Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lolly »

Guys,

What is wrong with our coaches and administrators? Are they really that daft?

http://westafricanfootball.com/2011/04/ ... ball-team/

This information is in the public domain. I have already sent warning to one of my contacts in Nigeria. This is too much! We must do something about it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Cristao II »

The Nigeria U-20 national football team will later this month participate in the Orange African Youth Championship in South Africa. A few days ago, several media channels reported the final squad of Nigeria U-20:

Goalkeepers: Danjuma Paul (Nasarawa United FC, Nigeria), John Felagha (Aspire Academy, Qatar), Gideon Gambo (Sharks FC, Nigeria)

Defenders: Mackson Ojobo (Enyimba FC, Nigeria), Ganiu Ogungbe (Gateway FC, Nigeria), Mohammed Aliyu (Villarreal FC, Spain), Terna Suswan (Vitorial Setubal, Portugal), Kingsley Oluocha (Abia Warriors FC, Nigeria), Gbenga Arokoyo (Kwara United FC, Nigeria), Emmanuel Anyanwu (Enyimba FC, Nigeria)

Midfielders: Chidi Osuchukwu (Dolphins FC, Nigeria), Ramon Azeez (Almeria FC, Spain), Philemon Daniel (Kwara United FC, Nigeria), Abdul Ajagun (Dolphins FC, Nigeria)

Forwards: Uche Nwofor (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria), Olanrewaju Kayode (ASEC Mimosas, Ivory Coast), Edafe Egbedi (Unattached), Stanley Okoro (Almeria FC, Spain), Terry Envoh (Sharks FC, Nigeria), Gomo Onduku (Sharks FC, Nigeria), Ahmed Musa (VVV Venlo, Netherlands)

According to the CAF-regulations, only players born on or after 01.01.1991 are eligible to play.

I have strong reason to believe that several players in the Nigeria squad are older, which I will focus on in this post and try to document / make probable.

The following players in the squad play for teams in the Nigeria Premier League 2010-2011:

GIDEON GAMBO – SHARKS FC

Gideon Gambo is the reserve goalkeeper at Sharks FC. Okiemute Odah (born 23.11.1988) is an established first choice and Gambo has not played many matches in the Nigeria Premier League. The date of birth of Gambo is unknown to me but I have no reason to believe that Gambo is born earlier than 01.01.1991.

MACKSON OJOBO – ENYIMBA FC

Ojobo is a right-back / left-back who joined Enyimba FC from Bayelsa United FC before the current campaign. Mackson Ojobo is also known as “Markson Ojobo”. I was very surprised to read about Ojobo’s inclusion in the squad as Ojobo is a quite experienced player in the Nigeria Premier League.

Ojobo is a former player of Ocean Boys FC and was part of the team that won the Nigeria Premier League 2006. The Nigeria Premier League 2006 was played between 15.04.2006 and 27.08.2006.

Ojobo also won the Nigeria Premier League in 2008-2009 with Bayelsa United FC.

The following quote is taken from an article by Goal from 17.07.2009:

“Young left-back Markson Ojobo has now won two league winners’ medals after he was also part of neighbours Ocean Boys’ triumph three years ago.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2 ... in-nigeria

This article from AllAfrica confirms that Ojobo was part of the Ocean Boys defence in January 2007:

“Disu will likely retain goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa in goal, with Mackson Ojobo, Mimi Atedze, Ifeanyi Onwuatu and Brown Adegie likely to man the defence.”

http://allafrica.com/stories/200701291461.html

I personally find it rather hard to believe that Ojobo is born on or after 01.01.1991. This would have made his 14 or 15 years old when he won the Nigeria Premier League 2006 with Ocean Boys FC. It is very rare that such young players compete in the tough Nigerian football.

GBENGA AROKOYO – KWARA UNITED FC

Arokoyo is a talented central defender, presented in my post from 27.02.2011.

http://westafricanfootball.com/2011/02/ ... a-arokoyo/

I believe that Arokoyo is born in 1992 or 1993 and I am sure that he will have a brilliant tournament in South Africa.

EMMANUEL ANYANWU – ENYIMBA FC

Anyanwu is a regular central defender at Enyimba FC. He made his full international debut for Nigeria on 11.08.2010 against South Korea. I have no information about the age of Anyanwu but he has not been around that long and I believe that he is born on or after 01.01.1991.

CHIDI OSUCHUKWU – DOLPHINS FC

Osuchukwu plays as an attacking midfielder at Dolphins FC. He was presented in my post from 20.02.2011.

http://westafricanfootball.com/2011/02/ ... osuchukwu/

The following is taken from my post:

“Earlier this month, Osuchukwu was once again training with the Nigeria U-20 national football team, which was rather surprising to me based on the date of birth I found on the official homepage of Gateway FC, 16.02.1990. The Nigeria U-20 national football team are preparing for the Orange African Youth Championship to be played in Libya from 18.03.2011 to 01.04.2011. Last week, Nigeria U-20 played a friendly match against Libya U-20. The match ended 1-1 and Nigeria’s goal was scored by Chidi Osuchukwu.”

Unfortunately, the official homepage of Gateway FC is now deleted and I cannot document the date of birth 16.02.1990. However, I strongly believe that this is the correct birthdate of the player.

PHILEMON DANIEL – KWARA UNITED FC

Daniel is a defensive midfielder at Kwara United FC. He was one of the revelations of the 2009-2010 season according to SuperSport and has also been in fine form this season.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe that Daniel is born on or after 01.01.1991. According to the official website of Kwara United FC, Daniel is born 20.11.1992, which is found by following this link:

http://www.kwaraunitedfc.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=65

Interestingly, former clubs are apparently:

“Kaduna United FC (2001-2003); Niger Tornadoes FC of Minna (2003-2008)”

About 1 ½ years ago, Kwara United FC had a different official homepage and the date of birth of Daniel was given to 20.03.1986. The same date of birth is found on this webpage:

http://www.voiceoftheplayer.com/pdf/Phi ... ochure.pdf

According to my own records of Philemon Daniel, he was part of the Niger Tornadoes FC team as early as 2004. The following is quoted from the following article from AllAfrica, dated 02.05.2005:

“Thereafter it was a balanced affair by both teams as Gateway brought in the pair of Henry Osadolor and Ibrahim Ajani to light up their attack while Tornadoes, intent on avoiding another away defeat, substituted Solomon James with Philemon Daniel while Philip Auta replaced Shedrack Chuba.”

http://allafrica.com/stories/200505021039.html

Based on the above, I cannot possibly believe that Philemon Daniel is born on or after 01.01.1991. It does not seem likely at all that a 12 year old plays in the Nigeria Premier League in 2005.

ABDUL AJAGUN – DOLPHINS FC

Ajagun is a brilliant attacker / winger at Dolphins FC and a former star of the Nigeria U-17 national football team. Ajagun is born 10.02.1993 and should become a key performer in the tournament. The date of birth is FIFA-confirmed and should be correct.

UCHE NWOFOR – ENUGU RANGERS FC

Nwofor is the star striker at Enugu Rangers FC. Nwofor, sometimes referred to as Nwafor, is a powerfully-built forward with three league goals to his name in the 2010-2011 season.

Nwofor played for Anambra Pillars FC in 2009-2010 but joined Shooting Stars FC during the season. Anambra Pillars FC had a rather impressive website in 2009 and according to this page, Nwofor is born 28.02.1989. Please find the attached document:

C:\Users\Øivind\Desktop\AFRIKANSK FOTBALL\African leagues\Anambra Pillars.mht

Based on this information I find it hard to believe that Nwofor is born on or after 01.01.1991.

TERRY ENVOH – SHARKS FC

Envoh is a tricky attacker / winger at Sharks FC, born 12.12.1992. Envoh has not scored yet this season, despite being a regular player at Sharks. The date of birth is FIFA-confirmed and should be correct. The picture is of Terry Envoh and is taken from MTN Football.

GOMO ONDUKU – SHARKS FC

Onduku is a winger playing for Sharks FC, known for his dazzling runs down the flanks. Onduku was presented in my post from 19.03.2011.

http://westafricanfootball.com/2011/03/19/gomo-onduku/

The following is taken from the post:

“Age is always a concern in Nigerian football and little is known about Onduku’s career before the 2008-2009 season. However, it is a fact that Onduku was part of the Bayelsa United FC squad for the 2005 Norway Cup, one of the largest youth football tournaments in the world. Bayelsa United FC participated in the so-called “Class A”, which was for boys “born after 01.01.1986 and later”, basically boys who were 17, 18 or 19 years old at the time of the tournament (August 2005). Onduku was interviewed by a Norwegian newspaper during the tournament and stated that his hero as a football player was John Obi Mikel, currently of Chelsea FC(England). A player who is part of the current Nigeria U-20 national football team will most likely be born in 1991 or 1992. It seems questionable that Bayelsa United FC would include a 13 or 14 year old boy in their “Class A” team for the 2005 Norway Cup, but it is certainly not impossible. I have personally always thought Onduku was born in 1988 based on his Norway Cup appearance but this is just a theory and could very well be wrong.”

Unfortunately, I find it hard to believe that Onduku is born on or after 01.01.1991.

Based on the above, I fear that the Nigeria U-20 national football team could get into problems for age-cheating. It seems unlikely that Mackson Ojobo, Chidi Osuchukwu, Philemon Daniel, Uche Nwofor and Gomo Onduku are born on or after 01.01.1991.

I personally have a strong problem with age-cheating as it is highly unfair to struggling players who are honest about their age. Football is often a way out of poverty and it is not fair that a player who is 25 years old should take the place of a promising 18 year old player for such an event as the Orange African Youth Championship in South Africa.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

I personally have a strong problem with age-cheating as it is highly unfair to struggling players who are honest about their age. Football is often a way out of poverty and it is not fair that a player who is 25 years old should take the place of a promising 18 year old player for such an event as the Orange African Youth Championship in South Africa.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Well, when i spoke about controvercies surrounding Obuh teams over the yrs some fools come around dilly dally and making stupid points. until we get banned maybe we will see obuh is extremely careless with his selection not minding where and how long these players have been in the NPL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:Guys,

This information is in the public domain. I have already sent warning to one of my contacts in Nigeria. This is too much! We must do something about it.

