SE CAMP: How the 23 was announced.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: SE CAMP: Aina & Akpeyi in line for starting positions...

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
Form changes, maybe Akpeyi is in better form right now, Uzoho moved to Cyprus and his SE form has been poor in the qualifiers.
It wasn’t last season Akpeyi let the ball into the net from the half way line
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
highbury wrote:To be honest, it was not rocket science to see that Akpeyi was in contention to man the post for Nigeria in Egypt. He was the preferred starter in our recent friendly games.
He is better than Uzoho!
Rankadede! :D I see you have received alert! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Dang !! we sabi complain sha.... which keeper has anyone here found that has a track record that is better than the ones we have now i camp ?
Na so we see am o! Complaining is they do. In most countries with civilized fans they'll be looking at improving what they have while investing in new prospects for the future, which seems to be what Rohr is doing. Instead they rush to the internet and start complaining as if they know what they're talking about.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Akpeyi will cost us in goal. You heard it here first. No way we go a while tournament without his gafs. Rohr should have ended his SE career after the Atgentina friendly.
He is the best of the 3 goalkeepers. Until you find an Okala, or a Rufai or an Ike, he is our best goalkeeper!!

Even in the friendly game against Argentina, he was the better of the 2 goalkeepers despite the error.
Rankadede Sir! :D You too! Kpa-kam! E enter! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Akpeyi will cost us in goal. You heard it here first. No way we go a while tournament without his gafs. Rohr should have ended his SE career after the Atgentina friendly.
He is the best of the 3 goalkeepers. Until you find an Okala, or a Rufai or an Ike, he is our best goalkeeper!!

Even in the friendly game against Argentina, he was the better of the 2 goalkeepers despite the error.

Bros ..ya contribution to the issue of goalkeeper na to say dem don hammer ? You can do better than that , you be chief internet scout abeg tell us the 3 gems in goal kepping that egunje or lack of spotting is keeping out of the afcon team or better still tell us that the tree we have na im be the kaching... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:

Bros ..ya contribution to the issue of goalkeeper na to say dem don hammer ? You can do better than that , you be chief internet scout abeg tell us the 3 gems in goal kepping that egunje or lack of spotting is keeping out of the afcon team or better still tell us that the tree we have na im be the kaching... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
My brother, all of a sudden, over the last 2 months, we began to hear positive news about Akpeyi form journalists and Cybereagles members. The same Akpeyi who has been maligned for more than 5 years?

There are many possibilities:

1. Akpeyi had a body transplant?
2. Akpeyi went to TB Joshua and received deliverance
3. We all have been dreaming for 5 years and just woke up

or na

4. Kpa kam! :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Which is more plausible?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
Form changes, maybe Akpeyi is in better form right now, Uzoho moved to Cyprus and his SE form has been poor in the qualifiers.
It wasn’t last season Akpeyi let the ball into the net from the half way line
SE form my guy...I don't like Akpeyi b/c of his shaking and scared demeanor but he's looked better recently than Uzoho for SE...I fancy the other goalie anyways, he did well against SA away.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE CAMP: Rohr Explains why he dropped Semi & Kelechi....

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote: But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.
One even said that qualifying for the WC was all the experience they needed and they were not there "to learn" anything.

Of course, that statement was twisted completely out of context yet I am sure the same people expect the team to now show that experience they....'learnt'.... at the WC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So Rohr is not going to learn in this AFCON? I guess AFCON inexperience is the next excuse?
You can continue to make excuses on his behalf since it is really important for your personal happiness that he is made to look incompetent.

But just on the remote chance that you are trying to be objective, the 17 out of 23 players at the 2018 World cup that had NEVER played at a tournament before (Please pause and think about that for a moment: NEVER been to a tournament before, just like you and I :lol: ) NOW have tournament experience .
Yaaaaaay! Progress

(Correction: Those that survived the 2018 team now have tournament experience. Some still don't)

So you can continue to put fake words int Rohr's mouth since it gives you so much peace of mind. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Ok , I am still waiting for the great revelation in this tread that we have a hidden goalkeeper somewhere, if we no get can we just support the 3 we have in camp and stop slinging them abeg ?

...Socrates
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Ok , I am still waiting for the great revelation in this tread that we have a hidden goalkeeper somewhere, if we no get can we just support the 3 we have in camp and stop slinging them abeg ?
Let me join you on the queue 'jare.... :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Ok , I am still waiting for the great revelation in this tread that we have a hidden goalkeeper somewhere, if we no get can we just support the 3 we have in camp and stop slinging them abeg ?
Baba you go wait tired. You no know our people well well...It is a shame that we can't just support our players even coaches without insulting them, a damn shame if you as me...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Akpeyi is our #1 and plays this tournament without making one Gaf which leads to a goal, I will gladly leave this forum for at least a month.

I cant belive people suddenly think such a wastepipe who clearly has mental issues would be fit to play in this major tournament.

The guy has confidence issues, it is written all over his face.

So now because he has played a few games where we were not even tested at the back, people are comfortable with him leading the lines.

I would have thought we had a good chance of winning this thing, but with Akpeyi all bets are off the table.

I think he will never be called back again to SE after this tournament. Just watch.

There is a saying "give a man some rope he will hang himself"

Well Akpeyi will certainly hang himself alright.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

vancity eagle wrote:If Akpeyi is our #1 and plays this tournament without making one Gaf which leads to a goal, I will gladly leave this forum for at least a month.

I cant belive people suddenly think such a wastepipe who clearly has mental issues would be fit to play in this major tournament.

So now because he has played a few games where we were not even tested at the back, people are comfortable with him leading the lines.

I would have thought we had a good chance of winning this thing, but with Akpeyi all bets are off the table.

I think he will never be called back again to SE after this tournament. Just watch.

Please start packing.
You know you can't leave, so why the childish threats?
Remember how you did a 180 degrees turn with regards Musa?
You just love to blow!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

vancity eagle wrote:If Akpeyi is our #1 and plays this tournament without making one Gaf which leads to a goal, I will gladly leave this forum for at least a month.

So have you produced this keeper that is MARGINALLY better than the 3 we have in camp ? Pray tell us where this keeper is and then we can start arguing about baskets and mental cases

...Socrates
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Haha. Didn’t you say this in 2013 and you are still here despite our beat down on IVC. I for one do not believe you
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

So have you produced this keeper that is MARGINALLY better than the 3 we have in camp ? Pray tell us where this keeper is and then we can start arguing about baskets and mental cases

We should borrow one from the plantain boys :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team "is young".
Damunk,

Actually, this is not accurate. I am doing a story on this for ACL Sports comparing this squad with the three squads that won the AFCON for Nigeria. This squad, for my preliminary take (not finalized yet) is on the average older than the three that won the AFCOn. The youngest squad was the 1980 team. Also, by match experience, this squad is likely to be far more experienced than the three that won the AFCON.
Boss, Mikel did not claim that the team is "the youngest".
He said simply that the team "is young" and even went on to say that from his experience "26, 27" isabout the right age for the bulk of the players to be at, because "experience" is important.
He mentioned the 2013 team having more "experienced" players and mentioned Balogun and Omeruo as the experienced players in this squad.

Describing them as young in no way implies they are saying they are "too young" and they are definitely not saying tey are too young to win aything.
That is the agenda of the anti-Rohr group that twist everything he says into a negarive.

When the England manager Southgate described his squad as being "on a learning curve", nobody batted an eyelid. When Klopp said that Barcelona and Barcelona were favourites (over Liverpool) to win the CL, nobody accused him of being negative.
Rohr says essentially the same thing and suddenly he lacks ambition and is talking down the chances of his team
I actually think this team is more experienced than the 2013 team in both the age of the squad and average number of appearances but they have one thing that the the 1980, 1994, and 2013 team NEVER HAD -- they went to the World Cup and garnered experience that ought to count.
Exactly!!!!
But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.
One even said that qualifying for the WC was all the experience they needed and they were not there "to learn" anything.

Of course, that statement was twisted completely out of context yet I am sure the same people expect the team to now show that experience they....'learnt'.... at the WC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 94 team had players with Olympic, and multiple AFCON (medal winning) experience. On this team, I believe only Mikel and Musa have played at the AFCON. So there's that.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team "is young".
Damunk,

Actually, this is not accurate. I am doing a story on this for ACL Sports comparing this squad with the three squads that won the AFCON for Nigeria. This squad, for my preliminary take (not finalized yet) is on the average older than the three that won the AFCOn. The youngest squad was the 1980 team. Also, by match experience, this squad is likely to be far more experienced than the three that won the AFCON.
Boss, Mikel did not claim that the team is "the youngest".
He said simply that the team "is young" and even went on to say that from his experience "26, 27" isabout the right age for the bulk of the players to be at, because "experience" is important.
He mentioned the 2013 team having more "experienced" players and mentioned Balogun and Omeruo as the experienced players in this squad.

Describing them as young in no way implies they are saying they are "too young" and they are definitely not saying tey are too young to win aything.
That is the agenda of the anti-Rohr group that twist everything he says into a negarive.

When the England manager Southgate described his squad as being "on a learning curve", nobody batted an eyelid. When Klopp said that Barcelona and Barcelona were favourites (over Liverpool) to win the CL, nobody accused him of being negative.
Rohr says essentially the same thing and suddenly he lacks ambition and is talking down the chances of his team
I actually think this team is more experienced than the 2013 team in both the age of the squad and average number of appearances but they have one thing that the the 1980, 1994, and 2013 team NEVER HAD -- they went to the World Cup and garnered experience that ought to count.
Exactly!!!!
But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.

The 94 team had players with Olympic, and multiple AFCON (medal winning) experience. On this team, I believe only Mikel and Musa have played at the AFCON. So there's that.
theyemster,

I do not believe this team has substantive AFCON experience with just three players (Mikel, Musa, and Omeruo) having been to an AFCON. However, one would think that its WC experience is substantive which should be more telling than just an AFCON experience.

As for the 1994 team, that team had no substantive Olympic experience. What it did have was substantive AFCON experience.

Based on the above, I do not think that the SE lacks experience to achieve at the AFCON 2019.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

fabio wrote:
highbury wrote:To be honest, it was not rocket science to see that Akpeyi was in contention to man the post for Nigeria in Egypt. He was the preferred starter in our recent friendly games.
He is better than Uzoho!
All this from media reports Has the coach told you that Akpeyi is the starter?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:
theYemster wrote: The 94 team had players with Olympic, and multiple AFCON (medal winning) experience. On this team, I believe only Mikel and Musa have played at the AFCON. So there's that.
theyemster,

I do not believe this team has substantive AFCON experience with just three players (Mikel, Musa, and Omeruo) having been to an AFCON. However, one would think that its WC experience is substantive which should be more telling than just an AFCON experience.

As for the 1994 team, that team had no substantive Olympic experience. What it did have was substantive AFCON experience.

Based on the above, I do not think that the SE lacks experience to achieve at the AFCON 2019.
Didn't Yekini, Keshi, Eguavoen, Ezeugo, Nwanu and Siasia play in the Seoul 88 Olympics, though I think Nwanu only joined the 94 team for the world cup? They played three games at the Olympics (which at the time was full international not U23) though this current team played seven world cup matches. Additionally the 94 AFCON team had all but two starters (Okocha and Oliseh) who had prior AFCON experience, some as many as three. Anyways in this case, for the AFCON, I believe AFCON experience is more relevant than WC.

Also, going by the pic here, the 94 team players were much bigger physically which in order to play African footy, is generally a good thing. Not saying this team doesn't have the experience to excel at the AFCON, just saying I think the 94 team was generally more battle tested.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Based on past performances. Ezenwa was better than Akpeyi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »