So called "World Class Stadium" in Benin City.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
So called "World Class Stadium" in Benin City.

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium

[/video]
[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: So called "World Class Stadium" in Benin City.

Post by Damunk »

Looks good. Not sure about "world class" though.
Looks like a reconstruction rather than a totally new design
But it's about time Edo started reclaiming its place in Nigerian sports by bringing back the glory days of the old Bendel State.
Up Bendeh! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Who is the yeye woman reading the news
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Who is the yeye woman reading the news
Walahi.
She's murdering the pidgin language in the home of pidgin.
I think say na only me hear am. :boo:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Why do we just love to name stadiums after ourselves? That's how many now? It's like we're obsessed with it now. If you want to immortalize people, build a museum.

Why not get corporate sponsorship by offering naming rights to companies so the stadium can at least fund its own maintenance costs?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:Why do we just love to name stadiums after ourselves? That's how many now? It's like we're obsessed with it now. If you want to immortalize people, build a museum.

Why not get corporate sponsorship by offering naming rights to companies so the stadium can at least fund its own maintenance costs?
I dont have a problem with it to be honest, at least not in this particular case.
But corporate sponsorship makes far more sense.
They could get creative and name it the 'Samuel Ogbemudia TOTAL Stadium' for instance (or the 'Samuel Ogbemudia Shell/Airtel/Yemstarcorp Stadium') if they must preserve an individual's legacy.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

National sports festival will be in Benin City next year.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:Why do we just love to name stadiums after ourselves? That's how many now? It's like we're obsessed with it now. If you want to immortalize people, build a museum.

I dont have a problem with it to be honest, at least not in this particular case.
But corporate sponsorship makes far more sense.
They could get creative and name it the 'Samuel Ogbemudia TOTAL Stadium' for instance (or the 'Samuel Ogbemudia Shell/Airtel/Yemstarcorp Stadium') if they must preserve an individual's legacy.
...Nigeria is not mature (business-wise) enough to do a corporate named stadium.
I know we like to emulate western Europe, America.
But what giant company will sign on when you don't have a successful club side that play at the stadium?
Naming after past icons, for now, is way to go.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This stadium fine pass yeye Chelsea bridge call stadium
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:This stadium fine pass yeye Chelsea bridge call stadium
Stanford , not Chelsea bridge
SuperEagles

Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

The joke is that Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium will become Ogbe Stadium...because we have no commitment to institutions. First, the toilets will fail. Then the turf. No maintenance. No repairing. No replacing. No repainting.

Because we forget that institutions or infrastructure need daily love to fulfill their objective and serve the public...and in the case of stadia, make money. That is why our roads and airports and hospitals become laughable after the first flush of "commissioning." And then another government comes, and contracts to build a new one!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: Stamford Bridge,Chelsea Bridge and Stanford are both non existent stadia!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: Stamford Bridge,Chelsea Bridge and Stanford are both non existent stadia!
:lol: :thumbs: :lol: :thumbs: :lol: :thumbs: :lol: :thumbs: :lol: :thumbs: :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Benin could use a world class clinic. Forget hospital! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Benin could use a world class clinic. Forget hospital! :thumb:
Oshiomhole built one. Buhari launched it. Then they closed it!

FIRST LEVEL fraud at its very best! So, yes. Benin could use a good clinic. Forget world class; ain't no such thing in Nigeria.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

When I was a kid all I used to hear was Ogbe stadium. Didn't ever hear the fill name - Samuel Ogbemudia stadium.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I believe this Acting Governor is the same guy who currently plays for Bendel Insurance FC? Not so?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Enugu II wrote:I believe this Acting Governor is the same guy who currently plays for Bendel Insurance FC? Not so?
Really?!?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Polly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I believe this Acting Governor is the same guy who currently plays for Bendel Insurance FC? Not so?
Really?!?
That's him. Read below:
Philip Shaibu (born 1 December 1969, in Kaduna) an alumnus of University of Jos is a Nigerian lawmaker, politician and business man. He is currently the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Nigeria. Prior to his election as a deputy governor he was a member of House of Representatives (Nigeria) representing Etsako Federal Constituency in the 4th national assembly. He was also a former member of the Edo State House of Assembly representing Etsako West ii constituency Shaibu was a lawmaker in the state House of Assembly, representing Etsako West Constituency II when he was alleged to have made a false statement to the officers of ICPC by claiming that he was an employee of Zanote Ventures Nigeria Limited from 2003 to 2006.[1] and had one time became the president National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) between 2000 and 2001.

