State of the Eagles - Bafana recap & Cameroon preview.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
State of the Eagles - Bafana recap & Cameroon preview.

Post by truetalk »

It is not too early to talk about the team to face Cameroon, especially since very little club football will be played in Europe, where most of our players are based, before then.

Most of the points here are from the Rantie/Uyo thread, so apologies if you've read it before.

First of all, I'll say, no need to panic. Uyo was a wake up call. We can still be on course to build a team that can qualify and get to the last 4 of the World Cup, qualify and win the Nations Cup, & give is a 'golden spell' from 2017 - 2019.

Here are my conclusions.

• We are in a very good spot and can easily build a world class team through the 2018-19 Workd Cup and Nations Cup phase. Minor adjustments without sentiments needed.

• Either Ikeme or Enyeama must be in goal for all competitive games through 2019. Search for a 3rd Keeper still on.

• If Mikel is not available, Ideye must play. While they don’t play the same position, they have a similar impact as sources of impactful and defense splitting possessions that bring other players into play in the offensive 3rd.

• The likes of Echiejile and Akpeyi have no business in a Nigerian National team in 2017.

• Nothing funny about having Ambrose back. I’ll take him over Echiejile on the left and Shehu on the right. Sone Aluko will be more useful to the team as a wide left than some current options, especially with useful possessions in the final 3rd. We have better options to Echiejile & we need to solve that problem by Committee if possible. Uduokhai, Amuzie & the newly discovered Maroof are options in addition to Ambrose.

Some changes are however needed, and these must be implemented without any sentiments. Below, you'll find my ranking of the players vs. Bafana; a look at the team by section; and the players I'd invite vs Cameroon if everyone is fit.
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: State of the Eagles - Bafana recap & Cameroon preview.

Post by truetalk »

Rating vs. Bafana:

Rating is out of 10 & in (Parenthesis). No one gets a zero because showing up counts for something.

Echiejile – (1) Responsible for the 1st goal. Took a ridiculous dive when he was in a scoring position earlier. Faithful but barely capable player at his best, not an International level player now that he has lost a step or two, and fatigues out in the 2nd half.

Akpeyi – (1) – Not an International level keeper. It is sad when the opponents are excited that his presence in goal gives them the best chance of beating Nigeria. And he didn’t disappoint them. He makes errors, inspires no confidence, and will cost us every time.

Nacho – (2) – Nigeria’s biggest talent might end up being more of a Martins than Yekini in terms of National team impact, unless there is a change in attitude. Didn’t hustle, pulled back from balls he was favorite to get, had a spat with the crowd, no urgency during substitution when we were behind. Kept the bus waiting for about 5 minutes at the hotel. Hopefully it was just a bad day, but I’m not so sure.

Iwobi – (2) – I would have subbed him in the 1st half if I was coach. Didn’t seem to take the game serious. Repeatedly trying turnover causing flicks and tricks instead of going for the simple and obvious. Maybe he would have more effective playing through the middle, but he was a big reason why we didn’t have a lot of useful possessions in the offensive 3rd. Team bus waited for him for a couple of minutes as well, but Mr. Nacho was even later.

Rohr – (3) – Sometimes, it is just a bad day, but that Bafana team will beat the team we put out in Uyo again if they played tomorrow, & that is on the coach. He was outcoached by Baxter in terms of tactics and personnel (& we have an advantage in this regard). To his credit, he got the right players off (he needed 5 substitutes to fully do that), but some of the problems with the team should not have been there in the first place. The timing of this blip can be good for the team if he takes the right corrective measures. The spotlight is on him now.

Simon – (3) – He was probably the best forward player, but that isn’t saying very much. He was full of running, willing to take on an opponent or two and try to get us into threatening positions. The decision making and final balls were horrible. He’d cross when he can make a run to the 6 yard box, over-cross into touch, or something totally frustrating after initial good work. He, like Musa, might just be good in small doses only.

Onazi – (4) – Not showing enough leadership to be vice-captain and losing the edge to his game that had us calling him ‘energizer bunny’. The pattern so many times with him in the game seemed to be: ‘demand the ball from the Defenese = Waste time with it, while gesturing that you’re looking for runners or lanes up front – make a sideways pass or another pass to a non-threatening position after Bafana’s Defense is fully set. With Ndidi’s emergence, he may find himself on the bench with a full house and no injuries in camp.

Musa – (4) – Maybe he was fasting, as he didn’t really provide a spark off the bench. A but unfair that we continue to have winger expectations for a support striker, but he must be judged based on the role he plays for the Eagles. Good in limited doses, as he has tools to change a game quickly, but can be costly over 90 minutes.

Ndidi – (5) – Far too upfield too many times. I’m not sure if he was playing to instruction or was trying to take matters into his own hand for a team that was out of sorts with the forward players having horrible games. He is at his best when he is in front of the back 4 (or 3), breaking up plays and initiating attacks with outlet passes. Forays forward are ok, but should be occasional and at opportune times. I don’t remember him getting a shot on target even though he had a sight on goal on at least 2 occasions.

Etebo – (5) – Came closest to scoring for the Eagles. Tried to force the action a number of times, and could have had 2 goals with more composure, but it looks like Etebo might be an exceptional support guy, but not the main man. Can we afford to have Etebo & Iwobi on the pitch at the same time, especially if Mikel is available? Could Iwobi be better in that central area? So many questions. Can’t knock his hustle and intensity though.

Ekong – (5) – Adequate defender who has been there for us in the last year or two. Wasn’t exceptional & got lost and easily beaten a few times. Average performance on a day the team played poorly.

Awaziem – (5) – OK debut for a good, young, athletic defender. I can’t believe some people are calling him out with the abundance of horror shows from several other players. The fact that he had to deal with a number of breakaways shows that other players were poor on the day. I won’t be surprised to see him start alongside Balogun when we have a full house in camp.

Osimhen – (5) – Not enough time to really make a full judgment, so I’ll just go into adaptive test mode and leave him with the average score.

Shehu – (5) – Didn’t rise above the fray, but was not the direct source of any major incident. I’ve seen him put in worse shifts for the Eagles, so average score well deserved.

Kayode – (6) – Not a fan of his game, but came with intensity and effort while he was on. He is probably the only person on the day that deserves an above average score.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Goalkeepers:

Ikeme has been flawless for us and is No.1, but he has been injured a lot. We urgently need to get Enyeama back & somehow convince him to be willing to be on the bench & just support the younger players, when Ikeme is available. Cameroon was somehow able to manage Nkono, Bell and Songo’o at some point.

I’m not buying the Alampaasu hype. Good performances in the last 2 games of a schoolboy tournament is not a passport to the Nigerian national team. He was benched at the U-20 level by Enaholo, benched on the CHAN team by Agbim, benched on the watered down Eagles team by Ezenwa (who was benched by the bumbling Akpeyi on the main team. Akpeyi was benched by Daniel on the Olympic team). Different coaches have preferred this rather inauspicious collection of keepers to Alampasu over the last 2 years. Alampasu is in the only team in Europe owned by a Nigerian, who might feel he has a patriotic duty to help develop talent. He has barely played over the last season. I hope I’m wrong, but we should probably start looking elsewhere for the 3rd option.

The mainstays in the NPFL (Femi Thomas, Okiemute Odah, Sunday Rotimi) are past their prime. Suraj Ayeleso is getting some good press, so we should get to see him and Ezenwa in the CHAN qualifiers in August. Maybe some 18 or 19 year old in the NNL, NPFL or abroad (Maduka Okoye?) might emerge over the next 12 months, we’ll see.

In the meantime, either Ikeme and Enyeama must man the post. So yes, we need Vince back & he has to be willing to seat on the bench. Let the coach & Pinnick make it happen.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Defense:

The number of options available make us adequate in Central Defense. Awaziem is now in the mix with Balogun, Ekong and Omeruo. The likes of Oboabona are still options, and the NFF could go after Otigba and Tomori.

On the right, Shehu has started lately under Rohr. Ebuehi is now in the mix. Ambrose and Aina are also options and should provide some competition here and on the left. If we qualify early, we should cap Odubajo in one of the final 2 games of the WCQ.

On the left, there are several alternatives to Echiejile, & it is either a coaching or administrative failure that makes it seem like we are optionless. Madu, Amuzie, Aina, Uduokhai and Ambrose are viable (and I think better) options. There is also the newly invited Maroof. I understand the need to avoid too many changes before competitive games, but weaknesses need to be addressed.

Verdict – We can be strong by committee here. Get some of the credible options on the left in the mix to compete for the starting shirt vs Cameroon.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Midfield:

It is very obvious that Mikel has raised his game for the Eagles after the World Cup and has become the stabilizing force and a source of creativity in the middle. It may also be better to play Iwobi through the middle than on the wings, as I think he has been better through the middle for his club. (VM fits more into the playmaker from the wings mold if necessary). We need options in that creative and attacking midfield space.

I have not seen Nwakili play, & I don’t want to make the classic CE mistake (of declaring a player I haven’t seen as the next big thing), but if he is as talented as the hype suggests, he can come to camp to start shadowing Mikel in camp alongside Iwobi, even if he does not make the matchday squad.

