QUICK QUESTION PLEASE: World Cup 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EagleEye
Egg
Egg
QUICK QUESTION PLEASE: World Cup 2018

Post by EagleEye »

Please does anyone know why The Super Eagles wore away kit against Argentina, when in fact they should have worn the home kit?

Thanks a lot!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: QUICK QUESTION PLEASE: World Cup 2018

Post by Sir V »

EagleEye wrote:Please does anyone know why The Super Eagles wore away kit against Argentina, when in fact they should have worn the home kit?

Thanks a lot!
Which one is the away kit?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Sir V wrote:
EagleEye wrote:Please does anyone know why The Super Eagles wore away kit against Argentina, when in fact they should have worn the home kit?

Thanks a lot!
Which one is the away kit?
The dark green jersey......... Is it possible they were the away team for that game?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

There are many Attention seeking cross dressers here
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

To be honest, I've been asking same question. The home jersy made us stood out in the world cup.
And then first game we wore the away jersey and lost. Second game we wore the home Jersey and won. Then final group game we went back to the away jersey when clearly we are the home team.

NB: I'm not saying we lost due to the Jersey, but why did use away jersey when clearly we were the home team.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I have a feeling it was about the relative contrast in colours.
The light blue & white of Argentina vs the light green and white of Naija probably didn’t offer enough contrast.
If Argentina was designated the ‘home’ team for the tie, they would have got first option and obviously chose their traditional home jersey.

If it were a ‘home’ country that had a naturally contrasting colour to ours (eg Red, blue, orange etc) we’d choose whichever colour we like.

That’s my take.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Damunk wrote:I have a feeling it was about the relative contrast in colours.
The light blue & white of Argentina vs the light green and white of Naija probably didn’t offer enough contrast.
If Argentina was designated the ‘home’ team for the tie, they would have got first option and obviously chose their traditional home jersey.

If it were a ‘home’ country that had a naturally contrasting colour to ours (eg Red, blue, orange etc) we’d choose whichever colour we like.

That’s my take.
Actually we were listed as the home team. Argentina should be the ones to switch to a different colour.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and what difference does it make?
Some people still smarting since 2018 over a uniform.
Person him house dey burn him dey busy dey chase rat :shock: :shock: :sad:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote:
Damunk wrote:I have a feeling it was about the relative contrast in colours.

That’s my take.
Actually we were listed as the home team. Argentina should be the ones to switch to a different colour.
In that case we must have willingly opted for the dark green strip.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

mcal wrote:...and what difference does it make?
Some people still smarting since 2018 over a uniform.
Person him house dey burn him dey busy dey chase rat :shock: :shock: :sad:
Na true my broad.....Dem say Rev father for church burn to death, you dey ask weda him bea bea burn
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt