NFA MADE A GREAT MISTAKE SACKING ONIGBINDE...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

nah i think this post is pushing it...C3 is bad, but Pa onni was wosre...But on the whole they are all bad...are the no young Nigerians out there who studied coachin g in America or soemthing who can coach our U-23 for now aand then our senior team in a few years...or even better the new coach can graduate with the presnet U-23 to senior level...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Onigninde was a gentleman and a man with integrity.

I'll take this any day over someone like CCC!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
azuka

Post by azuka »

NFA MADE A GREAT MISTAKE SACKING ONIGBINDE...
Abeg gimme a break.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

No they didn't. One dead bit for another will not solve our problem
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Yemster:

Pa Oni publicly stated there was no need to study his
opponents and that they should worry about him.
In fact, his comment was much worse than CCC's.

Having said that, at this point, there is precious little to choose
between Onigbinde and CCC in terms of results. Both had
decent runs prior to the big tournament but failed to produce
on game day.

...though CCC still has a chance for corrective action.
Unfortunatley, Onigbinde wasn't given that chance.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

1. Oni was NEVER sacked by the NFA. His TOR was the WC. He refused NFA's conditions and never applied for the job after that. Let's get these facts straight first b/4 crucifixion.

2. There are too many sweeping generalisations here. On what basis is Amoudu better than Oni?: Last I read, Oni took IICC back to the premier league whilst Amoudu could not do same with Sharks. Oni has silver from ANC whilst Amoudu has bronze. If there are other criteria used to compare both I'd like to read about it, not just degree of insults thrown.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

platinum wrote:CCC is worse than pa oni who was worse than amodu. Point is we cant keep cutting corners and expecting succeed. CCC should never have been hired in the first place. The fact that Kenya went on the upward incline after throwing him out is enough justification. Continuity doesnt count for spit when u know nothing. the only continuity u get is what we see - woeful performances!
The anger here is more at the performance than at the loss. O,how i wish this tourney was being held in Lagos, CCC and the FA officials would have gotten the jungle justice they deserve on the spot! :evil: :x
Our first match in Mali was not better than yesterday's tie.Infact all our last WC games were well above average bearing in mind that we were in a tough group where Argentina could not even make the second round.If our last nations cup team had gone to the WC,we would have surpassed the record of El Savador of 1982.The point is Mali 2002 was a disaster. Now,how do you mean that Amodu was better than Pa Igbin?
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:"Continuity" my arse - as in CONTINUE to delude yourselves that Chukwu and Onigbinde are actually coaches, not crooked businessmen.
....as opposed to Westerhoff who was given FIVE YEARS?!
Because he was white and our people are still afraid of white folks.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:"Continuity" my arse - as in CONTINUE to delude yourselves that Chukwu and Onigbinde are actually coaches, not crooked businessmen.
....as opposed to Westerhoff who was given FIVE YEARS?!

Ppl like you Gotti keep talking about Westerhof having 5 years to build his team but you forget that within 3 months he took over he won the ANC silver. What's CCC going to win after over a year?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote: Ppl like you Gotti keep talking about Westerhof having 5 years to build his team but you forget that within 3 months he took over he won the ANC silver.
ANNOINTED:
Do you mean after he lost the opening game of that ANC?!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote: Ppl like you Gotti keep talking about Westerhof having 5 years to build his team but you forget that within 3 months he took over he won the ANC silver.
ANNOINTED:
Yes, but that was within three months which is way less than the 19 months Chukwu had and certainly with inferior quality personnel than Chukwu. And also definitely not fuulishly repeating his mistakes like Chukwu is doing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Chukwu shocked me with that formation . It was imaginative and bold. Only thing- as he later said- is that it underestimated morocco's quality. If anything, that formation proved to me that he's not the clueless, small-minded coach who only knows 4-4-2 that some would have us believe. If anything I have more confidence in him now than I did before the game. hope it all comes good for the Eagles
Last edited by so__so_scandalous on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

"How can you not study your oponents before preparing against them?..that's football 101. "

The honorable Baxter himself didn't concern himself with his opponents either, and I haven't heard anyone call C3's training methods "archaic." 8)
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

so__so_scandalous wrote:Chukwu shocked me with that formation . It was imaginative and bold. Only thing- as he later said- is that it underestimated morocco's quality. If anything, that formation proved to me that he's not the clueless, small-minded coach who only knows 4-4-2 that some would have us believe. If anything I have more confidence in him now than I did before the game. hope it all comes good for the Eagles
why are you wasting valuable cyber-space
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

lets not forgoet that pa Oni gave most of these players their first world cup experience. He took bunch of rookies to the WC and he only took over nearly 3 months as a coach. If we gat a easy group like we gat in 1998, we could have qualify, but we gat a group of death. Argentina that was tips to win the cup didnot even qualify. Pa Oni tried his best but we need a FC now.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

omotori,

My not belonging to the short-sighted overreacting caucus that you are a pert of doesn't mean I am a waste of cyber-space. If Agali had put away that easy chance in the dying minutes, Chukwu would have been a hero in your eyes. Fair weather people like you belong in a wardrobe with all the other cockroaches of life
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote: Yes, but that was within three months which is way less than the 19 months Chukwu had and certainly with inferior quality personnel than Chukwu. And also definitely not fuulishly repeating his mistakes like Chukwu is doing.
YEMSTER:
....at best, irrelevant sophistry that does not compare like with like. Because, unless you are suggesting that CAF should have moved the ANC to within 3 months of Chukwu's appointment, I fail to see how anyone can judge their ANC performances within the same time frame.

Is Onigbinde better coach than Westerhoff (or more deserving of a longer tenure -- which is really what this thread is about) simply because he coached Nigeria in the World Cup within a few months of his appointment, a "feat" that took Westerhoff five years to achieve. Or is Amodu more deserving because he qualified Nigeria for the World Cup finals within a couple of months of his appointment, a feat that took Westerhoff five years to achieve (after bungling his initial attempt in 1989).

Btw, wasn't Westerhoff appointed Nigerian national team coach in July or August 1989 (he was definitely around by the time that the Eagles faced Cameroun in 1989 for the WC '90 qualifier)? Only under that peculiar Nigerian Math (conveniently mallable for polemic purposes) is July/Aug 1989-March 1990 considered "within three months"!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YEMSTER:
....your time frame comparison (even though it was based on a factually-incorrect premise) is akin to favorably comparing Chukwu's results within that time period with Westerhoff's -- substantively, a largely MEANINGLESS comparison when one involves meaningless friendlies and the other WC qualifiers. You have to compare like to like, and not just draw substantively irrelevant timelines.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Backstabber Onigbinde is the greatest coach ever. There! Can we now move on to discussing real football?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Gotti wrote:YEMSTER:
You have to compare like to like, and not just draw substantively irrelevant timelines.
So sir, can I submit that you shouldn't compare Westerhoff - a journeyman coach - with a couple of crooked businessmen.
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Oni was the they will rue this mistake for a long time to come
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

Oni was not the mistake!! not hiring a foreign coach or robson was the mistake!! no be foriegn coaches we de help other teams and help them play better ball than we are doing wit ccc and his usless tactics/??? :evil:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

Gotti wrote:
ANNOINTED:
Omo difference here is Westerhoff has football brains! CCC does not! westerhoff adjusted and made a move ccc... well lets see!!!