We have a good number of young, energetic and solid Defensive and Central Midfielders in Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu. We are not looking for new players here, we just need to let people grow into their roles.

Verdict – Midfield is pretty much set. Maybe Nwakili and Esiti can get a look in. Mikel still key. & he & Ndidi are guaranteed starters. Iwobi should be tried in the AM position.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Attack:

I’ll go off on a tangent with a guy who is potentially our biggest talent. Hopefully, this is a storm in a teacup, but we might just have a Nacho problem, and it is attitude and not ability. We may need to apologize to Manu Garba for the backlash he got here and elsewhere for leaving Nacho & Success on the bench at the 2015 U-20 WC. The man has been with these kids since they were 15 and that may have been his own way to intervene as a caring mentor.

There was more than enough to be worried about as regards his attitude during this game. From keeping the team bus waiting at the hotel, to strolling off the pitch when we were behind at home. He dismissed an agitated crowd with an angry hand wave after not making the required effort to get to a pass behind the defense. I’m beginning to think he might need some time on the bench.

Ideye is very much needed through the 2019 phase, especially if Mikel is not available. He is a lead or support striker, but brings many qualities of an AM to the table and could make our possessions more coordinated and impactful in the final 3rd. Victor Moses is also very much needed as he can ‘create his chances’ and also create for others from wide positions.

Kayode and Onyekuru are welcome additions. Simon and Musa are too costly over 90 minutes. At the moment, they are like strong medication. Good in small doses; 15 – 20 minutes at the end of a game. That means only one is needed and frankly, I’ll take Sone Aluko over both as a wide player over 90 minutes.

I have never seen Bazee play, but the description of being ‘a faster version of VM’ looks enticing if true. Cyril Dessers just had a breakout season against limited opposition in the Juliper, but he got better as the season progressed. He barely played 10 games last season, but scored 29 this season. At 22, & showing such improvement, I’m willing to take a chance and cap him asap, because Belgium will, if he repeats the same in the Eredivisie. He is raw, but has the fundamentals. Uses both feet and can use his head. We should also try to get Tammy Abraham to commit. This will be much easier if we beat Cameroon and wrap up qualification in September.

Verdict: Musa & Simon are not very effective on the wings and too costly over 90 minutes. Ideye & VM should start against Cameroon. Not sure who the 3rd forward player should be (Default is Nacho, but he may need time on the bench if we can get an effective replacement). Get Abraham, Dessers & Bazee soon if possible.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Team vs. Cameroon:

As previously mentioned, there isn’t a lot of football in Europe between now and August, so baring injuries, it is not too early to suggest a list to face the lions. I don’t think Rohr will invite a guy like Aluko, but I’m not trying to predict what he will do, I am giving on opinion on what he should do based on available options.

Goalkeepers: Ikeme, Enyeama, 3rd option not named Akpeyi or Alampasu.

Defenders: Omeruo, Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Shehu, Ambrose, Amuzie, Maroof, (Uduokhai & Aina to observe)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo, Onazi, Ogu (Nwakili to observe)

Forwards: Ideye, Victor Moses, Nacho, Onyekuru, Kayode, Aluko, Musa or Moses (not both). (Abraham & Dressers to observe if possible)

PS. Inviting players to observe isn't strange. I believe Keshi did that with Sidney Sam, and Rohr had the training session & included Aina & Bazee in London. I've left out Tomori & Onomah for now. Let the glow of the the U-20 WC victory settle fist.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Currently, Nacho needs a 'buffer' (or in simpler terms: 'twin striker') to be effective...

Currently, he lacks the tools (pace & power) to be an effective sole #9. Maybe in time, he'll grow into that kind of forward, but not now...

Why Rohr never understood this simple fact before the SAfrica game is mystifying...

And, except to exploit space behind the SAfrica back 4 (which was not the case - with Nacho's lack of pace); why the high balls from midfield?
Nacho was never going to profit aerially under any circumstance, so why the punts..?

Little wonder the poor guy was frustrated and disgruntled, and was petulant when he was subbed...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
funkfunk
Egg
Egg

Post by funkfunk »

Hi truetalk
I am not an expert on football tactics or strategy. As a matter of fact, everything I know about tactics can be written on the back of a postage stamp...with a paint brush. No doubt there are quite a few guys on this forum more able to analyse your views and suggestions. However, I would like to compliment and commend you on the series of well thought out and well written pieces, a true labour of love. I have a crazy feeling the loss against South Africa may be a blessing in disguise. Well done and thanks for giving hope.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I feel like Rohr and the players went into that game over confident and even bordering on arrogant, and underestimated the skill and technical abilities of the Bafana Bafana players. It also didn't help that some of the players that played didn't see much action at their clubs during the second half of the season (Iwobi, Kelechi, Uwa, and Musa).
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys like to write thesis sha.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

truetalk wrote:Goalkeepers: Ikeme, Enyeama, 3rd option not named Akpeyi or Alampasu.
Would love to see a bit of Nwokolor. No idea if he's good, but there must be something to him, if he's a starter in a European club at 21. Especially in a highly technical, strategical setup which characterizes former Jugoslavian football. 26 games, 23 goals conceeded, 11 cleant sheets. Last season 19 games, 16 goals conceeded, 9 clean sheets. I've never seen him but those are impressive stats by any standards. (Naturally maybe his defence is just good...)
Defenders: Omeruo, Awaziem, Balogun, Ekong, Shehu, Ambrose, Amuzie, Maroof, (Uduokhai & Aina to observe)
I'm not ready to give up on Musa Muhammad. Plus maybe Nura Abdullahi finally gets past his injury problems and he may be a first choice RB within a year.
Mikel Agu needs to under consideration. The best Nigerian in Portugal last season, may make the Porto first team.
Forwards: Ideye, Victor Moses, Nacho, Onyekuru, Kayode, Aluko, Musa or Moses (not both). (Abraham & Dressers to observe if possible)
What about Osimhen? We need to observe this season.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

marutimon wrote:
truetalk wrote:Goalkeepers: Ikeme, Enyeama, 3rd option not named Akpeyi or Alampasu.
Would love to see a bit of Nwokolor. No idea if he's good, but there must be something to him, if he's a starter in a European club at 21. Especially in a highly technical, strategical setup which characterizes former Jugoslavian football. 26 games, 23 goals conceeded, 11 cleant sheets. Last season 19 games, 16 goals conceeded, 9 clean sheets. I've never seen him but those are impressive stats by any standards. (Naturally maybe his defence is just good...)
I'm not ready to give up on Musa Muhammad. Plus maybe Nura Abdullahi finally gets past his injury problems and he may be a first choice RB within a year.
Mikel Agu needs to under consideration. The best Nigerian in Portugal last season, may make the Porto first team.
I agree with your observations.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

funkfunk wrote:Hi truetalk
I am not an expert on football tactics or strategy. As a matter of fact, everything I know about tactics can be written on the back of a postage stamp...with a paint brush. No doubt there are quite a few guys on this forum more able to analyse your views and suggestions. However, I would like to compliment and commend you on the series of well thought out and well written pieces, a true labour of love. I have a crazy feeling the loss against South Africa may be a blessing in disguise. Well done and thanks for giving hope.
Thank you Sir. I'm glad you found it useful.

There are few jobs I would do for free, and helping the Super Eagles succeed makes the shortlist.

The lessons from the Bafana game are quite obvious and only few changes are needed. I hope those in charge show the wisdom and diligence required going forward.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

marutimon wrote:
I have heard of Nwokolor & it is good that he is progressing along in his career. I think the effective short term fix is that either Ikeme or Enyeama is in goal for every competitive game (till we qualify, if we do) over the next year. That might mean convincing Enyeama to come back to the team and be ready to sit on the bench when necessary. Hopefully a credible 3rd option will emerge over the next 12 months. It may well be Nwokolor, we'll see.
None of these options have shown a sustained quality performance at the senior level, but we'll see.
Agu was in camp, but didn't see action against Bafana. Tough to see how he'll make it with a full house, but he'll probably force his way to an Eagles shirt if he can do the same at Porto.
Agree. Young player playing with a good team in an elite league. Hopefully he sees more action in the Bundesliga this season.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
marutimon wrote: I'm not ready to give up on Musa Muhammad. Plus maybe Nura Abdullahi finally gets past his injury problems and he may be a first choice RB within a year.
None of these options have shown a sustained quality performance at the senior level, but we'll see.
Nura hasnt played for the SE yet. In fact I do not think he ever even played for any of the junior national teams before he left Nigeria. Of all our young RBs, I consider him to be the brightest long term prospect. He is the only one who, when not injured commands an automatic starting place at RB in a top league. Aina has struggled to break into the Chelsea first team and the not-that-young-and-still-injured Moses Odubanjo of Hull was unavailable for them virtually all season and never got tested in the top flight before they were relegated again. Like you, I'm not and have never been convinced on Musa Mohammed.

Anyway, here's an update on Nura's position...
Why I didn’t show up after Super Eagles invitation – Roma’s Nura Abdullahi
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/15/didnt-sh ... abdullahi/

Nura Abdullahi who plays for AS Roma in Italy, has given his reasons for not joining up with the Super Eagles in London two months ago.

