Igho Ogbu and Tijani

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
Igho Ogbu and Tijani

Post by ahidjo2 »

Can somebody explain to me why this guy is not starting for Nigeria? During the African tournament, he was, to me, the better of the 2 central defenders. Today, he was brilliant at the back. Why is our best central defender not pairing Ozonwafor in the defense? Again, I ask why is Tijani wearing the national team jersey. I have never seen a lousy player like that play for Nigeria. He must have one heck of a super god-father.
Last edited by ahidjo2 on Fri May 31, 2019 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Igho Ogbu and Tijani

Post by olu »

Ogbu missed the first game cause of an injury.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Also why is Utin the captain? It seems to me someone more energetic and dynamic should wear the armband like Ogbu or Effiong. The team look lost out there like it has no leader.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

olu wrote:Ogbu missed the first game cause of an injury.
Second game?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Igho missed both games due to injury (not match fit for the 2nd game). Nonetheless, Kid was immense today!

I had previously stated (after the first game) that the Tijani guy (#9), Mohamed (#15) and Zulikilfu (#2) were by far the most unintelligent players I have seen donning the G/W jersey in quite a while. We all saw how smoother the midfield of Okon, Michael and Oforboh operated today. Much more intelligent play between them. Thankfully, the #15 is done for the tournament.

For the next match and if Ozoronwafor regains match fitness, Paul Aigbogun will be well advised to go with a back four of Salawudeen, Igho, Valentine and Utin and drop that #2.
ahidjo2 wrote:Can somebody explain to me why this guy is not starting for Nigeria? During the African tournament, he was, to me, the better of the 2 central defenders. Today, he was brilliant at the back. Why is our best central defender not pairing Ozonwafor in the defense? Again, I ask why is Tijani wearing the national team jersey. I have never seen a lousy player like that play for Nigeria. He must have one heck of a super god-father.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tijani needs to be sent home. The guy is the worst striker that has ever played for Nigeria. That Emeka kid needs to start in place of him. He cant be any worse.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

bret- hart wrote:Tijani needs to be sent home. The guy is the worst striker that has ever played for Nigeria. That Emeka kid needs to start in place of him. He cant be any worse.
Akor is actually much worse than him. Strikers looking for teammates to pass to inside the 18 instead of trying to shoot are quite frustrating to watch.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oscar52 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Tijani needs to be sent home. The guy is the worst striker that has ever played for Nigeria. That Emeka kid needs to start in place of him. He cant be any worse.
Akor is actually much worse than him. Strikers looking for teammates to pass to inside the 18 instead of trying to shoot are quite frustrating to watch.
Maybe they don't want to be accused of being selfish! :lol:
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oscar52 wrote:
I beg to differ. At least Akor holds the ball better and hustles defenders. Tijani looks like he doesn't belong there. And I can understand after looking at his CV.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What's the verdict on Kingsley Michael?
Some of our resident experts here on CE have been saying for a while now that he is ready for the SE.
I've not seen enough of the team to have an opinion.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He has good potential not ready for the senior team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oscar52 wrote:
Lol. I noticed that as well.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damunk wrote:What's the verdict on Kingsley Michael?
Some of our resident experts here on CE have been saying for a while now that he is ready for the SE.
One of the few that looks within u20. Promising player but still far from SE material.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents wan tear shirt!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

He struggles way too much, and makes poor decisions. He seems to be trying too hard. He has good potential though. I see the same with the Salawudeen guy as well. Too much gragra in a game that is supposed to be kept simple.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
One of the few that looks within u20. Promising player but still far from SE material.
Talking about SE material....
I don't think there would have been anything to gain had Chukwueze opted to join this U20 team.
In fact, if Osimhen had been born three days later than he was, he would also have been eligible to play in this tournament. But to what end?
As far as I can see, the only gain would be to give us fans a lift in the short term. Long term, their goals have already been achieved as they are now part of the full SE set-up.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Once a player plays for Senior team or established player at his club. He should never go back to the youth team

donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe the flying eagles were playing against good teams? Ukraine’s defense was very well organized and having already qualified they had no pressure to come hard at us and leave spaces at the bank. Our teams often grow into tournaments so let’s be happy they qualified and see what happens in the next round
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

donadoni wrote:Has anyone considered the fact that maybe the flying eagles were playing against good teams? Ukraine’s defense was very well organized and having already qualified they had no pressure to come hard at us and leave spaces at the bank. Our teams often grow into tournaments so let’s be happy they qualified and see what happens in the next round
Well, for me the issue has been their passing ability/accuracy and decision making, neither of which has anything to do with the opponent....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:
Really? I was not aware that some CEs were touting him for SE. Come, SE no be for everybody ooo! I am with both of you on this. This boy is okay at U20 but he is not SE material at the moment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Really? I was not aware that some CEs were touting him for SE. Come, SE no be for everybody ooo! I am with both of you on this. This boy is okay at U20 but he is not SE material at the moment.
You know our people get carried away and even if na secondary school level the player de shine, some people will say they are ready.
There is little appreciation of the huge leap from age-grade football and the professional game.
Even the transition from U20 level to senior grade nor be beans.

The USA U20 team only has ONE player that has graduated from their U17 team of two years ago according to Eurosport.

There were a few calls for K Michael to be invited because "he is ready", apparently.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:
The only CE "touting" Kingsley for SE is Vancity Eagle...
The lad does not even yet crack the starting lineup for the U23 team.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I refuse to believe T Mohammed is the best striker we have at U20 level. Agents have killed our football.