He succeeded Comrade Moses Oisakede who died in an ill-fated car crash along Ankpa-Makurdi road while travelling to effect the reinstatement of some expelled activists at the Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi in September of 1999.

Comrade Shaibu is also a professional footballer, a fine one at that and recently The Deputy Governor who adorned jersey number 40 played in the match between Bendel Insurance FC of Benin against the Spartans of Lagos.[2]

He is currently registered with Bendel Insurance of Benin who play in the Nigeria's top flight league.

He had made history as the first Nigerian top politician holding important government political position to play professional football at the same time when he featured for Bendel Insurance in the Nigeria National League and helped the side to gain promotion to the Nigeria top flight in the 2017/2018 campaign of Nigeria's second tier campaign.

He also featured for the Club as a Deputy Governor during the NNL Super Eight in Aba, Abia State.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Shaibu
Drama as referees boycott Insurance versus Rangers NPFL game in Benin
By Christian Okpara
https://guardian.ng/sport/drama-as-refe ... -in-benin/
25 April 2019 | 3:08 am

Fans and other football stakeholders were left stranded at the Sports Centre of the University of Benin, which was supposed to host a Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) match between Bendel Insurance and Enugu Rangers, when the match officials designated for the game refused to show up.

Bendel Insurance and Enugu Rangers were at the stadium at the appointed 4.00 p.m. kick off time, but after waiting for more than one hour with no sign of the match officials, the teams decided to leave the stadium for the their hotels.An Enugu Rangers official, who pleaded anonymity, told The Guardian that they were told the match officials boycotted the game in protest of an alleged threat to their lives by Edo State Deputy Governor, Phillip Shaibu, who is also a registered Bendel Insurance player.

“At the pre-match meeting, only the match commissioner and match assessor were present. “The fans and both teams were at the stadium for the match, but we knew something was wrong when we did not see the referees.“The explanation we got, which was not confirmed by the Nigerian Referees Association (NRA), was that the match officials decided to boycott the game because of the dangerous utterances allegedly made by the Edo State deputy governor.“We are now leaving the stadium to await the League Management Company’s (LMC) directive,” the official said.

Reacting to the development, League Management Company’s (LMC) Harry Iwuala said the body was talking to the parties involved to ascertain what actually happened at the stadium.“We want to know why the referees boycotted the match, if they actually boycotted the game.
“We will make our decisions after our investigations, but you can talk to the referees association to find out why their members acted the way they did,” he said.

Also speaking on the development, Nigerian Referees Association (NRA) PRO, Kelechi Mejuobi said the body had not been briefed on the situation, adding the NRA would not comment on the issue until it got proper briefing on it.He said, however, that the NRA would only react after getting the league body’s side of the situation.

Edo FA Chairman, Frank Ilaboya said the state, owners of the club, was surprised that the referees did not turn up, adding that they were set for the game until they learnt that the match officials did not come to Benin.“At this level, it is not right for us to react to rumours. Nobody communicated to us that his life was being threatened, so we are still trying to find out what actually happened.

“The state FA is the eyes and ears of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and if anything happens we should know so that we can brief the NFF correctly. But in this case, we cannot point at anything as responsible for the referees’ actions.”He described the University of Benin Sports Complex, where Bendel Insurance play their matches, as one of the safest venues in the league, saying there had never been any form of crisis in the place.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bret hart, once again, what's wrong with Edo names? This is the 2nd time I am asking you this question. You've crossed a path of no return
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Bret hart, once again, what's wrong with Edo names? This is the 2nd time I am asking you this question. You've crossed a path of no return

Edo names are long and full of consonants. Took me months to correctly pronounce my GF last name. Btw no be your bros be dis? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Bret hart, once again, what's wrong with Edo names? This is the 2nd time I am asking you this question. You've crossed a path of no return

Edo names are long and full of consonants. Took me months to correctly pronounce my GF last name. Btw no be your bros be dis? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai! All of una don craze finish!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:

[/video]
so you like Edo woman, but you poke fun at our names..what's your babe's name. I go spoil market for you
SuperEagles