Super Eagles Legends share the dressing room again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Super Eagles Legends share the dressing room again

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Legends share the dressing room again

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

[/video]

Damn! What a speech! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I espectially like the part about when he said "for those below 30 years old, you may not understand this, but when you played for the Super Eagles, in Lagos, you had 30 thousand fans watching training. Training was like a real match. If you were going to put on the shirt on saturday, you had to fight for the shirt! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaiii!! Gone are the days! today, any tom d#$% or harry puts on the shirt and doesnt even give a hoot! They dont run, they dont press, they arent willing to put everything on the pitch! smh. I miss that football sha... :(
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:[/video]
Damn. I didn’t recognize Finidi. Are they sure that’s him? It’s been a while since I’ve last seen him. One of the most unsung top legends of the SEs.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

it brought joy to me, when I saw Finidi's face. What a legend!!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

green4life wrote:
Damn. I didn’t recognize Finidi. Are they sure that’s him? It’s been a while since I’ve last seen him. One of the most unsung top legends of the SEs.
My favourite Eagle. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Like Yekini said, "omo yen mo baalu".
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Up Finidi. He's kept himself well, away from the headache that is naija footie
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I saw this video with Kanu screaming "HALA" into the camera, and I said to myself ...I hope he it's not holla he's trying to say.

Even Brazil and Germany that won the WC during that era are not taking these misguided victory laps.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo those guys still have it. It's in their blood.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:I saw this video with Kanu screaming "HALA" into the camera, and I said to myself ...I hope he it's not holla he's trying to say.

Even Brazil and Germany that won the WC during that era are not taking these misguided victory laps.

Well they are not Germans
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ANC wrote:
1naija wrote:I saw this video with Kanu screaming "HALA" into the camera, and I said to myself ...I hope he it's not holla he's trying to say.

Well they are not Germans
Well, they needed to win WCs like Germans gaddemit.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Danfo, na you be the one with bia bia?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote:
haba....still the same confident smile. Baba LEGEND!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

I espectially like the part about when he said "for those below 30 years old, you may not understand this, but when you played for the Super Eagles, in Lagos, you had 30 thousand fans watching training. Training was like a real match. If you were going to put on the shirt on saturday, you had to fight for the shirt! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaiii!! Gone are the days! today, any tom d#$% or harry puts on the shirt and doesnt even give a hoot! They dont run, they dont press, they arent willing to put everything on the pitch! smh. I miss that football sha... :(
Very correct!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Danfo, na you be the one with bia bia?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i get bia bia, but e no white like that guy own. I still be young bobo. :D
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Lagos State needs to demolish both Stadiums in Lagos and build a nice modern 80k Stadium in Surulere or the Island and bring the Super Eagles back to their true home.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I heard this was put together by Waidi Akanni. They surely enjoyed themselves.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Hala is a Nigerian footballers lingo.. Meaning shout or simply I hail. It could have been derived from holla, but it has been around for so long any local footballer would have used the word in training... I believe if your pidgin English is strong enough you would have encountered the word 'hala' Phrases like... Oh boy as I me sef see na so I come Hala...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

[/video]
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Benedict Iroha wrote:[/video]
What a bunch of players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gone too soon - Oliha, Keshi, Okafor, Yekini.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lolly wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:[/video]
What a bunch of players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gone too soon - Oliha, Keshi, Okafor, Yekini.
:clap: :clap: RIP to those Legend,
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ALL VERY WELL AND GOOD, BUT...

...I can do without the horn that incessantly blares in videos from Africa. It can be distracting. As for the "match" itself, I'm surprised the players have become that slow even factoring their ages. But it was a very good idea by the organizers and shows that it's not all backwardness from the NFF. There should be more of this stuff.
Bell