The 19-year-old was called up by coach Gernot Rohr, for the friendly game against Senegal in London.

However, Nura claims he suffered an injury setback, which made his club turn down the invitation so he can focus on his rehabilitation.

“I was called up for the game against Senegal in London, contact was made between my club and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), but I suffered a set back in my return from injury. Hence I couldn’t honour the call up,” Nura told popular journalist Mohammed Suleiman.

“I’m still not full ‎fit that is why I didn’t take part in the exhibition game organised by Moses Simon in Kaduna, I still have some gym session left before I will be given the all clear to return to training.”
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

olu wrote:I feel like Rohr and the players went into that game over confident and even bordering on arrogant, and underestimated the skill and technical abilities of the Bafana Bafana players. It also didn't help that some of the players that played didn't see much action at their clubs during the second half of the season (Iwobi, Kelechi, Uwa, and Musa).
I think the loss was more down to the relative international inexperience of the Nigeria players. Too many newbies were thrust in at once in a vital game. Ikeme/Enyeama, Mikel, V. Moses should make the difference going forward.

I agree the loss may turn out to be a blessing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

One of sabastein osigwe and David Nwokolo need to be given a opportunity to fight for the goalkeeper slot. Akpan need Ezenwa needs to go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Same ol names....Face it Nigeria will never produce talents the like of 1994-2000 again.....unless we copy watch the Germans and Brazilian do....we need better scout of talents...just because you play for a club in Europe does not get you an automatic call up
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
marutimon wrote:
I have heard of Nwokolor & it is good that he is progressing along in his career. I think the effective short term fix is that either Ikeme or Enyeama is in goal for every competitive game (till we qualify, if we do) over the next year. That might mean convincing Enyeama to come back to the team and be ready to sit on the bench when necessary. Hopefully a credible 3rd option will emerge over the next 12 months. It may well be Nwokolor, we'll see.
Agu was in camp, but didn't see action against Bafana. Tough to see how he'll make it with a full house, but he'll probably force his way to an Eagles shirt if he can do the same at Porto.
Agree. Young player playing with a good team in an elite league. Hopefully he sees more action in the Bundesliga this season.
Agu made the match day squad against SA while Ogu did not. It is obvious that Agu is ahead of Ogu in Rohr's estimation.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:Team vs. Cameroon:

As previously mentioned, there isn’t a lot of football in Europe between now and August, so baring injuries, it is not too early to suggest a list to face the lions. I don’t think Rohr will invite a guy like Aluko, but I’m not trying to predict what he will do, I am giving on opinion on what he should do based on available options.

PS. Inviting players to observe isn't strange. I believe Keshi did that with Sidney Sam, and Rohr had the training session & included Aina & Bazee in London. I've left out Tomori & Onomah for now. Let the glow of the the U-20 WC victory settle fist.
Based on current form and recent developments, I'll change this wishlist a little.

It is super urgent to invite and cap Dressers against Cameroon, even if only for a minute. I think if we don't cap him in this window, we lose him to Belgium.

If Mikel is not fit, Joel Obi should be invited.

Dennis Bonaventure should be invited. He has earned it over Musa & Simon Moses at the moment.

While I question Ideye's drive and there are certainly questions about his form, he brings qualities that are needed for certain formations & will leave him on the list.

As for GKs, we take whatever we are given at this stage. The 3 that will be invited are not the top 3, even with Ikeme and Enyeama out, but there isn't much we can do about that now.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:Team vs. Cameroon:

Based on current form and recent developments, I'll change this wishlist a little.

It is super urgent to invite and cap Dressers against Cameroon, even if only for a minute. I think if we don't cap him in this window, we lose him to Belgium.

If Mikel is not fit, Joel Obi should be invited.

Dennis Bonaventure should be invited. He has earned it over Musa & Simon Moses at the moment.

While I question Ideye's drive and there are certainly questions about his form, he brings qualities that are needed for certain formations & will leave him on the list.

As for GKs, we take whatever we are given at this stage. The 3 that will be invited are not the top 3, even with Ikeme and Enyeama out, but there isn't much we can do about that now.
:agree: :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

We have been 'blessed' with overhyped and lazy players lately. We need to realize that fancy ball juggling
is not all it takes to play on a team. SE's problem is an overworked defense, due careless and ineffective
midfield, and attackers who when they lose possession would simply stroll around hoping to be fed the ball again.
Until we focus on developing our local players, with emphasis on team play and discipline, instead of looking for
ready made players from foreign lands, our football will keep sliding backwards.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges