Rohr and Mikel: Happy with the 0-0 Match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr and Mikel: Happy with the 0-0 Match

Post by ANC »

“I am very happy about the match; it was a good test for us,” Rohr said

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/09/nigeria ... -warriors/
Super Eagles Coach, Genort Rohr, has reacted after his side played out a goalless draw with Zimbabwe in an international friendly match on Saturday.

The Super Eagles drew goalless with the Warriors of Zimbabwe on Saturday in the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, Delta State.

The game was in preparation for the African Cup of Nations to be hosted by Egypt.

Rohr who addressed a press conference after the game said, “all the players did well; there were some opportunities to score goals though none was converted.

“I am very happy about the match; it was a good test for us,” Rohr said

The friendly was the last by the Super Eagles before the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) competition in Egypt between June 21 and July 19.

The teams defied the downpour as the match kicked off at about 6 pm with both teams presenting a good account of themselves before the admiring fans.

The first and second halves saw the teams displaying their talents though there were several scoring chances for both teams which they failed to convert.

The second half saw the Eagles coach making some changes by introducing Ahmed Musa and Williams Ekong and pulling out Samuel Kalu and Omeruo Josiah.

The coach also replaced Paul Onuachu and Chukwueze Samuel with Victor Osimhen and Henry Onyekuru respectively, thereby changing the tempo of the game.

Later, Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi, was pulled out for John Ogu.

The Eagles last-minute effort to score was stopped by the Zimbabwe goalkeeper, Edmore Sibanda, to the admiration of the fans.

Download Daily Post App.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/09/nigeria ... -warriors/

Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi, said on Saturday that he was impressed with the performance of the team during the friendly with the Warriors of Zimbabwe at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

Mikel said at a post-match news conference after the teams drew goalless, that ”the boys have been very fantastic and they have really worked hard to get here.

”The team is a very good blend of players and it is a good thing for the young players to play this game.

”Through the match, you know that they are talented players and we have been able to discover some great talents among them.

“I think the only thing that needs to be done now is to work on them so that they will know when and when not to run with the ball.”

Mikel further noted that he was really motivated by his performance and that of his teammates.

“I am very motivated and if I am not, I will not be here.

”I told the coach that when I am ready I will come back and when I am back, I will give 100 per cent to the team,”’ he added.

Download Daily Post App. Subscribe to Daily Post Newsletter. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries, press releases.
Last edited by ANC on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr: Happy with the 0-0 draw

Post by theYemster »

Misleading title. He's happy with the match. The article said nothing about being happy with the scoreline.

Also, I thought they are scheduled to play another friendly with Senegal in Egypt. :?
The friendly was the last by the Super Eagles before the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) competition in Egypt between June 21 and July 19.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr and Mikel: Happy with the 0-0 Match

Post by cchinukw »

Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

We judge our FCs by lower standards and pay them more. :boo: :boo: :boo:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

cchinukw wrote:Oyinbo will always be oyinbo for Naija.

If na our late coaches Amodu or Keshi, we would have been asking for their heads on a platter.

What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ahidjo2 wrote:

What was the purpose of the game? Was it competitive? Did the players play well under the rain? What will be the rational basis for calling for the head of a coach who was trying out players, tactics, and positions? It rained heavily and from what I saw, they did well.
Not taking anything from a friendly match bro. I am just calling out the hypocrites willing to give an FC a pass for a similar result that they would crucify an LC for.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

cchinukw wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:

Not taking anything from a friendly match bro. I am just calling out the hypocrites willing to give an FC a pass for a similar result that they would crucify an LC for.
cchinukw wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:

But who is giving the Oyinbo a pass? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

John
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved