Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
“I am very happy about the match; it was a good test for us,” Rohr said

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/09/nigeria ... -warriors/
Super Eagles Coach, Genort Rohr, has reacted after his side played out a goalless draw with Zimbabwe in an international friendly match on Saturday.

The Super Eagles drew goalless with the Warriors of Zimbabwe on Saturday in the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, Delta State.


The game was in preparation for the African Cup of Nations to be hosted by Egypt.

Rohr who addressed a press conference after the game said, “all the players did well; there were some opportunities to score goals though none was converted.

“I am very happy about the match; it was a good test for us,” Rohr said


The friendly was the last by the Super Eagles before the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) competition in Egypt between June 21 and July 19.

The teams defied the downpour as the match kicked off at about 6 pm with both teams presenting a good account of themselves before the admiring fans.

The first and second halves saw the teams displaying their talents though there were several scoring chances for both teams which they failed to convert.


The second half saw the Eagles coach making some changes by introducing Ahmed Musa and Williams Ekong and pulling out Samuel Kalu and Omeruo Josiah.

The coach also replaced Paul Onuachu and Chukwueze Samuel with Victor Osimhen and Henry Onyekuru respectively, thereby changing the tempo of the game.

Later, Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi, was pulled out for John Ogu.



The Eagles last-minute effort to score was stopped by the Zimbabwe goalkeeper, Edmore Sibanda, to the admiration of the fans.

Download Daily Post App.





https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/09/nigeria ... -warriors/


Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi, said on Saturday that he was impressed with the performance of the team during the friendly with the Warriors of Zimbabwe at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

Mikel said at a post-match news conference after the teams drew goalless, that ”the boys have been very fantastic and they have really worked hard to get here.


”The team is a very good blend of players and it is a good thing for the young players to play this game.

”Through the match, you know that they are talented players and we have been able to discover some great talents among them.

“I think the only thing that needs to be done now is to work on them so that they will know when and when not to run with the ball.”


Mikel further noted that he was really motivated by his performance and that of his teammates.

“I am very motivated and if I am not, I will not be here.

”I told the coach that when I am ready I will come back and when I am back, I will give 100 per cent to the team,”’ he added.

Download Daily Post App. Subscribe to Daily Post Newsletter. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.


Last edited by ANC on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34305
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Misleading title. He's happy with the match. The article said nothing about being happy with the scoreline.

Also, I thought they are scheduled to play another friendly with Senegal in Egypt. :?

Quote:
The friendly was the last by the Super Eagles before the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) competition in Egypt between June 21 and July 19.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31544
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 am
Posts: 33
cchinukw wrote:
Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:


What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31544
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
ahidjo2 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:


What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.

Not taking anything from a friendly match bro. I am just calling out the hypocrites willing to give an FC a pass for a similar result that they would crucify an LC for.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38191
Location: Eagles' Nest
cchinukw wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:


What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.

Not taking anything from a friendly match bro. I am just calling out the hypocrites willing to give an FC a pass for a similar result that they would crucify an LC for.
cchinukw wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:


What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.

Not taking anything from a friendly match bro. I am just calling out the hypocrites willing to give an FC a pass for a similar result that they would crucify an LC for.

But who is giving the Oyinbo a pass? :???:

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 81383
Location: Earth
John

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group