FRANCE U-20 WOHWOH PASS OUR OWN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FRANCE U-20 WOHWOH PASS OUR OWN

Post by paj »

US dey score dem 3-2 :dream:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FRANCE U-20 WOHWOH PASS OUR OWN

Post by bret- hart »

Useless French sissys
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

France actually outplayed the US but football is a cruel game of chances!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

we defeated a bunch of pros :thumbs: :thumbs:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so US beating Nigeria, we no need cry then :tic:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The French team is actually one of the best in this tournament but they met their match today against a USA team missing two key players. Let guys keep sleeping on the USA with the obsolete views of how ISA is not a soccer playing nation. This USA team has to be respected for this technical and tactical ability.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ekorian wrote:France actually outplayed the US but football is a cruel game of chances!
Same as Nigeria “outplaying” Senegal?
Football comes down to taking your chances.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:The French team is actually one of the best in this tournament but they met their match today against a USA team missing two key players. Let guys keep sleeping on the USA with the obsolete views of how ISA is not a soccer playing nation. This USA team has to be respected for this technical and tactical ability.
...people said that pre 1994 world cup, and the years thereafter.
Even at the 2002 wc the shocked everyone.
What they lack in raw talent they compensate at serious training, good logistics, and grooming.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Gotti wrote:
Ekorian wrote:France actually outplayed the US but football is a cruel game of chances!
...yup, final 3rd killed us off.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

The entire 95min was played at very very very snail pace.
US slowed down the game to tortoise speed playing defensive, & stayed in their own half most of the 95min.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The French team is actually one of the best in this tournament but they met their match today against a USA team missing two key players. Let guys keep sleeping on the USA with the obsolete views of how ISA is not a soccer playing nation. This USA team has to be respected for this technical and tactical ability.
What they lack in raw talent they compensate at serious training, good logistics, and grooming.
mcal,

The USA has talented players ooo! That narrative of lacking raw talent just isn't true. I have a son who was part of the academy and there were kids with similar kinds of skill that you will find in Nigeria. Several are hispanic kids and those with parents from Africa. Several of these kids have been playing very early in their growth. To me, the establishment of the academy training program by Klinsmann is now churning out very good players. The test is 2026 at the WC which will be taking place in the USA. The USA team must be respected because I guarantee you that they are getting to the point where they are confident playing anyone -- Brazil, France, Argentina, you name them. They will be that confident. Those sleeping on them are simply not realizing that the narrative has LONG CHANGED.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Gotti wrote:
Say what?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:The entire 95min was played at very very very snail pace.
US slowed down the game to tortoise speed playing defensive, & stayed in their own half most of the 95min.
FIFA should just cancel the tournament; this is ridiculous.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal,

The USA has talented players ooo! That narrative of lacking raw talent just isn't true. I have a son who was part of the academy and there were kids with similar kinds of skill that you will find in Nigeria. Several are hispanic kids and those with parents from Africa. Several of these kids have been playing very early in their growth. To me, the establishment of the academy training program by Klinsmann is now churning out very good players. The test is 2026 at the WC which will be taking place in the USA. The USA team must be respected because I guarantee you that they are getting to the point where they are confident playing anyone -- Brazil, France, Argentina, you name them. They will be that confident. Those sleeping on them are simply not realizing that the narrative has LONG CHANGED.
Preach on Prof.

And no one will out-prepare them.

I think what TXJ proposed years ago will come to pass in the US... they will have Offensive coordinators, Midfield Coordinators and Defensive Coordinators pretty soon.

Ps., Do you read the Washington Post sports section? Nna, I weak when they give updates on "How the Yanks Abroad are doing". Didn't know they had that many pros playing outside the country.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

paj wrote:US dey score dem 3-2 :dream:
Of all the noises people made here about France, they lost to the USA. Hmm, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

mcal wrote:...so US beating Nigeria, we no need cry then :tic:

Please, go tell dis 2 airwolex!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Eem dey misyarn.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

So can we conclude that the French teams are unorganized, badly coached, and their FA incompetent?
Whenever a Naija team loses, many here are quick to rubbish the team and all concerned without acknowledging
that we are in competition with the opposition. We tend to unrealistically believe that things should go our way every
time.
The only thing I expect from my team is to 'show up' and be competitive. Winning is just the icing.
The FE tried and lost, and we just need to sharpen our preparations for the next contest.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Say no more.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

The French team should have walked off the field in the 1st half.
FIFA should just cancel the tournament; this is ridiculous.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal,

Preach on Prof.

I think what TXJ proposed years ago will come to pass in the US... they will have Offensive coordinators, Midfield Coordinators and Defensive Coordinators pretty soon.

Ps., Do you read the Washington Post sports section? Nna, I weak when they give updates on "How the Yanks Abroad are doing". Didn't know they had that many pros playing outside the country.
Cell,

Yea, there are several youngsters overseas looking to break through. IMHO, USA is at the brink of becoming one of the major soccer nations. Consider the huge number of kids who are participating in youth soccer on an annual basis, the academy program, and the regular short-term camps set up for various age groups. The point is that they have a plan and they are dedicated to it and there is a huge pool of talented players developing.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal,

I keep telling people this. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
mcal,

Preach on Prof.

Cell,

Yea, there are several youngsters overseas looking to break through. IMHO, USA is at the brink of becoming one of the major soccer nations. Consider the huge number of kids who are participating in youth soccer on an annual basis, the academy program, and the regular short-term camps set up for various age groups. The point is that they have a plan and they are dedicated to it and there is a huge pool of talented players developing.
As a very close follower of the entire US teams (team with an "S"), that statement is not true.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote:So can we conclude that the French teams are unorganized, badly coached, and their FA incompetent?
Whenever a Naija team loses, many here are quick to rubbish the team and all concerned without acknowledging
that we are in competition with the opposition. We tend to unrealistically believe that things should go our way every
time.
The only thing I expect from my team is to 'show up' and be competitive. Winning is just the icing.
The FE tried and lost, and we just need to sharpen our preparations for the next contest.
The French team was actually the better team today but USA was no slouch either. The point is that Nigeria played poorly in several games and it was clear. Most of the domination that people attribute to our U20 came when other teams were simply attempting to protect their lead or advantage and not before. That context matters. BTW, I watched USA lose to Ukraine and the result just did not do justice to how USA outplayed the Ukrainians. That game should have been at least 2-0 to the USA but soccer results can be cruel, as someone already pointed out.