Captain Obi Mikel to be clubless at AFCON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Captain Obi Mikel to be clubless at AFCON?

Post by Rawlings »

The Nigeria international has not been offered a new deal following the expiry of his contract with the Smoggies
Championship side Middlesbrough have confirmed the departure of John Obi Mikel from the Riverside Stadium.

The Super Eagles captain signed a short-term deal with the Smoggies in January after leaving Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda.

The 32-year-old impressed during his short stay with the side and made 18 appearances, helping Boro to keep seven clean sheets, and scoring once.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/middlesbro ... yc9fu4580o
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Captain Obi Mikel to be clubless at AFCON?

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Rawlings wrote:The Nigeria international has not been offered a new deal following the expiry of his contract with the Smoggies
Championship side Middlesbrough have confirmed the departure of John Obi Mikel from the Riverside Stadium.

The Super Eagles captain signed a short-term deal with the Smoggies in January after leaving Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda.

The 32-year-old impressed during his short stay with the side and made 18 appearances, helping Boro to keep seven clean sheets, and scoring once.

I was about to bring that up. I was thinking he could go to China. But then I realized he is a China has-been. Maybe the backwaters of Turkey. Let us hope he hasn't plied his trade there. If all else fails, he could try (Ibadan shooting stars, Abiola babes, Bendel Insurance...heard these club names in H.S) or Enyimba as a last resort. As they say , east or west home is best!! He could retire in Niger and watch his grandkids play.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
Rawlings wrote:The Nigeria international has not been offered a new deal following the expiry of his contract with the Smoggies

I was about to bring that up. I was thinking he could go to China. But then I realized he is a China has-been. Maybe the backwaters of Turkey. Let us hope he hasn't plied his trade there. If all else fails, he could try (Ibadan shooting stars, Abiola babes, Bendel Insurance...heard these club names in H.S) or Enyimba as a last resort. As they say , east or west home is best!! He could retire in Niger and watch his grandkids play.
Somebody is actually lamenting about Denis Oliech :taunt:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:

what about Kakamega Homeboyz?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Why am I not surprised; 2 trolls from 2 non-factor-nations in world football vying for attention
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jette1 wrote:Why am I not surprised; 2 trolls from 2 non-factor-nations in world football vying for attention
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:

I take that's all said in jest?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

jette1 wrote:Why am I not surprised; 2 trolls from 2 non-factor-nations in world football vying for attention
Yet a clubless guy will lead a team to a 3, 4 -0 lashing over their respective nations, who have "club fit" guys...Shame on them,...
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Has Gyan ever lifted a trophy for Ghana? last time I checked the Azonto dancer has a restraining order from taking PK's for the national..I must admit though the way he twerks his way to the penalty spot before hoofing it towards Dubai is epic... 8-)
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

paj wrote:Has Gyan ever lifted a trophy for Ghana? last time I checked the Azonto dancer has a restraining order from taking PK's for the national..I must admit though the way he twerks his way to the penalty spot before hoofing it towards Dubai is epic... 8-)
His penalty miss vs Ayiegbeni's in RSA. The miss that shook the continent to the core!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

paj wrote:Has Gyan ever lifted a trophy for Ghana? last time I checked the Azonto dancer has a restraining order from taking PK's for the national..I must admit though the way he twerks his way to the penalty spot before hoofing it towards Dubai is epic... 8-)
Gyan is a rapper. Leave him out of this
[/video]
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rawlings wrote:
Gyan is a rapper. Leave him out of this
[/video]
Obi Mikel will probably go back home to Abuja. No takers so far.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
Obi Mikel will probably go back home to Abuja. No takers so far.
Naija is too dangerous for him....
He has a British passport