U20 WYC: NGR 0 vs USA 2 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20 WYC: NGR 0 vs USA 2 (2H)

Post by Gotti »

Its a Goal wrote:Okon is the only one who has dignified himself on this team.
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Is there any of our former u20 team that has being this bad even with very old players?, since pinnick came in our youth teams have abandoned the youth philosophy of the previous nff management.

What are the bases of picking our youth coaches, this match is really annoying what
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20 WYC: NGR 0 vs USA 2 (FT)

Post by YemiBrazil »

Everyone involved in the entire process from the very beginning to this point should be thoroughly embarrassed, and that's not a bad thing. I can't imagine myself being part of this. I don't think I would be able to sleep. Well, na so we see am.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Dimka76 Tell me when last did a Nigerian team beat the USA even the Men’s Senior team tell me when last did they beat the USA? Corruption, ineptitude, disorganization and a system that is not based on merit can never produce success!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wale1974 wrote:The best team won..................Nothing more to add.
The best team on the day won. Nigeria was out coached. Aigbogun had no answers. The next game is on Thursday. We have to make changes.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:What's the coaching credential of Paul Aigbogun or whatever he's called? Let's start from there...
One of few Nigerians with a UEFA Pro certificate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I know at least 2 players on that Naija team with kids already...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria is now losing to the USA with overage players. We have a problem.
Can you put a sock in this childish "overage" drivel, and attempt to elevate the discourse...SMH :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

404 wrote:Dimka76 Tell me when last did a Nigerian team beat the USA even the Men’s Senior team tell me when last did they beat the USA? Corruption, ineptitude, disorganization and a system that is not based on merit can never produce success!
Off the top of my head, 1989. WYC semi final.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria is now losing to the USA with overage players. We have a problem.
No doubt they played real bad. But, do you have any prove of anyone of them being overage?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

404 wrote:Dimka76 Tell me when last did a Nigerian team beat the USA even the Men’s Senior team tell me when last did they beat the USA? Corruption, ineptitude, disorganization and a system that is not based on merit can never produce success!
The last we beat them at any competition was the 2017 U17 world cup (I believe) with Osimhen destroying them...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:I know at least 2 players on that Naija team with kids already...
Wow. Bros, 17-18 year olds are old enough to become fathers. Unless you are stating they have teenagers or thereabouts as kids. If not what you have stated isn't big deal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:Whoever selected this team and coach needs to be sued to court.

Tufiakwa
They should go to jail
It’s not about the selection. It’s the system.
I agree. Our football is a microcosm of our society.

Agreed, with federal character included
Even with Federal character, their are better footballers from the north. Garba Lawal, Armed Musa, Tijani Babangida etc are from the north too. Its just bad or lazy scouting.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Gotti wrote:
Can you put a sock in this childish "overage" drivel, and attempt to elevate the discourse...SMH :oops:

We have an age cheating problem, we need to stop denying the problem. Revamp the youth system. Winning tournaments at youth level is not everything. Bring true U20 players to the tournament and develop them.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Tobi17 wrote:I know at least 2 players on that Naija team with kids already...
U20s have kids in Nigeria, USA, UK etc, football or not. That's not the issue in today's match.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oscar52 wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:Whoever selected this team and coach needs to be sued to court.

Tufiakwa
They should go to jail
It’s not about the selection. It’s the system.
I agree. Our football is a microcosm of our society.

Agreed, with federal character included
Even with Federal character, their are better footballers from the north. Garba Lawal, Armed Musa, Tijani Babangida etc are from the north too. Its just bad or lazy scouting.
Unfortunately those players were/are at best very average, the North only produces hard working players... not cerebral players.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

We played poorly at the start and paid for it. That 4 goal cushion that we got against Qatar may turn out to be very important. On to Ukraine.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hmmm just getting home, so even with all our agbayas US still betters us, so what exactly is the point again?? Why not get the same results with a young squad so they can actually learn and improve?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mystic wrote:We played poorly at the start and paid for it. That 4 goal cushion that we got against Qatar may turn out to be very important. On to Ukraine.
I think we will need at least a draw against Ukraine to have a chance of qualifying as one of four 3rd place teams. Who knows. But the truth is these boys are really poor and watching them in the next round is going to be more painful unless we have some gems among the unused substitutes. I doubt it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:Hmmm just getting home, so even with all our agbayas US still betters us, so what exactly is the point again?? Why not get the same results with a young squad so they can actually learn and improve?
Bad mouth :lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote:Hmmm just getting home, so even with all our agbayas US still betters us, so what exactly is the point again?? Why not get the same results with a young squad so they can actually learn and improve?
Money for ground. You don't always get on to a Nigerian youth team on merit. It's been long.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Historically, Nigeria has always underperformed against the US but this has got to be the worst performance ever by a Nigerian team at the U20 World Cup. The good news is there is nowhere to go but up for this Nigerian team :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Historically, Nigeria has always underperformed against the US but this has got to be the worst performance ever by a Nigerian team at the U20 World Cup. The good news is there is nowhere to go but up for this Nigerian team :!:

Cheers.