OUR AGBAYA POLICY AT U20 LEVEL IS ALIVE AND WELL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OUR AGBAYA POLICY AT U20 LEVEL IS ALIVE AND WELL

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Me I no dey the U-17 argument since the federation has been pro-active in putting in some kind of check to help fix the issue. I'm just focused more on U-20 as the argument still relies on documents that can be easily faked in Nigeria. But are those documents being verified by the NFF or are they being used as if they are infallibly valid? This is the most important part to me, some pro-activeness from the NFF is necessary esp. knowing the situation in the country and knowing how important it is for us to use players of the right age. Or is it only when "known" fakers are called out before they are 'quietly removed'. So the logical assumption is they would have continued using these players if nobody made noise, which looks bad on the NFF. If the NFF wants to get from under this constant shadow of doubt it needs to be more pro-active IMHO.
Thats the koko of the matter and what we need to know.
But to assume that because of some primitive faceology 'technology' made in Okokomaiko telling us the players are 'overage' we should now assume the NFF are not verifying documents (or trying to) is a huge leap of logic.
Even when we have those telling us their direct experience of how the NFF is tying to weed out cheats at the U17 level, people ignore it conveniently.
Anyway, there is only so much one can try and introduce reason into a debate.
Me I don taya for this matta for now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Me I no dey the U-17 argument since the federation has been pro-active in putting in some kind of check to help fix the issue. I'm just focused more on U-20 as the argument still relies on documents that can be easily faked in Nigeria. But are those documents being verified by the NFF or are they being used as if they are infallibly valid? This is the most important part to me, some pro-activeness from the NFF is necessary esp. knowing the situation in the country and knowing how important it is for us to use players of the right age. Or is it only when "known" fakers are called out before they are 'quietly removed'. So the logical assumption is they would have continued using these players if nobody made noise, which looks bad on the NFF. If the NFF wants to get from under this constant shadow of doubt it needs to be more pro-active IMHO.
But to assume that because of some primitive faceology 'technology' made in Okokomaiko telling us the players are 'overage' we should now assume the NFF are not verifying documents (or trying to) is a huge leap of logic.
Even when we have those telling us their direct experience of how the NFF is tying to weed out cheats at the U17 level, people ignore it conveniently.
I hear you, but I'm not aware of the NFF doing this verification at the U-20 level. At U-17 they don't want to spend unnecessary funds and resources running MRI tests on someone who will clearly fail so they are incentivized to do some kind of check/verification. That's why I'm focusing on any age group above U-17 where that incentive doesn't exist, what exactly are they doing to be proactive. The more these things are publicized the more trust the federation will gain.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I hear you, but I'm not aware of the NFF doing this verification at the U-20 level. At U-17 they don't want to spend unnecessary funds and resources running MRI tests on someone who will clearly fail so they are incentivized to do some kind of check/verification. That's why I'm focusing on any age group above U-17 where that incentive doesn't exist, what exactly are they doing to be proactive. The more these things are publicized the more trust the federation will gain.
Youre right. They need to publicise what they are doing. Not that the naysayers will believe anything they say or are seen to do.

Sometime last year, Pinnick himself in an interview said the NFF were moving away from winning these underage tournaments and then celebrating them as if we'd won the World Cup. He said it should be a means to an end and not an end in itself - which suggests the NFF are thinking much like all of us here.

The interview was posted here on CE.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mcal wrote:
JACKAL wrote:My Analysis of the game: Even though we won...it was mostly on the sheer strength of induvial players...Those Qataris were better organized than our team. They played with some really good schemes in the midfield... We will struggle against better teams.
...based on your crying analysis message been sent to fifa to change score to Nigeria 0 Qatar 4. I hope that makes you feel very very better.
Mcal… You know I didn't wait for them to lose before I told you the quality of our team. I made my estimation after their big win vs Qatar.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:And Oremade MAY be the best Nigerian Goal keeper out there...….His technical skills are superb
However...I'll wait for a really tough game before I give him my full endorsement...
I take that back.... He is crap. Cant kick out goal kicks, missed crosses, beaten on the near side …
Why cant Nigerian Goalkeepers kick out consistent goal kicks anyway ?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:My Analysis of the game: Even though we won...it was mostly on the sheer strength of induvial players...Those Qataris were better organized than our team. They played with some really good schemes in the midfield... We will struggle against better teams.

Its a shame how those small ajebutter USA boys beat our Agbayas…. They just outclassed us in every area... This is the first US team to me that looked like the real deal. America has come a long way baby...
Like I told you, they are not very organized..they didn't really have a lot of chances to score vs Ukraine today. If not for the Penalty's we would be out of the competition. Like I said, they will struggle vs good teams.

Why don't you all just listen to me and forget about all the other analysis... :mrgreen: :agree:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Its a shame how those small ajebutter USA boys beat our Agbayas…. They just outclassed us in every area... This is the first US team to me that looked like the real deal. America has come a long way baby...
Like I told you, they are not very organized..they didn't really have a lot of chances to score vs Ukraine today. If not for the Penalty's we would be out of the competition. Like I said, they will struggle vs good teams.

Why don't you all just listen to me and forget about all the other analysis... :mrgreen: :agree:

Ladies and gentlemen, behold the online version of a mad man roaming the streets...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

[color=#0000FF]Like I told you, they are not very organized..they didn't really have a lot of chances to score vs Ukraine today. If not for the Penalty's we would be out of the competition. Like I said, they will struggle vs good teams.

[/color]

"" If not for the Penalty's we would be out of the competition"". : I see penalties as part of the game. The constant pressure and onslaught from an attacking team, including dribbling in the box will create errors from the defending team with some leading to penalties and red cards.
Pressure creates diamonds.
No pressure , no penalties.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

metalalloy wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, behold the online version of a mad man roaming the streets...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
txj wrote:The really sad thing is that many of us will privately acknowledge and deep down know that we are cheating. But will keep quiet here and hide behind the moniker of 'evidence '.
Well said.............Yet we wonder why Naija is such a mess.

Even ex youth players have acknowledged that they faked their age just to play youth tournaments.
Many of those burying their heads in the sand on this issue have shifted their positions over the years as the evidence have proven those who suspected age cheating right. However there is a hardcore who you have to just agree to just disagree with and just move on.

Why is it so difficult to accept that folks might be against age cheats and yet be against making a sweeping unsubstantiated allegation that indicts everyone?

You don't have a problem accusing people in a public forum without any shroud of evidence but will bristle if folks do the same to your purported integrity?
Incorrect assertion Cellular. I have not made any accusations or accused anyone of anything. Read my earlier posts in this thread, it is at odds with your post above.

The post you are responding to does not make a sweeping unsubstantiated allegation that indicts everyone. Indeed, it is respectful of those who disagree by saying we agree to disagree on this issue.

Your response is way out of context. I don't understand it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Lolly wrote:
green4life wrote:I have tried to give these our boys the benefit of the doubt but after watching 2 games they don’t pass the gut feeling test for me. The sad part is even my wife who doesn’t watch one second of any sport took just one look at tv screen (vs USA) concluded that all our boys are overage - and kept moving. The truth is we are killing ourselves with age cheating fueled by corruption at the highest level. If the game vs USA isn’t an eye opening experience for the powers that be vis a vis the consequences of their actions, then there’s no hope for the long term prospects of our football.
Maybe its time to start prosecuting these kids for forgery and take the focus away from the NFF, agents and coaches.
All participants involved at any point in the food chain need to be prosecuted for the betterment of our football. If Nigeria wants to solve this cheating problem it can be fixed easily. Unfortunately, the default in Nigeria is a culture of looking for ways to defeat established rules and regulations: Nigerians overall do not like to comply. We like finding ways to override controls so we can circumvent rules. The solution starts from the top but all actors involved are responsible including the cheating players and their families and agents.
Nigeria is no different from most societies in this aspect. The key is there are systems of rules and regulations which are enforced, the law is upheld with known sanctions if needed.

Sadly, we do not, so it has become a free for all.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:First game: All these players are Agbaya, thats why they won against Qatar.
Second game: All these players are Abgaya, thats why they lost against the USA.

A lot of you people on this board are borderline schizophrenic
Disagreeing with your position does not make anyone borderline schizophrenic.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

My bro, you are making sense. Our team is not very organised. They play football like farmers :lol: :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Sometimes I wish I was wrong so that all the naysayers can have their day in the sun...but its not so.
Truly I wish I was wrong so we could have won...but the team was poor.. the coaching was worse.
:blushing: :veryangry:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

you cant teach old aged teenagers how to play the basics of football, until Nigeria does away with age cheating at this level, its fortunes will never improve
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiBrazil wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its always a sad sight when the naysayers always scatter like cockroaches when they discover that I am right once again.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I always hope that one day, just one day, one of them would be man enough to say...."You were right Jackal"

To date its only Damunk who was man enough to admit it during the oliseh countdown