Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 204
vancity eagle wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
we are thin in midfield right now.

If Onazi ever gets back to fitness he still has something to offer this team as a bench option.

We need to stop this habit of discarding players when nobody has stepped up to replace them.

I've even seen people imply we dont need Mikel, when in his first game back after a year, he was easily our best player.

For me, Mikel should be on the road to Qatar if he wishes to continue. You cannot just replace that kind of experience and talent.

Look at Ronaldo still playing for Portugal at 34. European teams dont discard their players simply because of age. I dont know why we love to do this.


Most Europeans at 34 are 34.



Is Mikel 31 or not ?

however old he is , he is still OUR BEST PLAYER.

I personally think he still has one more world cup to offer, even if on the bench. I hope he has the motivation to take this team to Qatar. SE will only benefit.

Do you really think we will have better midfielders than Mikel on the bench in Qatar. I highly doubt it.


Mikel is actually 32 for real. This was proven more than a decade ago when his primary school records were revealed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3453
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
When is Rohr going to address the goal keeping position???


When Nigeria gives birth to a better goalkeeper


Anybody is better than Akpeyi. The fact that Rohr continues to select Akpeyi shows Rohr is poor judge at spotting talent and the talentless and his scouts haven’t helped.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17198
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Flex Swift wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
When is Rohr going to address the goal keeping position???


When Nigeria gives birth to a better goalkeeper


Anybody is better than Akpeyi. The fact that Rohr continues to select Akpeyi shows Rohr is poor judge at spotting talent and the talentless and his scouts haven’t helped.


I disagree with the highlighted. While the three goalkeepers are poor compared to goalkeepers that we have previously used, Akpeyi is at par with Uzoho in my opinion. Akpeyi has been battered by the media and fans for mistakes that may not be worse than those already made by Uzoho. You may argue that Uzoho is younger and taller but he is not by any means significantly better than Akpeyi or Ezenwa, at this moment. I do realize that Uzoho is likely to be the starter at AFCON but that is no reason to claim that any body is better than Akpeyi who has been getting games at his clubs in South Africa apparently ahead of other goalkeepers.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3453
Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
When is Rohr going to address the goal keeping position???


When Nigeria gives birth to a better goalkeeper


Anybody is better than Akpeyi. The fact that Rohr continues to select Akpeyi shows Rohr is poor judge at spotting talent and the talentless and his scouts haven’t helped.


I disagree with the highlighted. While the three goalkeepers are poor compared to goalkeepers that we have previously used, Akpeyi is at par with Uzoho in my opinion. Akpeyi has been battered by the media and fans for mistakes that may not be worse than those already made by Uzoho. You may argue that Uzoho is younger and taller but he is not by any means significantly better than Akpeyi or Ezenwa, at this moment. I do realize that Uzoho is likely to be the starter at AFCON but that is no reason to claim that any body is better than Akpeyi who has been getting games at his clubs in South Africa apparently ahead of other goalkeepers.



Even that fat dude that played under the late Stephen Keshi is better than Akpeyi. A Goal keeper that let in a shot taken from the half way line during the Soweto Derby. I just hope we don’t get laughed out of the tournament after Akpeyi let’s in comical goals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2416
Flex Swift wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
When is Rohr going to address the goal keeping position???


When Nigeria gives birth to a better goalkeeper


Anybody is better than Akpeyi. The fact that Rohr continues to select Akpeyi shows Rohr is poor judge at spotting talent and the talentless and his scouts haven’t helped.


Akpeyi is bad but so is everyone else....I remember scouting Lokosa once in the NPFL and the keeper was bad. The funny thing was the coach was telling us how great the keeper was before the game.

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3453
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
When is Rohr going to address the goal keeping position???


When Nigeria gives birth to a better goalkeeper


Anybody is better than Akpeyi. The fact that Rohr continues to select Akpeyi shows Rohr is poor judge at spotting talent and the talentless and his scouts haven’t helped.


Akpeyi is bad but so is everyone else....I remember scouting Lokosa once in the NPFL and the keeper was bad. The funny thing was the coach was telling us how great the keeper was before the game.

Did that goalkeeper let in a shot taken from the half way line? So did that goalkeeper pickup the ball outside his 18 yard line? If the answer is no he is better than Akpeyi period


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7767
vancity eagle wrote:
we are thin in midfield right now.

If Onazi ever gets back to fitness he still has something to offer this team as a bench option.

We need to stop this habit of discarding players when nobody has stepped up to replace them.

I've even seen people imply we dont need Mikel, when in his first game back after a year, he was easily our best player.

For me, Mikel should be on the road to Qatar if he wishes to continue. You cannot just replace that kind of experience and talent.

Look at Ronaldo still playing for Portugal at 34. European teams dont discard their players simply because of age. I dont know why we love to do this.



Onazi was in great form prior to his injury (he was in the Turkish team of the season at the midway point) and would likely have made the final 23. All the same, he will have a royal fight on his hands trying to maintain his spot when he returns. Between now and the 2021 Cup of Nations, I expect the competition to improve in terms of our midfield options.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15168
Location: Texas
The plantainians have about 4 world class goalies. You guys can borrow one from them.

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37445
Location: Land of the Terrapins
bamenda boy wrote:
The plantainians have about 4 world class goalies. You guys can borrow one from them.


O na na na, we good. We will work with our useless guys hopefully the opponents don't shoot at them or cross into our box (fingers crossed) lol.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9838
maceo4 wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
The plantainians have about 4 world class goalies. You guys can borrow one from them.


O na na na, we good. We will work with our useless guys hopefully the opponents don't shoot at them or cross into our box (fingers crossed) lol.



:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15168
Location: Texas
ANC wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
The plantainians have about 4 world class goalies. You guys can borrow one from them.


O na na na, we good. We will work with our useless guys hopefully the opponents don't shoot at them or cross into our box (fingers crossed) lol.



:lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 660
Azubuike
Shehu Abdullahi


On current form are better than Onazi on current form. In 2014, Onazi was world class.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 11236
nzeogwu wrote:
Azubuike
Shehu Abdullahi


On current form are better than Onazi on current form. In 2014, Onazi was world class.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Okay, now I think I understand what Nigerian mean when they say world class! It is now very clear to me! When Nigerians say world class, they are simply trying to say that the player did very well that day (or during that period) and they were very happy with the person’s performance!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ahidjo2, Bing [Bot], maceo4 and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group