WESTERHOF GETS HOUSE 25 YRS AFTER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
WESTERHOF GETS HOUSE 25 YRS AFTER

Post by jette1 »

Clemence westerhof SE former coach gets promised house from fashola
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
slyk
Egg
Egg
Re: WESTERHOF GETS HOUSE 25 YRS AFTER

Post by slyk »

jette1 wrote:Clemence westerhof SE former coach gets promised house from fashola
Well, its a flat he got not really a house and said flat is still being renovated meaning it is not even new. Considering the magnitude of what he achieved back then and the riches of Nigeria, this is all very underwhelming. 25 years! What if Westerhof were no longer alive to receive this gift?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Surprised he even turned up in person to collect it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

slyk wrote:
jette1 wrote:Clemence westerhof SE former coach gets promised house from fashola
Well, its a flat he got not really a house and said flat is still being renovated meaning it is not even new. Considering the magnitude of what he achieved back then and the riches of Nigeria, this is all very underwhelming. 25 years! What if Westerhof were no longer alive to receive this gift?
He was OVER PAID for his achievement. There is a reason why he could not replicate same achievement elsewhere.

Which other country will give him a house after collecting salary and bonus for his work?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:
He was OVER PAID for his achievement. There is a reason why he could not replicate same achievement elsewhere.

Which other country will give him a house after collecting salary and bonus for his work?
Which other country will promise and fail to deliver? Fashola had nothing to do with the original deal, where’s Yekinis statue (official not garden furniture?),where’s a Nigerian football museum to even show generations what legends where made of?
Nigeria doesn’t celebrate its hero’s and that’s the real issue here, like it or not Westerhof is a pioneer in terms of Nigerian football!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

Which other country will promise and fail to deliver? Fashola had nothing to do with the original deal, where’s Yekinis statue (official not garden furniture?),where’s a Nigerian football museum to even show generations what legends where made of?
Nigeria doesn’t celebrate its hero’s and that’s the real issue here, like it or not Westerhof is a pioneer in terms of Nigerian football!
If the argument was about failing to fulfill promises I have no issue with that.

But to say giving him a house (even if renovated) is underwhelming is stretching it! Actually giving him a house is going OVER THE TOP! He was adequately compensated for the work he did. His salary and bonus was his compensation. That is more than what most countries will naturally give a coach.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

That is really not the issue here. I really do not care if he were paid with all the treasures in King Solomon's mines.

The Nigerian government of her own free will made a promise and is just delivering a semblance of said promise 25 years after. If you feel that the manner in which this issue has been handled by the government is okay then I have nothing more to tell you.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

slyk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

That is really not the issue here. I really do not care if he were paid with all the treasures in King Solomon's mines.

The Nigerian government of her own free will made a promise and is just delivering a semblance of said promise 25 years after. If you feel that the manner in which this issue has been handled by the government is okay then I have nothing more to tell you.
Thank you, it’s not as if he asked, some people think it’s alright to break promises but when a government promises something (I agree they where not obligated to do so but did) that just shows why Nigeria is the way it is.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
slyk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

Thank you, it’s not as if he asked, some people think it’s alright to break promises but when a government promises something (I agree they where not obligated to do so but did) that just shows why Nigeria is the way it is.
You guys acting like we have one leader since then,change of leaders might be delay for such long wait,he was promise during military rule then the promise was no time limit so anytime he get the flat is still good.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Wicked country
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote:Surprised he even turned up in person to collect it.
Then you dont know Westerhoff. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

And why haven't we achieved the same lofty height since he left?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

azuka wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

And why haven't we achieved the same lofty height since he left?
Are you talking about wining the ANC , qualifying for the world cup and reaching the second round, or being ranked in the top 10?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote:
Not personally but I would have expected him to at least protest a bit by sending one of his Nigerian associates to attend on his behalf. It is disgraceful behaviour by our government and quite embarrassing.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lolly wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Not personally but I would have expected him to at least protest a bit by sending one of his Nigerian associates to attend on his behalf. It is disgraceful behaviour by our government and quite embarrassing.
Don't be surprise Westerhoff even beg trust me,he will never send anyone even if he is sick,oga danfo can tell you more about the man
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I once met a couple of Ajax fans during the days of Kanu and Finidi at Ajax. I remember the younger one telling me what Westerhof said about Nigeria, that he westerhof would find dead bodies thrown into his porch etc. Its really interesting that he completely resides in Africa now, whie most of us are exiled from her.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ANC wrote:I once met a couple of Ajax fans during the days of Kanu and Finidi at Ajax. I remember the younger one telling me what Westerhof said about Nigeria, that he westerhof would find dead bodies thrown into his porch etc. Its really interesting that he completely resides in Africa now, whie most of us are exiled from her.
He lives in Naija because his OT never ends.

OT = Oyibo treatment.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Westerhoff wouldn't even allow someone hold his wallet, talkless of keys to his property. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

kajifu wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
slyk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
slyk wrote:

You guys acting like we have one leader since then,change of leaders might be delay for such long wait,he was promise during military rule then the promise was no time limit so anytime he get the flat is still good.

Hmmm thought I was the only 1 who thought this. :? :? :? :?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

ANC wrote:I once met a couple of Ajax fans during the days of Kanu and Finidi at Ajax. I remember the younger one telling me what Westerhof said about Nigeria, that he westerhof would find dead bodies thrown into his porch etc. Its really interesting that he completely resides in Africa now, whie most of us are exiled from her.

Not really. :wink: :? :?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Funny thread, it's playing out exactly the same way when Bonfere collected the keys to his flat
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

25 years later..wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved