SE CAMP: How the 23 was announced.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE CAMP: How the 23 was announced.......

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: SE CAMP: Aina & Akpeyi in line for starting positions...

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
Form changes, maybe Akpeyi is in better form right now, Uzoho moved to Cyprus and his SE form has been poor in the qualifiers.
It wasn’t last season Akpeyi let the ball into the net from the half way line
SE form my guy...I don't like Akpeyi b/c of his shaking and scared demeanor but he's looked better recently than Uzoho for SE...I fancy the other goalie anyways, he did well against SA away.
Of course he is going to look good against Zimbabwe a team that didn’t attack the movement we face really strong than that stupid scared look on his face will return.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don’t know what form people are claiming Akpeyi is in I don’t know how he is getting rave reviews when the truth is his club are in 9th position in the South African league table. We are not taking a title chasing goal keeper from the SA league or a keeper that has take his team to the SA cup final. We are taking the same old wastepipe that can’t even stop a shot taken from the half way line.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:I don’t know what form people are claiming Akpeyi is in I don’t know how he is getting rave reviews when the truth is his club are in 9th position in the South African league table. We are not taking a title chasing goal keeper from the SA league or a keeper that has take his team to the SA cup final. We are taking the same old wastepipe that can’t even stop a shot taken from the half way line.
Shine your eye well well! The rave reviews started about 4 weeks ago. All of a sudden from nowhere!

kpa kam! alert don enter! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

danfo driver wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I don’t know what form people are claiming Akpeyi is in I don’t know how he is getting rave reviews when the truth is his club are in 9th position in the South African league table. We are not taking a title chasing goal keeper from the SA league or a keeper that has take his team to the SA cup final. We are taking the same old wastepipe that can’t even stop a shot taken from the half way line.
Shine your eye well well! The rave reviews started about 4 weeks ago. All of a sudden from nowhere!

kpa kam! alert don enter! :rotf: :rotf:
This coach has had 3 years with the team and in that time has done nothing to address the goalkeeping situation now we go into a tournament with a known major weakness and all people can say is support the team, Akpeyi’s form has improved his club coach gives props etc etc.

Rohr has had plenty of time to scout for a competent goal keeper that knows the rules of the game and won’t pick up the ball outside the 18 yard box. I think it time our voices are heard and all the blame rests with Rohr.

In the same vain he has done nothing to address the striker position ......considering Senegal have Mane and Egypt have Salah and we are parading Jude Ighalo striker from the second division in China ......are we really serious ????
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:This coach has had 3 years with the team and in that time has done nothing to address the goalkeeping situation now we go into a tournament with a known major weakness and all people can say is support the team, Akpeyi’s form has improved his club coach gives props etc etc.
This can hardly be said to be an analysis worth considering.
Its like saying a man has failed to get blood from stone due to incompetence. Rohr has invited FIVE keepers in the last one year alone. He even tried getting Enyeama back, una wan kill am.

Where are these keepers you say exist somewhere that he has not invited? If this is the best we have for now, it is the best we have. Finish. How many Coaches will even risk a 19-year-old rookie at the WC?
Just tell us what you think he should have done or where he should have looked or who he should have invited.
Where is this De Gea, Oblak or Courtois that you have hiding somewhere that he has not done enough to recruit?
Rohr has had plenty of time to scout for a competent goal keeper that knows the rules of the game and won’t pick up the ball outside the 18 yard box. I think it time our voices are heard and all the blame rests with Rohr.
You can have all the time in the world. If they don't exist, you won't find them. :idea:
In the same vain he has done nothing to address the striker position ......considering Senegal have Mane and Egypt have Salah and we are parading Jude Ighalo striker from the second division in China ......are we really serious ????
You are just frustrated at the lack of options, which is understandable but that shouldn't affect your logical faculties. I can ask you the exact same questions as I did the GK position.

Where are the Nigerian Sallahs and Manes that are hiding somewhere? On your playstation? Name them. Maybe he is the one expected to give birth to them, develop them and then play them in the SE. :roll:

He has tried in total about 10-12 strikers over the last year and that is not to mention the likes of Oyekuru, Osimhen, Onuachu, Chukwueze and Kalu who are all in the current squad as newbies.

So where are these strikers he has not gone out to look for?
Please answer the question and please be specific.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "