Iheanacho world class goals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Iheanacho world class goals

Post by john12 »

Vs zambia
2) WORLDCLASS DIRECT FREEKICK
3) absolute screamer for us World class
4) absolute screamer again
5) world class vs Tottenham
6) world class vs Southampton

I made this collage of Iheanacho world class goals for us and his clubsides while he was inform and playing with confidence. This is to inform you guys that’s suggesting we drop him for some inexperienced backwater league players. We must understand that even World class strikers go in/out of form and we shouldn’t discard experienced players without edible replacement. Suggested replacements must be superior to incumbent players. A player like Iheanacho has failed at Leicester just like multiple world class strikers failed at that club. However, he has previously show his world class abilities for us, clubside and cannot just become a horrible player. If we’re to replace him, it must be for a WORLD CLASS player at WORLD CLASS league not BACKWATER LEAGUE players. Iheanacho needs a good psychological motivation and trainer that can get him to his due level because this goals showed in the aforementioned cannot scored by a nonsense player
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Iheanacho world class goals

Post by Mr Shows »

john12 wrote: Vs zambia
2) WORLDCLASS DIRECT FREEKICK
3) absolute screamer for us World class
4) absolute screamer again
5) world class vs Tottenham
6) world class vs Southampton

I made this collage of Iheanacho world class goals for us and his clubsides while he was inform and playing with confidence. This is to inform you guys that’s suggesting we drop him for some inexperienced backwater league players. We must understand that even World class strikers go in/out of form and we shouldn’t discard experienced players without edible replacement. Suggested replacements must be superior to incumbent players. A player like Iheanacho has failed at Leicester just like multiple world class strikers failed at that club. However, he has previously show his world class abilities for us, clubside and cannot just become a horrible player. If we’re to replace him, it must be for a WORLD CLASS player at WORLD CLASS league not BACKWATER LEAGUE players. Iheanacho needs a good psychological motivation and trainer that can get him to his due level because this goals showed in the aforementioned cannot scored by a nonsense player

You can't switch form off and on like a light switch.. You have to play your way out of a bad spell. Unfortunately if picked, Kele will likely take his poor form into the ANC. He just hasn't played enough games to get his head straight.

If he doesn't turn up against Zimbabwe he can effectively kiss his spot good bye.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I wholeheartedly disagree. While Iheanacho has been atrocious for club, he hasn’t been that bad for us lately. He was just Ok at World Cup and his last game against South Africa, he was OK. I’m not a fan of discarding proven experience players for inexperienced backwater players because it shows retrogression and it’s almost like starting afresh. For example if Iheanacho is competing against World class talents like Chukwueze, the latter should go but when his adversaries are players at small clubs, small leagues, IHEANACHO must be taking. Nacho needs to cut all these joking joking attitude at camp and concentrate on his game
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:I wholeheartedly disagree. While Iheanacho has been atrocious for club, he hasn’t been that bad for us lately. He was just Ok at World Cup and his last game against South Africa, he was OK. I’m not a fan of discarding proven experience players for inexperienced backwater players because it shows retrogression and it’s almost like starting afresh. For example if Iheanacho is competing against World class talents like Chukwueze, the latter should go but when his adversaries are players at small clubs, small leagues, IHEANACHO must be taking. Nacho needs to cut all these joking joking attitude at camp and concentrate on his game
That has got nothing to do with his game (performance). For all you know, it might be his way of diffusing tension.

Tbh, the stakes at national level are far too high for sentimental calls. The games are few and far between with little room for error. So selection should really be on players' current form and the team's current need. It is not the place to be building a player's confidence and if a 'backwater league' player is showing the form and the confidence, he should get the slot.
Finish.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes Doc it should be about current form but replacement must be of a better quality or we should use familiar faces. I mean, if clubsides or team don’t matter then why not just invite the top scorers at the previous NPL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

John, its just CE mentality, recency effect and new toy syndrome, we operate in extremes, a player starts showing some promise and he's immediately tagged world class, their form dips and the calls for such a 'useless player' to be discarded increases.

Luckily, Rohr doesn't operate that way, he values experience and I'm sure Kelechi knows how important this ANC is to his career and will keep his head down working hard in training and friendlies.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Yes Doc it should be about current form but replacement must be of a better quality or we should use familiar faces. I mean, if clubsides or team don’t matter then why not just invite the top scorers at the previous NPL
That goes without saying.
The issue is what they show in training, not what they did for the SE once upon a time. :idea:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I hope the likes of Chukwueze and onyekuru are watching this Iheanacho goals because as hyped as they’re praised now, these ruthless fans will deem them useless upon a few bad form.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I just don't see a scenario where Nacho gets to play much with a conservative coach like ROHR. Much of Naco's issues are are on the defensive end , he has a low work rate and is turnover prone. The likes of Osihmen and Onuachu are not only ruthless in front of goal but are very active defensively , it's gonna be tuff for Nacho but in the long run, a year or so, he'll come good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nacho should be competing against Ighalo for the top striking position and I know who I would drop.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ighalo played in every single friendly before the World Cup not a single goal. He played in our three World Cup games not a single goal. He is now older playing in a non competitive league yet gets a free ride to lead Nigeria attack. Nigeria is not winning jack if that bobo leads the attack
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How did nacho do in Russia 2018?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Hmmmmm....... I wonder how much I would win off the bookies if Ighalo were to get dropped? :dream:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi you make a Valid point. But, Onuachu and Osimhen are neither tested nor proven. They have shown that their capabilities of scoring at smaller leagues but do not have the experience of nacho. Trust me, experience is really valuable! I just had to remind people of nacho World class abilities
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Kongi you make a Valid point. But, Onuachu and Osimhen are neither tested nor proven. They have shown that their capabilities of scoring at smaller leagues but do not have the experience of nacho. Trust me, experience is really valuable! I just had to remind people of nacho World class abilities
I dont disagree with this position in principle, but experience isnt everything otherwise there would never be new, younger players displacing the established ones.

However, here is an interesting take on Nigeria's 2018 WC team from Arsene Wenger.
I never saw this interview before now...
Nigeria’s Kid Players Are Error Prone – Wenger
By Editor - June 22, 2018

https://footballlive.ng/nigerias-kid-pl ... ne-wenger/

Former Arsenal coach, Arsene Wenger has hinted that the Super Eagles conceded two ‘childish’ goals against Croatia simply because the Nigerian team is loaded with many inexperienced players, who he said are like kids.

While taking a general look at the possibility of any unexpected team pulling off a shock in becoming champions at Russia 2018, Wenger said it will take a squad of players with an average age of 28 to pull off such a feat, not youngsters.

As if to back Wenger’s verdict, two of Nigeria’s players under the age of 25, Oghenekaro Etebo and William Troost-Ekong were culpable the two goals Nigeria conceded against Croatia last weekend.

Wenger stated that the average age of World Cup winning teams is 28 years, which is 2.1 years more than Nigeria’s average age as the youngest squad in Russia.

The French gaffer stated further that successful teams must have experienced defenders in order to stand any chance of winning the global soccer diadem.

However, the average age of Nigeria’s ideal starting back four (Shehu, Balogun, Troost-Ekong and Idowu) is 26 years, with the Brighton newbie the oldest at 29 years.

France are the second youngest nation in the World Cup, with an average age of 26 years, just behind Nigeria, and Wenger was asked how much it will weigh on the results.

Wenger expatiated: “It’s a real handicap. When you look at the average age of the national teams that have won the World Cup, it’s still around 27-28 years old.

”After, it depends where there is the youth: when it is in attack, it is not a problem. When it’s behind, it’s a real problem. But our defenders are not inexperienced either.”

Ironically, while speaking in a separate forum, Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr admitted that nine of the players he named in the starting line-up were nervous playing their first World Cup match against Croatia last weekend, and this contributed to their loss to the Balkans.

The Eagles stars that started a World Cup game for the first time in their careers are : Francis Uzoho, Troost-Ekong, Leon Balogun, Abdullahi Shehu, Brian Idowu, Oghenekaro Etebo, Wilfred Ndidi, Alex Iwobi and Odion Ighalo.

Rohr disclosed: ”Nine out of the 11 players in the starting line-up against Croatia played their first World Cup match.

”Of course, nerves played a role there. But we worked on our set-pieces – both the offensive and the defensive ones. We know that we need to improve them.

”Our group is a tough one – the best in this World Cup, in my opinion. We should always keep that in mind. Croatia has one of the best midfields in the world.

”If you consider that, our organization wasn’t so bad. Croatia’s first goal was an own goal. Their first shot on target was in the 71st minute and it was a penalty. Therefore, we need to stay calm and focus on the next game.”
Hmmm. I realise the article doesn't say who Wenger was speaking to, where and when.
Could be fake news. Could simply be poor Nigerian journalism.

Who even knows? :roll:
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

The only reason Nacho makes the squad is because he's a different type of forward to the likes of Osimhen and Onachu - not all this talk about "backwater league" or what not. Dude has been poor for over two seasons now. Pep would rather play Sterling as a striker than him. He moves to Leicester and gets played in his "best" position as an SS and is still not able to establish himself. He didn't have a good WC as well. If he and Osimhen were similar stylistically - I'd pick Osihmen 10 times over. Nacho has no tournament pedigree or whatsoever at senior level for all this "backwater league" talk that's being used to defend him.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nigerians like to live in the past. Nacho has been poor the past 2 seasons. He hasn't scored for Nigeria since 2017 and only scored 1 goal for Leiscter this season. This is the guy you want to take to the AFCON meanwhile the likes of Oshimen are scoring goals for fun. We have a useless striker Misses Ighalo who for sure will make the 23 man team. We cant afford to take another deadweight. Nacho needs to get off Instagram and work on improving his game. The SEs is not a rehabilitation center.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

at the highest level, even minimal experience is valuable. 1,3 bad performance from this youngster could signal their end at SE we have seen it in the past with the likes of opabunmi, azeez, ogbeche, etc. All im saying is that experience and proven players are very very valuable. Most of this youngstars still have years to build their own experience and reputation and if they’re not guarded properly, SE career can end before it begins
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

john12 wrote:at the highest level, even minimal experience is valuable. 1,3 bad performance from this youngster could signal their end at SE we have seen it in the past with the likes of opabunmi, azeez, ogbeche, etc. All im saying is that experience and proven players are very very valuable. Most of this youngstars still have years to build their own experience and reputation and if they’re not guarded properly, SE career can end before it begins
Opabumni had eye problems that ended his carierr. Azeez is still young and can make a comeback if he plays well in La Liga next season. Ogbeche was a 1 hit wonder. After fooling everyone with that bysicle kick vs Paraguay, he was unable to replicate that form and JAG snached his shirt. AFCON is for inform players not guys living on past glory. Nacho can bounce back but the SEs and the AFCON is not the place to rehab his game.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.