Onyekuru Hangs In Turk War

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onyekuru Hangs In Turk War

Post by Its a Goal »

If you want to see 2 teams going to war on and off the pitch you have to watch this match. Galatasaray vs Bassaksehir is one where both players are not giving an inch for each other neither is the bench. Basak took the lead in the first half and the fans of Gala pelted them with sachet of water :lol:. In fact one player was struck behind the head to end their celebration. Gala equalized in the 2nd half and Henry Onyekuru backed heeled a ball to give them the lead only for VAR to chalk it off. Later on Henry scored a fantastic header. All hell broke loose when both benches objected to a challenge, with punches flying right left and center. Ref had no choice but to send both managers off to the stand.

Adebayor has come on as a sub for Bassa.

There was 6 minutes added at the end of the first half., now it is 8 minutes for the 2nd :rotf:. This is pure WWE.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru Hangs In Turk War

Post by Its a Goal »

Congratulations to Henry Onyekuru for winning the the Turkish Super La Liga.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Just saw the highlights, glad we'll have him in Egypt.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Life is so funny. I didn't want Henry to go to the Turkish league. But this may actually have been the perfect move for him.

Henry is very talented and with fantastic finishing. However, I think he needed to become tougher! a fighter! A winner! And to play in a craze league like the Turkish league, as well as under a coach like Fatih Terim must have made him tougher and wiser!

I hope he can move on now. Back to Everton or to a more prominent league.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Onyekuru best bring his A game to Afcon, if not I ain't gona take it easy..I expect Onye, Chuks and Kalu to shine like diamonds in the Land of Egypt
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Once we get knocked I would expect both Rohr and Ighalo to depart
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Flex Swift wrote:So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........

Onyekuru is not a striker.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:So many players to choose from yet the striking position will be led by a pure waste-pipe playing his football in China.. Egypt have Sala Senegal have Mane and 9ja ........
You don't know this for sure yet.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He delivers in the high pressure matches. That is the hallmark of a very good player.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:Henry is an elite player, dude is world class already.
Calm down....Turkish league is very weak
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
So what has changed in our leading strikers game to give you confidence? Playing in the champions league, playing in a competitive league? Scoring form? He was taken to the World Cup on the back of one goal scored at home against Cameroon and he reverted to type sinking at the World Cup. We have better talent which blocked because of his continued selection.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

chief nfachairman wrote:

But he scores goals unlike some else who is a striker but doesn’t score. If I were a coach I know which one out of the two I would select.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

But he scores goals unlike some else who is a striker but doesn’t score. If I were a coach I know which one out of the two I would select.
He's not a winger either, he's more of a wide forward if anything, but I think it will be hard for Rohr to effectively fit him into his formation...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

full highlights
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Watched him a bit the other day and just from the little I watched of him, I rate him highly. He is fast on his feed and executes quickly too
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:???:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So what has changed in our leading strikers game to give you confidence? Playing in the champions league, playing in a competitive league? Scoring form? He was taken to the World Cup on the back of one goal scored at home against Cameroon and he reverted to type sinking at the World Cup. We have better talent which blocked because of his continued selection.
My point is that you do not know he will be first in line - for the very reasons you highlight.
I don't rate him either and believe he should be way down on the pecking order.
He will probably be in the final 23, but he really isn't an obvious starter IMHO.
Na you talk say Ighalo go lead attack, like say you know Rohr's mind.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:lol: Yep. Winning the title with Gala makes him world class. That is why Barca have decided to abandon their quest for Griezmann so they can sign Henry instead. In fact I hear that PSG will ditch Neymar to create room for Henry in the team... :dream:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wiseone wrote::lol: Yep. Winning the title with Gala makes him world class. That is why Barca have decided to abandon their quest for Griezmann so they can sign Henry instead. In fact I hear that PSG will ditch Neymar to create room for Henry in the team... :dream:
Let the mugu laugh at his own joke. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

1) With the score at 0-0 against Besiktas just before HT, a Gala defender kicked the ball out of play in his own half. The Besiktas players moved forward into attacking positions for the throw in. Astonishingly, the ref gave a throw in to Gala! :shock: Gala took it quickly, rushed up the pitch, and played in Henry Onyekuru to score in the 43rd minute against a Besiktas defence that had only 2 players back. The Besiktas players went berserk at the ref who refused to disallow the goal (even though he could have used VAR!).

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ga ... -derby-win
https://www.beinsports.com/us/turkish-s ... as/1185077

2) The La Liga level of refereeing banditry against Rizespor in a game they were losing 1-2 in the dying minutes, but ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the travesty of a "phantom penalty" in injury time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292031&p=5429783&hi ... y#p5429773
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

1) With the score at 0-0 against Besiktas just before HT, a Gala defender kicked the ball out of play in his own half. The Besiktas players moved forward into attacking positions for the throw in. Astonishingly, the ref gave a throw in to Gala! :shock: Gala took it quickly, rushed up the pitch, and played in Henry Onyekuru to score in the 43rd minute against a Besiktas defence that had only 2 players back. The Besiktas players went berserk at the ref who refused to disallow the goal (even though he could have used VAR!).

2) The La Liga level of refereeing banditry against Rizespor in a game they were losing 1-2 in the dying minutes, but ended up winning 3-2 thanks to the travesty of a "phantom penalty" in injury time: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292031&p=5429783&hi ... y#p5429773
Just another day in the Turkish league...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:Seriously though Galatasaray got some crazy refereeing ojoro in their favour in the last 3 games of the season:

Just another day in the Turkish league...
yup!

as opposed to:

real madrid buying the FA and having referees in their pocket; or
liverpool winning more than 5 games with fake salah penalties; or
the nigerian league referees on clubs' payroll; or
FIFA being the hiome of theft and corruption.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?