Jamil Mohammed out of U20 WC - Injury

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Jamil Mohammed out of U20 WC - Injury

Post by Otitokoro »

Not sure if I should be happy or sad (i.e. him being out of the team vs him being injured)...
Either way, this fella was by far and away, one of the absolute worst Nigerians on display in both matches.

SOURCE
Injury rules out Flying Eagles’ Jamil Muhammad from Fifa U20 World Cup
Kolade Oni
Correspondent

The Nigeria U20 side has suffered a major blow with the injury to their star midfielder just before the important game against Ukraine

The Flying Eagles preparation for their final group stage tie against Ukraine received a serious setback with Jamil Muhammad being ruled out of the 2019 Fifa U20 World Cup in Poland.

Muhammad sustained an injury when Nigeria lost to the United States in their second group game.

He was unable to train on Tuesday and Wednesday before the team doctor confirmed that the midfielder won’t be able to take further part in the Flying Eagles campaign.

“Midfielder Jamil Muhammad is out for the rest of the tournament after sustaining an injury in the game against the United States,” the official media office of the team disclosed.

“He took part in our games with Qatar and the United States but he got injured before the second game even though he managed to end it. The team doctor has examined him and it was decided that he stayed out of the rest of the team's matches in Poland."

The media office of the Flying Eagles also gave an update on the situation of Rabiu Muhammad who received a knock in the 2-0 loss to the USA on Monday in Bielsko-Biala Stadium.

“Rabiu Muhammad also got knock in the United States game but he was fit enough to partake in Tuesday and Wednesday’s sessions without problems.”

The Flying Eagles are second in Group D with three points and need a positive result against Ukraine to progress to the next round.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Jamil Mohammed out of U20 WC - Injury

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wish him a speedy recovery. I dont know why the coach dropped the guy from Afcon. I think his name was Arewa. Arewa was good. Now we have no midfielder shielding the backline.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I also dont know why he dropped the right back from Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I feel for the boy but he has been very poor. A poorer version of Azubike. They are both very slow to make decisions of what to do with the ball and his first touch is atrocious. I have a strong feeling that the guy who replaces him can't be as bad. But lets see.

If we lose, we must keep the margin low and hope that Panama do not beat Saudi Arabia. And that Norway and Honduras if either wins do not match or better our goal difference.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ozonwafor is also out for this game with a groin injury.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mystic wrote:Ozonwafor is also out for this game with a groin injury.
Those Americans really worked us hard. :lol: I can't remember a team of players being outplayed, outran and overwhelmed like they did to us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."