According to my own records of Philemon Daniel, he was part of the Niger Tornadoes FC team as early as 2004. The following is quoted from the following article from AllAfrica, dated 02.05.2005:

“Thereafter it was a balanced affair by both teams as Gateway brought in the pair of Henry Osadolor and Ibrahim Ajani to light up their attack while Tornadoes, intent on avoiding another away defeat, substituted Solomon James with Philemon Daniel while Philip Auta replaced Shedrack Chuba.”

Based on the above, I cannot possibly believe that Philemon Daniel is born on or after 01.01.1991. It does not seem likely at all that a 12 year old plays in the Nigeria Premier League in 2005.

Lol,this is bate,the coach should be sacked, how stupid and desperate are Nigerians that they would go this far in a youth competiton?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You folks might be right, but if your argument is based on rumours and website age postings, you have already lost and just wasting your collective times.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

Lol,this is bate,the coach should be sacked, how stupid and desperate are Nigerians that they would go this far in a youth competiton?
From what I am hearing, Daniel must be the oldest "youth" player to play for Nigeria.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well who wants to guess gyan's age?

but if these players dey lie make them fire them
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

With all due respect quit with this stupid tagging. I am in no way supportive or responsible for Obuh's actions!! Quit with putting all Nigerians in a group!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If this is tru then the said players need to be decamped.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Lou The Blue
Egg
Egg

Post by Lou The Blue »

What needs to happen is for NFF to develop a database containing information like names, date of birth and make the list public.

It's the only way to rid of age-cheats.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nigerian football has been compromised like its economy, every ill you see in the economy, you see it in the football, compare both and you will be astonished about your findings, age cheating has never helped Nigeria suceed in football, so why do it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Lou The Blue
Egg
Egg

Post by Lou The Blue »

marko wrote:age cheating has never helped Nigeria suceed in football, so why do it
Nigeria, AYC Champions: 1985,1987, 1999, 2005 :thumbs:

I'm kidding!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lou The Blue wrote:
marko wrote:age cheating has never helped Nigeria suceed in football, so why do it
Nigeria, AYC Champions: 1985,1987, 1999, 2005 :thumbs:

I'm kidding!
I am only interested in the senior world cup, have no time for these youth competitions!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

If this is true, FIFA needs to do the right thing, and hand it to us. We will deserve it, deserve the humility!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

ohenhen1 wrote:You folks might be right, but if your argument is based on rumours and website age postings, you have already lost and just wasting your collective times.
Exactly .. the only strong case he makes is for Mackson Ojobo, who would have been 14-15 when he started playing, something very improbable.
http://en.dzfoot.com
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Lolly,

Thank you for a very well reasoned and researched post. Unlike some, you did not simply yell fire where there is no evidence of smoke but carefully catalogued the cogent reasons for your suspicions. Age cheating is a serious problem for our football, and where we have doubts about our players this is the type of information that needs to come to the forefront.

Having said that, I must agree with Ohenehen. Pointing to age discrepancies on club websties alone is cause for suspicion but not proof as there is always the possiblity of error on the site - particularly since we don't know where some of those sites are getting their dates from. Thus in the case of Chid Osuchukwu and Uche Nwafor I'm not sure if the evidence presented is compelling enough to be sure that they are cheats. Does it raise doubt and suspicion? Yes. Absolutely. And you are right to bring this to our attention. However, in Nigeria the importance of getting the little details right is not sacrosanct, so one cannot be sure that it is not simply an error. Even if it isn't, those lads will stick to that story and there is no way to prove otherwise.

More compelling is the case that you have made against the trio of Philemon Daniel, Godwin Onduku and Mackson Ojobo. By placing them at certain dates in time in addition to discrepancies of dates of birth I think that there is strong reason to believe that they are cheats. Hopefully somebody is paying attention and something will be done about this. There should be no more folding of our arms while shortsighted buffoons continue to kill our football and sully the good name of Nigeria.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lou The Blue wrote:What needs to happen is for NFF to develop a database containing information like names, date of birth and make the list public.

It's the only way to rid of age-cheats.
That's apparently not the Nigerian way... :oops:

For example, when the Gomo Onduku dude reportedly went to the U19 youth tournament in Norway in 2005, did he not go with an official passport? Exactly how difficult is it to verify the birthdate listed on said passport? Would the Norwegian organizers of said competition not have and keep records of participants submitted by competing teams? Unfortunately, much of Nigerian public discourse tends to shed more heat than light.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I know the NFF have a U13 program now, and the require players to bring in birth certificates, school records and a parent to verify the age of he players at U17. What we need are school records, the problem is we are not a society that is good at keeping records.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Dr Cristao wrote: Gbenga Arokoyo .
Which kain name be this sef.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I need to go and apply for this U-20 team.

x
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Considering that I'm still under 20, the u-17 looks like a good move right now.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

General Trousers wrote:I need to go and apply for this U-20 team.

x
You do realize that outside of cheating or no cheating, there is still s basic talent requirement, right? :taunt: