to score in the 43rd minute against a Besiktas defence that had only 2 players back. The Besiktas players went berserk at the ref who refused to disallow the goal (even though he could have used VAR!).

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ga ... -derby-win
https://www.beinsports.com/us/turkish-s ... as/1185077

2) The La Liga level of refereeing banditry against Rizespor in a game they were losing 1-2 in the dying minutes, but ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the travesty of a "phantom penalty" in injury time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292031&p=5429783&hilit=awaziem+henry+penalty#p5429773


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38630
Location: Land of the Terrapins
wiseone wrote:
Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

1) With the score at 0-0 against Besiktas just before HT, a Gala defender kicked the ball out of play in his own half. The Besiktas players moved forward into attacking positions for the throw in. Astonishingly, the ref gave a throw in to Gala! :shock: Gala took it quickly, rushed up the pitch, and played in Henry Onyekuru to score in the 43rd minute against a Besiktas defence that had only 2 players back. The Besiktas players went berserk at the ref who refused to disallow the goal (even though he could have used VAR!).

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ga ... -derby-win
https://www.beinsports.com/us/turkish-s ... as/1185077

2) The La Liga level of refereeing banditry against Rizespor in a game they were losing 1-2 in the dying minutes, but ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the travesty of a "phantom penalty" in injury time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292031&p=5429783&hilit=awaziem+henry+penalty#p5429773


Just another day in the Turkish league...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13095
maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

1) With the score at 0-0 against Besiktas just before HT, a Gala defender kicked the ball out of play in his own half. The Besiktas players moved forward into attacking positions for the throw in. Astonishingly, the ref gave a throw in to Gala! :shock: Gala took it quickly, rushed up the pitch, and played in Henry Onyekuru to score in the 43rd minute against a Besiktas defence that had only 2 players back. The Besiktas players went berserk at the ref who refused to disallow the goal (even though he could have used VAR!).

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ga ... -derby-win
https://www.beinsports.com/us/turkish-s ... as/1185077

2) The La Liga level of refereeing banditry against Rizespor in a game they were losing 1-2 in the dying minutes, but ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the travesty of a "phantom penalty" in injury time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292031&p=5429783&hilit=awaziem+henry+penalty#p5429773


Just another day in the Turkish league...


yup!

as opposed to:

real madrid buying the FA and having referees in their pocket; or
liverpool winning more than 5 games with fake salah penalties; or
the nigerian league referees on clubs' payroll; or
FIFA being the hiome of theft and corruption.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group