U20 WC : QATAR 0 NIGERIA 4 ( FT )

Re: U20 WC : QATAR 0 NIGERIA 4 ( FT )

This team is dangerous

3 kondo kiwis

Flying header.

Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

ohenhen1 wrote:3 kondo kiwis

Flying header.
Not to burst your bubble but the game ended 5 nil several hours ago.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Spoilers thank you very much.

Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

ohenhen1 wrote:Spoilers thank you very much.
You are welcome. You want updates on the game of thrones too?

highbury wrote:I have been so busy. I haven't been following the U20 team. But it appears they completed purged the team that represented us at the AFCON U 20. Dang! This is a brand new team. Naija we hail thee! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No, it isn't. More than half of today's starters were at the AYC...
Coach Paul has made the most changes where the AYC team needed it - in attack.

Enugu II wrote:I am impressed with the USA team. They will give Nigeria problems with ball possession but they will have to deal with the pace of Nigerian players. USA really should have won this game v Ukraine if they had been more aggressive upfront and using some direct balls as well.
The US will NOT get the amount of possession they got today against Nigeria...

ahidjo2 wrote:I didn't see any Nigerian player with pace today. None

Only on CE, only on CE...

ohenhen1 wrote:Impressive through ball for the 2nd goal. Iniesta would be proud of that ball.
You mean for the 3d goal?
The 2d goal was off a cutback.

ahidjo2,

Surprised. Was it not evident on the left, at the very least? In any case, watch and observe on Monday against the USA.
ahidjo2 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:These players are probably with youth teams not the main team of their clubs. Only Weah and Mendez have impressed. Mendez will probably move toa big club after this tournament.
Talking a lot of smack. The USA is going to be tough opposition for Nigeria. They are welll capable of winning. Ditto for the Ukraine
I am impressed with the USA team. They will give Nigeria problems with ball possession but they will have to deal with the pace of Nigerian players. USA really should have won this game v Ukraine if they had been more aggressive upfront and using some direct balls as well.
I didn't see any Nigerian player with pace today. None
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

My thoughts on the game:

1. We dominated possession for long stretches of the game but often times play broke down in the final third. Looked like we lacked a player that could make the final through ball.It wasn't clear to me whether Effiong or Michael was playing the AM role and neither look like a natural AM.

2. Utin and Dele Bashiru were the most impressive to me. Utin overlapped and confidently beat his marker multiple times and assisted on 2 of the goals. He was also rarely beaten or caught out of position. Dele-Bashiru was confident going forward, broke up plays and finished nicely for his goal.

3. We gave Qatar a little too much space on occasion. Better teams like the US and Ukraine could punish us if we give them that much space.

4. Players like Utin, Tijani, Oremade, Offia, and Effiong look older than 20. That being said, it's hard to determine age just on looks. Akor is big but looks young.

5. Tijani our CF was underwhelming and looked a little clumsy when he had the ball. Akor was a little better. We will need a CF that can either hold up the ball or take on players against better teams.

6. Most importantly we won and took our chances. Let's see if we continue to improve as the tournament progresses.
elerineye

Post by elerineye »

wale1974 wrote:Ikouwem Udo is the real deal :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just 1 game
Emir,

Perhaps it is just one game for you. Ikuowen, more than any other player on this team, has been watched over and over. He was at WAFU with Eagles B, he was at the CHAN with Eagles B, he has been with Enyimba, he has been called up by Rohr. Thus, I do to know where you come up with just one game.
Didn't he also play against Atletico Madrid?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

Interesting that no one addressed the fact that our boys were caught napping few times right after our corner kicks. I vividly remember one where the Qatari's had four players versus one defender but couldn't convert their chance. I do not think we can get away with those kind of errors against a team like the US or Ukraine.

Mistakes happen at youth competitions. The US also made several mistakes or were caught napping @Ekorian. It was a good first game for Nigeria. I am still waiting to see teams like France. New Zealand, Colombia and Nigeria are the top 3 teams I have seen so far.

Man Ataye

Post by Man Ataye »

ahidjo2 wrote:I didn't see any Nigerian player with pace today. None

Only on CE, only on CE...

Leave dat wan. Leave dat wan. Smh
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye

Post by Man Ataye »

Enugu II wrote:I am impressed with the USA team. They will give Nigeria problems with ball possession but they will have to deal with the pace of Nigerian players. USA really should have won this game v Ukraine if they had been more aggressive upfront and using some direct balls as well.

Hope its a tie. Like to c USA thru 2.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....

ohenhen1 wrote:Mistakes happen at youth competitions. The US also made several mistakes or were caught napping @Ekorian. It was a good first game for Nigeria. I am still waiting to see teams like France. New Zealand, Colombia and Nigeria are the top 3 teams I have seen so far.
Not just in youth competitions but in all football games. Football is a game of errors. No major sport accounts for as much error as football does.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
elerineye

Post by elerineye »

Qatar is causing Ukraine all kinds of problems...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman

Gotti,

I do not expect them to get "the amount of possession they got today." Instead, what I have stated above is that the USA will "give Nigeria problems with ball possession." I believe those two statements are different.

I have been impressed with the officiating in this tournament. It seems the introduction of VAR has forced refs to up their game and tamper their inherent bias which they used to have before.

Ukraine scores.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

This Ukraine team are very dangerous in the air. Its always been a big part of their game.
Good header and goal. Qatar need to throw caution into the wind now.

charlie wrote:This Ukraine team are very dangerous in the air. Its always been a big part of their game.
Good header and goal. Qatar need to throw caution to the wind now.