Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14909
proclaimjesus02 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.


What if the team impresses? Are you willing to go?



:lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol:

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 30621
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:
What a nice retirement for Rohr; how many of us would kill to work in Africa in our 60s and get paid in dollars


Many more will kill to work in Europe in their 60s and get paid in dollars.

Rohr wouldn't get a paying gig in Europe. If Nigeria didn't come calling, he'd be in a rocking chair at a retirement home.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 30621
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:
What a nice retirement for Rohr; how many of us would kill to work in Africa in our 60s and get paid in dollars

Many more will kill to work in Europe in their 60s and get paid in dollars.

You must know some truly weird Africans... :lol:


There are plenty of them on CE who are happy earning dollars in obodo oyinbo. :taunt:

Better an honest dollar abroad than a wad of Naira notes from swindling the unsuspecting public. :tic:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 30621
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
theYemster wrote:

Personally instead of all these dribbling and passing, I'd prefer they just work on shooting, set pieces, free kicks, corner kicks, and heading.

My thoughts too.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 24217
Location: The Kingdom
cchinukw wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:
What a nice retirement for Rohr; how many of us would kill to work in Africa in our 60s and get paid in dollars

Many more will kill to work in Europe in their 60s and get paid in dollars.

You must know some truly weird Africans... :lol:


There are plenty of them on CE who are happy earning dollars in obodo oyinbo. :taunt:

Better an honest dollar abroad than a wad of Naira notes from swindling the unsuspecting public. :tic:


I guess according to an internet Nigerian like you, nobody is earning an honest Naira in Nigeria. Slave mentality.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 30621
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Lolly wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:
What a nice retirement for Rohr; how many of us would kill to work in Africa in our 60s and get paid in dollars

Many more will kill to work in Europe in their 60s and get paid in dollars.

You must know some truly weird Africans... :lol:


There are plenty of them on CE who are happy earning dollars in obodo oyinbo. :taunt:

Better an honest dollar abroad than a wad of Naira notes from swindling the unsuspecting public. :tic:


I guess according to an internet Nigerian like you, nobody is earning an honest Naira in Nigeria. Slave mentality.

Nama mentality is thinking there is something wrong with earning an honest dollar for Obodo Oyinbo. :P

You would rather a foreign coach get paid regularly and on a better scale than a local coach even when there is no evidence that the foreign coach offers better value. :boo:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49875
1naija wrote:
osita wrote:
Pinnick should try other pitches or improve on the asaba pitch. He has totally abandoned others pitches. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is planning to run for governorship or senate with asaba usage.



He should run for President. He has done well for Nigeria. He has turned what used to be the laughing stock of the world , the NFF, to a professional organization. :thumb:


Kai! You like to fain trouble sha. But ba true you tok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29414
cchinukw wrote:
Better an honest dollar abroad than a wad of Naira notes from swindling the unsuspecting public. :tic:

Is that why there's a LARGE population of Nigerians in Obodo Oyinbo jails?! :tic:

Obviously it's better to earn an "honest" dollar/naira/euro ANYWHERE in the world than stealing ANYWHERE in the world, so I honestly fail to get the tortured point you are straining to make here.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29414
Lolly wrote:
I guess according to an internet Nigerian like you, nobody is earning an honest Naira in Nigeria. Slave mentality.

Oh, is that the point he was straining to make (see above)? Silly indeed... :oops:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13702
Shehu's days as a SE are numbered.

According to own goal he is now 3rd in the pecking order for RB's with Aina locking down the top spot and Rohr preferring Awaziem as a backup.

Once Ebuehi is back Shehu will be forgotten.

Rohr said he now considers Shehu primarily a midfielder.

Shehu ain't good enough for SE midfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17240
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehu's days as a SE are numbered.

According to own goal he is now 3rd in the pecking order for RB's with Aina locking down the top spot and Rohr preferring Awaziem as a backup.

Once Ebuehi is back Shehu will be forgotten.

Rohr said he now considers Shehu primarily a midfielder.

Shehu ain't good enough for SE midfield.


Quote:
Eagles Training – Rohr Picks Aina As First Choice Right Back, Awaziem Ahead Of Shehu Abdullahi As Backup
June 13, 2019050
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/13/eagles-training-rohr-picks-aina-as-first-choice-right-back-awaziem-ahead-of-shehu-abdullahi-as-backup/


Torino new signing Ola Aina has stamped his authority as the first choice right full back of the senior national team of Nigeria ahead of the start of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Aina who was dropped from the Super Eagles squad to the World Cup in Russia a year ago has worked his way back to reckoning with a strong showing while on loan to Torino from Chelsea last season.

He carried his form to the Super Eagles and with Shehu Abdullahi excused from camp due to the Ramadan fast and Sallah celebration. The 23 year old has cemented his spot as first choice.

Aside the absence of Abdullahi in camp, he has showed almost same form that made him a regular at Torino with solid tackles, timely interventions and also confidence on and off the ball particularly when he ventures forward.

Coach Gernot Rohr experimented with Chidozie Awaziem against Zimbabwe in the Super Eagles last friendly game and he was impressed by the performance of the Porto defender who spent the second half of last season on loan to Rizespor.

Awaziem’s performance has further pushed Abdullahi down the pecking order as Rohr views him as a midfielder now than a full back even though he played in defence in the last training session of the team.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17240
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
Akpeyi favourite to man Super Eagles’ post in Egypt
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - June 13, 2019 200 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter
http://aoifootball.com/2019/06/13/akpeyi-favourite-to-man-super-eagles-post-in-egypt/


Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi might have just won the race to man the post for Nigeria at this summer AFCON in Egypt, AOIFootball.com can report.

Your authoritative football medium understands that the 32-year-old shot stopper has been the most impressive goalkeeper in camp and may now get his first chance of representing Nigeria at a major international tournament following backup roles at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Following his impressive display since the game against Zimbabwe and now in training in Ismailia, Daniel Akpeyi may have won Gernot Rohr’s heart to take the number one ahead of Francis Uzoho who struggled for playing time last season and was not too impressive in their 3-1 win over Seychelles in Asaba earlier in the year.

Rohr has previously stated that the position for who mans the Eagles post in Egypt remains open to all three goalkeepers with Akpeyi now moving up the ladder head of Uzoho and Ezenwa.

The former Nasarawa United goalkeeper has been a mainstay with the national team for quite a decade and was a member of the silver-winning team to the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Holland and also won bronze at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Brazil.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17240
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
_________________________________________________________
Read somewhere and I have searched and not able to re-locate the piece that claims Nigeria v Senegal friendly will be played behind closed doors. Can someone please confirm. Apparently if it is closed door then we may not be able to watch the game live.
_________________________________________________________

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9908
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehu's days as a SE are numbered.

According to own goal he is now 3rd in the pecking order for RB's with Aina locking down the top spot and Rohr preferring Awaziem as a backup.

Once Ebuehi is back Shehu will be forgotten.

Rohr said he now considers Shehu primarily a midfielder.

Shehu ain't good enough for SE midfield.



You sound like you are rejoicing. Anyway he is not good enough for SE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37525
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Una captain...


_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 38899
Location: UK
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Akpeyi favourite to man Super Eagles’ post in Egypt
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - June 13, 2019 200 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter
http://aoifootball.com/2019/06/13/akpeyi-favourite-to-man-super-eagles-post-in-egypt/


Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi might have just won the race to man the post for Nigeria at this summer AFCON in Egypt, AOIFootball.com can report.

Your authoritative football medium understands that the 32-year-old shot stopper has been the most impressive goalkeeper in camp and may now get his first chance of representing Nigeria at a major international tournament following backup roles at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Following his impressive display since the game against Zimbabwe and now in training in Ismailia, Daniel Akpeyi may have won Gernot Rohr’s heart to take the number one ahead of Francis Uzoho who struggled for playing time last season and was not too impressive in their 3-1 win over Seychelles in Asaba earlier in the year.

Rohr has previously stated that the position for who mans the Eagles post in Egypt remains open to all three goalkeepers with Akpeyi now moving up the ladder head of Uzoho and Ezenwa.

The former Nasarawa United goalkeeper has been a mainstay with the national team for quite a decade and was a member of the silver-winning team to the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Holland and also won bronze at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Brazil.
Something has always told me that maybe Akpeyi isn't as "useless" as we have always believed.
Granted, he has made some real bloopers in goal for Nigeria and they seem to overshadow anything positive he has done. His 'anxious' facial expression doesn't help either.
But he is not bribing the coach and not using juju, so there must be a reason he is consistently recalled to the SE.

I pray he regains that confidence and if Rohr thinks he is first choice, then so be it.
We need to wish him well.
The guy don suffer from Naija fans.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 38899
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
Una captain...

Love it, love it, love it!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
A true leader. God bless JMO.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13599
Location: South London
ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehu's days as a SE are numbered.

According to own goal he is now 3rd in the pecking order for RB's with Aina locking down the top spot and Rohr preferring Awaziem as a backup.

Once Ebuehi is back Shehu will be forgotten.

Rohr said he now considers Shehu primarily a midfielder.

Shehu ain't good enough for SE midfield.



You sound like you are rejoicing. Anyway he is not good enough for SE.

:rotf: So mourn or rejoice he’s done :clap:

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4800
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehu's days as a SE are numbered.

According to own goal he is now 3rd in the pecking order for RB's with Aina locking down the top spot and Rohr preferring Awaziem as a backup.

Once Ebuehi is back Shehu will be forgotten.

Rohr said he now considers Shehu primarily a midfielder.

Shehu ain't good enough for SE midfield.



You sound like you are rejoicing. Anyway he is not good enough for SE.


he is not good enough at right back position - seriously exposed at Wcup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6431
ANC wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.



seconded


According to Rohr the team is young


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4800
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Also heard the game against Senegal will be played behind closed doors

what is Rohr hiding now? or scared that eagles will seriously be exposed against Senegal??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 38899
Location: UK
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.



seconded


According to Rohr the team is young
Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team "is young".

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9289
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.



seconded


According to Rohr the team is young
Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team is young".

Excuse is loading :thumbs:

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mr Shows and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group