SE CAMP: How the 23 was announced.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Re: SE CAMP: Aina & Akpeyi in line for starting positions...

Post by Paveman »

Is the team young? Look at the ages below, I really think that this is a very young squad (as a national team, a club team would be different) with a lot of potential. There are a good number that already have WC experience, and clearly the aim is to have a very strong team in 3 years time for the Qatar World Cup. Rohr, if nothing else, has been extremely consistent, and his team have an identity and a game plan. I really hope Naija do well so that Rohr will remain at least until 2022.

Uzoho (20)
Ezenwa (30)
Akpeyi (32)

Aina (22)
Awaziem (22)
Collins (24)
Troost (25)
Omeruo (25)
Shehu (26)
Balogun (30)

Ndidi (22)
Etebo (23)
Iwobi (23)
Ogu (31)
Mikel (32)

Osimhen (20)
Chukwueze (20)
Kalu (21)
Onyekuru (22)
Simon (23)
Onuachu (25)
Musa (26)
Ighalo (29)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Musa is 26?
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

ANC wrote:Musa is 26?
yes, born October 14, 1992
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

highbury wrote:To be honest, it was not rocket science to see that Akpeyi was in contention to man the post for Nigeria in Egypt. He was the preferred starter in our recent friendly games.
He is better than Uzoho!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE CAMP: Rohr Explains why he dropped Semi & Kelechi....

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:
oscar52 wrote:My own be say if this team fails to impress, Rohr has got to go.

seconded
According to Rohr the team is young
Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team is young".
Excuse is loading :thumbs:
You can tell that to JMO nah.
He is lying abi?
He should not be lying at his age. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:

seconded
Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team "is young".
Damunk,

Actually, this is not accurate. I am doing a story on this for ACL Sports comparing this squad with the three squads that won the AFCON for Nigeria. This squad, for my preliminary take (not finalized yet) is on the average older than the three that won the AFCOn. The youngest squad was the 1980 team. Also, by match experience, this squad is likely to be far more experienced than the three that won the AFCON.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:

seconded
Sorry, you somehow forgot to mention that Captain JMO reminded us several times in a 15min TV interview that the team "is young".
Damunk,

Actually, this is not accurate. I am doing a story on this for ACL Sports comparing this squad with the three squads that won the AFCON for Nigeria. This squad, for my preliminary take (not finalized yet) is on the average older than the three that won the AFCOn. The youngest squad was the 1980 team. Also, by match experience, this squad is likely to be far more experienced than the three that won the AFCON.
Boss, Mikel did not claim that the team is "the youngest".
He said simply that the team "is young" and even went on to say that from his experience "26, 27" is about the right age for the bulk of the players to be at, because "experience" is important.
He mentioned the 2013 team having more "experienced" players and mentioned Balogun and Omeruo as the experienced players in this squad. He actually said this team has a good blend of youth "and experience".

Describing them as young in no way implies he is saying they are "too young"; and they are definitely not saying the team is too young to win AFCON.
That is more the agenda of the anti-Rohr group that twists everything he says into a negative. Now JMO is saying similar they are hesitating whether or not to give him the same hairdryer treatment. :lol:

When the England manager Southgate described his squad as being "on a learning curve", nobody batted an eyelid. When Klopp said that Barcelona and Barcelona were favourites (over Liverpool) to win the CL, nobody accused him of being negative.
Rohr says essentially the same thing and suddenly he lacks ambition and is talking down the chances of his team
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:

seconded
Damunk,

He said simply that the team "is young" and even went on to say that from his experience "26, 27" isabout the right age for the bulk of the players to be at, because "experience" is important.
He mentioned the 2013 team having more "experienced" players and mentioned Balogun and Omeruo as the experienced players in this squad.

Describing them as young in no way implies they are saying they are "too young" and they are definitely not saying tey are too young to win aything.
That is the agenda of the anti-Rohr group that twist everything he says into a negarive.

When the England manager Southgate described his squad as being "on a learning curve", nobody batted an eyelid. When Klopp said that Barcelona and Barcelona were favourites (over Liverpool) to win the CL, nobody accused him of being negative.
Rohr says essentially the same thing and suddenly he lacks ambition and is talking down the chances of his team
I actually think this team is more experienced than the 2013 team in both the age of the squad and average number of appearances but they have one thing that the the 1980, 1994, and 2013 team NEVER HAD -- they went to the World Cup and garnered experience that ought to count.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i don't see this team winning the AFCON or making it past the RD of 16
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
ANC wrote:

seconded
Damunk,

He said simply that the team "is young" and even went on to say that from his experience "26, 27" isabout the right age for the bulk of the players to be at, because "experience" is important.
He mentioned the 2013 team having more "experienced" players and mentioned Balogun and Omeruo as the experienced players in this squad.

