FIFA WWC 2019

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA WWC 2019

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:That was a nonsense award by VAR.
Clear PK
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote:
Clear PK
How? She cleared the ball and the Spain ran into her raised foot. It was a rather unfortunate collision. Should have been play on.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
Clear PK
How? She cleared the ball and the Spain ran into her raised foot. It was a rather unfortunate collision. Should have been play on.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: That's what I saw and thought as well. yet, the ref issued a yellow card for the collision. I think CAF and/or South Africa should file complaint/protest. This is why African nations will never win the cups.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
Clear PK

Lordy lordy!!!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That fox loser, keeps calling the Falcons the super eagles. What a loser
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man that 2nd PK against South Africa was BS. WTF was the ref thinking???? South Africa needs to file a complaint. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
Clear PK

Are you by any chance watching France vs Norway and the PK?

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
Clear PK

I am not watching but based on the comments below (from BBC page), it seems it is another ridiculous (after the fact) decision:
France 1-1 Norway

Emma Hayes
Chelsea Women manager on BBC Radio 5 Live

Engen's foot goes over the ball, it comes up and there is some clumsiness. But it's a ridiculous decision, I have to say.
Comrade Bernski: VAR should be put on the first spaceship to Mars, what a disgraceful decision

Jasdip Sagu: How is that a penalty! She got the ball first!!! VAR being used incorrectly!

Tom McQuillin: I'm starting to think that lack of technology was never the issue with football... it was woeful refereeing. I can't believe that's been given as a penalty! Slow-motion makes everything look worse.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Omo these french babes.. wahala dey oh!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
Clear PK

I am not watching but based on the comments below (from BBC page), it seems it is another ridiculous (after the fact) decision:
France 1-1 Norway

Emma Hayes
Chelsea Women manager on BBC Radio 5 Live

Engen's foot goes over the ball, it comes up and there is some clumsiness. But it's a ridiculous decision, I have to say.
Comrade Bernski: VAR should be put on the first spaceship to Mars, what a disgraceful decision

Jasdip Sagu: How is that a penalty! She got the ball first!!! VAR being used incorrectly!

Tom McQuillin: I'm starting to think that lack of technology was never the issue with football... it was woeful refereeing. I can't believe that's been given as a penalty! Slow-motion makes everything look worse.

Perhaps you should watch the game rather than post twitter clips like tfco!

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

For those complaining about the VAR penalty given to France against Norway, I would remind you all that the exact same thing happened in the Spain v South Africa game.

At least, the refs are being consistent.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote:
First off, you're the one that asked me a question and I provided you with an answer. After watching it myself, I will be in a better position to have an opinion on it. However, just because comments are made on Twitter or any other Social Platform (like this one) does not make automatically make it wrong (or right for that matter). So for you to just dismiss an opinion because it is Twitter and listen to yours (on a social platform) is quite frankly befuddling! :sneaky:
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

charlie wrote:For those complaining about the VAR penalty given to France against Norway, I would remind you all that the exact same thing happened in the Spain v South Africa game.

Consistently bad it would seem!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

SylverEagles wrote:
charlie wrote:For those complaining about the VAR penalty given to France against Norway, I would remind you all that the exact same thing happened in the Spain v South Africa game.

Consistently bad it would seem!
In your opinion,...which counts for the same as mine,...nothing.

All I am saying is that that is not the first VAR call for studs in the box they have called, and have been consistent. If they had not called a penalty, that would have been very unfair to S.Africa.

Its now up to players now to adapt.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:
txj wrote:
First off, you're the one that asked me a question and I provided you with an answer. After watching it myself, I will be in a better position to have an opinion on it. However, just because comments are made on Twitter or any other Social Platform (like this one) does not make automatically make it wrong (or right for that matter). So for you to just dismiss an opinion because it is Twitter and listen to yours (on a social platform) is quite frankly befuddling! :sneaky:
Because I could post a hundred other examples from the same twitter affirming the decision.

On TV and during the live game, there are rules experts (ex-referees) in use. And they affirmed the decision. A decision widely given in the EPL, La Liga or Serie A...

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Here is the VAR penalty they called against S.Africa.
https://sports.yahoo.com/spain-overcome ... 20759.html

I thought it was bullshit as collisions like this happen in football all the time.

That said, if you are gonna call this one, then yes, it was a penalty against Norway as well for the exact same foul.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:She is a footballer. It is kind of sexism if the focus of the discussion is mostly about her looks and not about football.
IF.
How many hundreds of times have we discussed Oshoala, Oparanozie, Odega and their football on this forum that even you can remember?
Everything else is now banned?
So when they posed for a glamour shoot recently, that was sexism too?

Zokay nah.
Doc, no mind dem. Na follow-follow pipul dem be. Over follow-follow any Western custom without questioning it. Anyway, you too dey do di same for some tins wey I no go mention. :sneaky: :D :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ohenhen1 wrote:Also if it makes the person uncomfortable. How would you feel if you earn less than another person because of your gender. Instead of them treating you as an equal in the workplace , the boss is saying you are beautiful. You are fine, georgous and etc. It is kind of sexist. There is a time and place to hit on women not in a professional environment. After saying that it is okay to give compliments like, you look nice today
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh. My. Fooking. God. Anyway, we know who is talking. Colorado ohenhen. :lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Noticed an Olufolasade Adamolekun playing for Jamaica (Nigerian father and Jamaican mother). Apparently she played for the US at youth level before Jamaica capped her at adult level. Still only 18 yo.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The Italians look impressive. Still early but they look very capable of winming the tournament.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.