What Now For Nacho?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: What Now For Nacho?

Post by john12 »

WTH he says ndidi is a midfielder and work comparison is invalid. What about Kane? Ronaldo? Messi? All strikers that work extremely hard on the pitch and have achieved certain things. Maybe, it’s just nacho natural style to be laid back sha
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:I hate when people keep saying “he needs to move” please stop talking rubbish. He dosent need to move anywhere because moving won’t change laziness, lackadaisical and jovial attitude. Infact, he has already shown that his capable of scoring at EPL so “league excuse” should be removed
Where are you getting this laziness from though? Pep never said he was lazy, said he loved his attitude in training. Even Rohr didn't say that, he complained about his confidence. Look at the interview I posted, his own club boss Rogers says he works hard. What he does on IG on his own free time can't be termed laziness, John Ogu posts move 'jovial' things than Kele. And Kele has even stopped posting since Rohr's comments about it. JJ used to be a jokester with a jovial attitude as well, does that mean he was lazy? :|
KPOM.
These 'lazy' and 'unserious' tags are without foundation.

Its a lazy way of identifying Nacho's decline in form.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:WTH he says ndidi is a midfielder and work comparison is invalid. What about Kane? Ronaldo? Messi? All strikers that work extremely hard on the pitch and have achieved certain things. Maybe, it’s just nacho natural style to be laid back sha
You are recycling your own thoughts on this laziness thing.
No-one in the know has said he is lazy or 'laid back'.

All you've ever seen is what we've all seen on TV. You don't attend his training sessions. And you haven't provided any stats to back up your claim which you keep repeating with a few others in your echo chamber.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His ex coach “Nduka ugbagbe” called him lazy. However, I’m talking strictly about his match performance. Please watch Iheanacho games this season for Leicester and see if he even looks interested let alone putting in 100%. Watch his performance and compare it to vardy or ndidi or even their RB and you will see why I call him lazy. Although, it could just be his style of play
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:His ex coach “Nduka ugbagbe” called him lazy. However, I’m talking strictly about his match performance. Please watch Iheanacho games this season for Leicester and see if he even looks interested let alone putting in 100%. Watch his performance and compare it to vardy or ndidi or even their RB and you will see why I call him lazy. Although, it could just be his style of play
Those two will respectively make any striker or midfielder look 'lazy'.
Compare Kane to Vardy for instance, but who delivers more goals?
Ndidi is consistently top 2 or 3 tacklers in the EPL.
In neither case does it actually make their peers lazy..
It's just their style.
Kele being 'lazy' is more myth than fact.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

All this talk about Nacho being lazy is nonsense. He works hard on and off the ball.

His biggest issue is with his club Leicester and their style of play. He is a player who requires balls to his feet rather than in the air or into space (he doesnt have super speed like Ahmed Musa or any grace or jumping ability in the air like Vardy). He is also a player who is not as good off the ball as Vardy (with whom he gets compared, maybe unfairly given Vardy's experience).

I have said it before and I will say it again. Nacho will not find his form in Leceister. He needs to move to a club that is better suited to leveraging his talents. A team like Lyon, or Dortmund or Servile will put him in a system best positioned to leverage his strengths as a finisher.

Leceister, no be am.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

‘’For me, Iheanacho was pushed to play as a center forward because of his goal-rate and how confident he is in scoring goals,’’ said Awoniyi. ‘’I have played with him a lot of times, when I play with him he’s best played as a number ten, behind the striker. This is where he played when we played together, all of a sudden he became a center forward and it has to do with what they discovered in him in Manchester City and Leicester City.

‘’When he was at Manchester City before he was moved to a number nine, he played the same position and he did great things for the team.’’ Awoniyi added : ‘’When the whites discover something special in you in terms of goalscoring, they will find a way to push you. Image

‘’The coach is the best person to know where he fits in, but I cannot give an advice where he should play. ‘’When he played as a number ten with me in the national team, he did a great job and also a number nine, so it depends on what the coach thinks.’’

On Iheanacho’s goalscoring troubles, Awoniyi said : ‘’In Leicester City they are not giving him game time, if a player is not playing there is no way you can get the best out of him, there is no way he can score goals when he doesn’t play.

‘’It has to do with the team not giving him a chance to prove himself. I believe he is one of the great talents in the country, there is no doubt about that’’.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/don ... o-awoniyi/
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

King Futcha wrote:
‘’For me, Iheanacho was pushed to play as a center forward because of his goal-rate and how confident he is in scoring goals,’’ said Awoniyi. ‘’I have played with him a lot of times, when I play with him he’s best played as a number ten, behind the striker. This is where he played when we played together, all of a sudden he became a center forward and it has to do with what they discovered in him in Manchester City and Leicester City.

‘’When he was at Manchester City before he was moved to a number nine, he played the same position and he did great things for the team.’’ Awoniyi added : ‘’When the whites discover something special in you in terms of goalscoring, they will find a way to push you. Image

‘’The coach is the best person to know where he fits in, but I cannot give an advice where he should play. ‘’When he played as a number ten with me in the national team, he did a great job and also a number nine, so it depends on what the coach thinks.’’

On Iheanacho’s goalscoring troubles, Awoniyi said : ‘’In Leicester City they are not giving him game time, if a player is not playing there is no way you can get the best out of him, there is no way he can score goals when he doesn’t play.

‘’It has to do with the team not giving him a chance to prove himself. I believe he is one of the great talents in the country, there is no doubt about that’’.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/don ... o-awoniyi/
This is really nice of Awoniyi.
Great to see young players supporting each other in times of trouble. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Leicester sign Ayoze Perez from Newcastle - not looking good for Nacho

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... le-striker
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

jdizzy wrote:Leicester sign Ayoze Perez from Newcastle - not looking good for Nacho

I know right
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:Leicester sign Ayoze Perez from Newcastle - not looking good for Nacho

For 30 million pounds :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Money-miss-road league.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?