Describing them as young in no way implies they are saying they are "too young" and they are definitely not saying tey are too young to win aything.
That is the agenda of the anti-Rohr group that twist everything he says into a negarive.

I actually think this team is more experienced than the 2013 team in both the age of the squad and average number of appearances but they have one thing that the the 1980, 1994, and 2013 team NEVER HAD -- they went to the World Cup and garnered experience that ought to count.
Exactly!!!!
But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.
One even said that qualifying for the WC was all the experience they needed and they were not there "to learn" anything.

Of course, that statement was twisted completely out of context yet I am sure the same people expect the team to now show that experience they....'learnt'.... at the WC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Exactly!!!!
But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.
One even said that qualifying for the WC was all the experience they needed and they were not there "to learn" anything.

Of course, that statement was twisted completely out of context yet I am sure the same people expect the team to now show that experience they....'learnt'.... at the WC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That experience is valuable. In fact, experience would occur even if they had lost all three games.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Akpeyi will cost us in goal. You heard it here first. No way we go a while tournament without his gafs. Rohr should have ended his SE career after the Atgentina friendly.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The experience should have told Rohr to go in the hunt for a goalkeeper!!! But in selecting Akpeyi shows he hasn’t learnt anything from his experience and in fielding him it s going to be a case of I told you so.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:Akpeyi will cost us in goal. You heard it here first. No way we go a while tournament without his gafs. Rohr should have ended his SE career after the Atgentina friendly.
He is the best of the 3 goalkeepers. Until you find an Okala, or a Rufai or an Ike, he is our best goalkeeper!!

Even in the friendly game against Argentina, he was the better of the 2 goalkeepers despite the error.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Akpeyi will cost us in goal. You heard it here first. No way we go a while tournament without his gafs. Rohr should have ended his SE career after the Atgentina friendly.
He is the best of the 3 goalkeepers. Until you find an Okala, or a Rufai or an Ike, he is our best goalkeeper!!

Even in the friendly game against Argentina, he was the better of the 2 goalkeepers despite the error.
How was he the better of the two goalkeepers .... first goal he cause it by picking the ball up outside the 18 for th creek I’m he stood behind the ball and they played ball to the other side. All the goals conceded in the match was via Apkeyi yet you say he was the better keeper? The South African derby he let a goal with the shot coming from the half way line. No way is he better than the other two keepers
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:

How was he the better of the two goalkeepers .... first goal he cause it by picking the ball up outside the 18 for th creek I’m he stood behind the ball and they played ball to the other side. All the goals conceded in the match was via Apkeyi yet you say he was the better keeper? The South African derby he let a goal with the shot coming from the half way line. No way is he better than the other two keepers
Okay, so those are three high profile goofs he made, two in one match..
Are there any others that statistically make him more error prone than the average GK?
Are we simply recycling each others' prejudices here? :idea:

No-one has asked, but now we want to know what makes Akpeyi such a 'basket' he is accused of being.
Let's hear the case please. Abi all dis wan na feelings? :?

Kaizer Chiefs Coach Middendorp: Akpeyi Is A Top Class Goalkeeper
February 14, 2019 1:45 pm
Kaizer Chiefs head coach Ernst Middendorp has heaped plaudits on Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi following his performance for the club in last weekend’s Soweto Derby against Orlando Pirates, reports Completesports.com.
Akpeyi, 31, completed a one-and-a-half year move to the Amakhosi from fellow ABSA Premier League club, Chippa United during the winter transfer window.

He put up a solid showing in his debut for the club despite criticisms from some supporters over his signing.
https://www.completesports.com/middendo ... top-class/
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: But the Rohr haters do not believe there was any experience to gain (or "learn'') from attending the WC.

So Rohr is not going to learn in this AFCON? I guess AFCON inexperience is the next excuse?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
Form changes, maybe Akpeyi is in better form right now, Uzoho moved to Cyprus and his SE form has been poor in the qualifiers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Flex Swift wrote:If Rohr had confidence in Akpeyi why didn’t he play him at the World Cup? And why did he prefer a 19 year old with no first team football under his belt. Up until recently Akpeyi had never kept a clean he would concede no matter how useless the team we played
We all know the reason the so called recently married 19 years was called up.

He is FB and Tall. That was the criteria used. Those with inside knowledge of the team know this.

If it can be proven I am lying. I will leave CE for 1 month.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

fabio wrote:

He is FB and Tall. That was the criteria used. Those with inside knowledge of the team know this.

Whats FB?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ANC wrote:
fabio wrote:

Whats FB?
Foreign Based.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Dang !! we sabi complain sha.... which keeper has anyone here found that has a track record that is better than the ones we have now i camp ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates