OUR AGBAYA POLICY AT U20 LEVEL IS ALIVE AND WELL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: OUR AGBAYA POLICY AT U20 LEVEL IS ALIVE AND WELL

Post by Waffiman »

wale1974 wrote:
txj wrote:The really sad thing is that many of us will privately acknowledge and deep down know that we are cheating. But will keep quiet here and hide behind the moniker of 'evidence '.
Well said.............Yet we wonder why Naija is such a mess.

Even ex youth players have acknowledged that they faked their age just to play youth tournaments.
Many of those burying their heads in the sand on this issue have shifted their positions over the years as the evidence have proven those who suspected age cheating right. However there is a hardcore who you have to just agree to just disagree with and just move on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
txj wrote:The really sad thing is that many of us will privately acknowledge and deep down know that we are cheating. But will keep quiet here and hide behind the moniker of 'evidence '.

Even ex youth players have acknowledged that they faked their age just to play youth tournaments.
Many of those burying their heads in the sand on this issue have shifted their positions over the years as the evidence have proven those who suspected age cheating right. However there is a hardcore who you have to just agree to just disagree with and just move on.
Its unfortunate that the three of you seem to be indulging yourselves in a false argument.

It seems you are all in a courtroom on a high platform vigorously arguing "there is cheating in Nigerian football" and opposite you are ghosts and shadows who you see arguing back "there is no cheating in football!".

Maybe you guys are in the wrong courtroom, becos on that point, you are arguing with yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Care to elaborate on this? Which evidence?
Even if we have seen a few pieces of evidence, is that enough to conclude that it's always the case?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wale1974 wrote:

It is publicly acknowledged and verified that some Nigerians are drug pushers, 4-1-9, child traffickers etc. Based on that fact, I hope we are not going to justify a Smith from Arizona calling Wale from Lagos a drug pusher without any evidence?

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Even if we have seen a few pieces of evidence, is that enough to conclude that it's always the case?
Me I get evidence. My school mate from secondary school celebrated his 40th birthday last week. He was in the Under 17 camp during his NYSC service. He eventually didn't make the team. We finished secondary school in 1997. He was a good GK in secondary school, but competition drove him to play left wing (due to shortage of left footed players).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

fabio wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Me I get evidence. My school mate from secondary school celebrated his 40th birthday last week. He was in the Under 17 camp during his NYSC service. He eventually didn't make the team. We finished secondary school in 1977. He was a good GK in secondary school, but competition drove him to play left wing (due to shortage of left footed players).
Uncle Agbalagba Fabio, Yes, we have seen a few pieces of evidence just as we have seen evidence of drug pushers from Nigeria. How does your friend's example from 1985 U17 relate to Nigeria's U20 team in 2019?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Evidence is all anybody is asking for on specific allegations, rather than smearing generations of young players based on feelings and historical cases.
Why should my son born in a small town or village in Makurdi or Mbaise or Makoko be held hostage to the crimes committed by Osondu, Atere, Chukwudi and co who are old enough to be his father?

Meanwhile, lets remind ourselves how those that try and back up their feelings with evidence are treated on CE. Anyone remember this?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=225995
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Why is it so difficult to accept that folks might be against age cheats and yet be against making a sweeping unsubstantiated allegation that indicts everyone?

You don't have a problem accusing people in a public forum without any shroud of evidence but will bristle if folks do the same to your purported integrity?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

txj wrote:We are still cheating. We always cheat. Cheating is in our DNA...

Its almost as if we are cursed with fraudulent leaders...

Tufiakwa!
mods?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rawlings wrote:
txj wrote:We are still cheating. We always cheat. Cheating is in our DNA...

Its almost as if we are cursed with fraudulent leaders...

Tufiakwa!
mods?
Why are you calling Mods?

He is right, Nigeria is cheating.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Why is it so difficult to accept that folks might be against age cheats and yet be against making a sweeping unsubstantiated allegation that indicts everyone?
You don't have a problem accusing people in a public forum without any shroud of evidence but will bristle if folks do the same to your purported integrity?
Excellent question, difficult for many to answer.
So they'd rather create an easier argument by claiming we are saying "there is no cheating in Nigerian football".
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I have tried to give these our boys the benefit of the doubt but after watching 2 games they don’t pass the gut feeling test for me. The sad part is even my wife who doesn’t watch one second of any sport took just one look at tv screen (vs USA) concluded that all our boys are overage - and kept moving. The truth is we are killing ourselves with age cheating fueled by corruption at the highest level. If the game vs USA isn’t an eye opening experience for the powers that be vis a vis the consequences of their actions, then there’s no hope for the long term prospects of our football.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

green4life wrote:I have tried to give these our boys the benefit of the doubt but after watching 2 games they don’t pass the gut feeling test for me. The sad part is even my wife who doesn’t watch one second of any sport took just one look at tv screen (vs USA) concluded that all our boys are overage - and kept moving. The truth is we are killing ourselves with age cheating fueled by corruption at the highest level. If the game vs USA isn’t an eye opening experience for the powers that be vis a vis the consequences of their actions, then there’s no hope for the long term prospects of our football.
Maybe its time to start prosecuting these kids for forgery and take the focus away from the NFF, agents and coaches.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a slippery slope. We dont want to risk a ban by publicly criticizing the NFF too much on this issue. I hope Pinnick can show true leadership on this issue. It is obvious Nigeria is cheating. Drastic actions must be taken. Create a large database of players at U15. Go to schools, churches, mosques, academies and etc and do mass registration with school records and birth certificate. Any player that wasn't in the U15 data base shouldn't be allowed to take part in the U17 and U20 unless they were born in diaspora. Late bloomers can be invited to the U23 first then the national team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Show me the evidence that these people are truly against age cheating!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote:
green4life wrote:I have tried to give these our boys the benefit of the doubt but after watching 2 games they don’t pass the gut feeling test for me. The sad part is even my wife who doesn’t watch one second of any sport took just one look at tv screen (vs USA) concluded that all our boys are overage - and kept moving. The truth is we are killing ourselves with age cheating fueled by corruption at the highest level. If the game vs USA isn’t an eye opening experience for the powers that be vis a vis the consequences of their actions, then there’s no hope for the long term prospects of our football.
Maybe its time to start prosecuting these kids for forgery and take the focus away from the NFF, agents and coaches.

I keep trying to educate you on this issue. Its not about the players. Its about the NFF and their collusion with agents...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lolly wrote:
All participants involved at any point in the food chain need to be prosecuted for the betterment of our football. If Nigeria wants to solve this cheating problem it can be fixed easily. Unfortunately, the default in Nigeria is a culture of looking for ways to defeat established rules and regulations: Nigerians overall do not like to comply. We like finding ways to override controls so we can circumvent rules. The solution starts from the top but all actors involved are responsible including the cheating players and their families and agents.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:My Analysis of the game: Even though we won...it was mostly on the sheer strength of induvial players...Those Qataris were better organized than our team. They played with some really good schemes in the midfield... We will struggle against better teams.

Its a shame how those small ajebutter USA boys beat our Agbayas…. They just outclassed us in every area... This is the first US team to me that looked like the real deal. America has come a long way baby...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:My Analysis of the game: Even though we won...it was mostly on the sheer strength of induvial players...Those Qataris were better organized than our team. They played with some really good schemes in the midfield... We will struggle against better teams.

Its a shame how those small ajebutter USA boys beat our Agbayas…. They just outclassed us in every area... This is the first US team to me that looked like the real deal. America has come a long way baby...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

jette1 wrote:
ok
What do you think now Jette1 ?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is a slippery slope. We dont want to risk a ban by publicly criticizing the NFF too much on this issue. I hope Pinnick can show true leadership on this issue. It is obvious Nigeria is cheating. Drastic actions must be taken. Create a large database of players at U15. Go to schools, churches, mosques, academies and etc and do mass registration with school records and birth certificate. Any player that wasn't in the U15 data base shouldn't be allowed to take part in the U17 and U20 unless they were born in diaspora. Late bloomers can be invited to the U23 first then the national team.
Did Pinnick not meet a under 13 and 15 program of the maigari administration. What did he do with it. That's the question, you should be asking.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience. I tried to even bait my wife during the playing of the national anthem with closeups of the player faces by saying "look as these old men claiming under 20" she took a look at the screen and said "haba! These are kids" and explained that in her own secondary school days she had classmates who looked even older than the ones on the screen. I have long given up on applying any kind of "eye test" to age. I just watch the games and enjoy my love of football abeg!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

fabio wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Me I get evidence. My school mate from secondary school celebrated his 40th birthday last week. He was in the Under 17 camp during his NYSC service. He eventually didn't make the team. We finished secondary school in 1997. He was a good GK in secondary school, but competition drove him to play left wing (due to shortage of left footed players).

So what exactly is your point? :roll:
Was MRI testing part of the protocol then?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16