I’d bet money Eagles make the semis if...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
I’d bet money Eagles make the semis if...

Post by waka-man »

If they win the next game.

Everyone seems to see the Egypt game as a step too far. Understandable. They, along with Algeria, have been the best side this tournament.

Me? I’m much more worried about Ghana. But get past Ghana, and I think we have exactly the kind of side Egypt will struggle with:

Defensively well organised
Happy to play on the counter
Happy to stretch the game

I also doubt Egypt will mass the middle like lesser teams tend to do with us. They’ll try and play with a high press, try and build width, play out from the back, play triangles.

All that will play into our ball winning and ability to counter. And it’ll play into Rohr’s underdog mentality.

So I think if, and it’s a big if, if we get past Ghana, I like our chances of beating Egypt.

Then we’re done. The Semis, probably against Senegal, will be a bridge too far. Mane is back.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: I’d bet money Eagles make the semis if...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote:If they win the next game.

Everyone seems to see the Egypt game as a step too far. Understandable. They, along with Algeria, have been the best side this tournament.

Me? I’m much more worried about Ghana. But get past Ghana, and I think we have exactly the kind of side Egypt will struggle with:

I also doubt Egypt will mass the middle like lesser teams tend to do with us. They’ll try and play with a high press, try and build width, play out from the back, play triangles.

All that will play into our ball winning and ability to counter. And it’ll play into Rohr’s underdog mentality.

So I think if, and it’s a big if, if we get past Ghana, I like our chances of beating Egypt.

Then we’re done. The Semis, probably against Senegal, will be a bridge too far. Mane is back.
you are talking about Egypt smh...something is really wrong with some of you people.. you cannot win your group , you haven't even played RD 16 and you are already thinking Egypt..my goodness, are you people alright?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

you are talking about Egypt smh...something is really wrong with some of you people.. you cannot win your group , you haven't even played RD 16 and you are already thinking Egypt..my goodness, are you people alright?
I love the Pokey is asking if people are alright :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read the thread bro, before responding.
It specifically says the next round is a real challenge.
You really need to calm down. I know your life revolves around youthful things, but this really isn't that serious.

PS Being in the semi's has nothing to do with winning your group. You might not realise it, but after the first round, it's all head to head. Lots and lots and lots of examples of major tournaments where the eventual winner did not win their group.
Lord help us :shock: :shock: :shock:
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you do not get it, this team cannot score goals. This team lacks character to come back from a goal down... whenever they go a goal down they lose the game, it's a pattern
2 -0 loss to SA
2-1 Loss to Eng
2-0 loss to Croatia
2-1 loss to Argentina
2-0 loss to Madagascar

this team caves in after they go a goal down .. they have zero mental strength to come back( this is all the coach's fault) He has killed their mental strength with the term going to learn, no small team, no expectations etc .. we will get a participation cup or trophy .. the DNA of this team aint Nigerian
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We cannot meet Senegal until the final.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote:you do not get it, this team cannot score goals. This team lacks character to come back from a goal down... whenever they go a goal down they lose the game, it's a pattern
2 -0 loss to SA
2-1 Loss to Eng
2-0 loss to Croatia
2-1 loss to Argentina
2-0 loss to Madagascar

this team caves in after they go a goal down .. they have zero mental strength to come back( this is all the coach's fault) He has killed their mental strength with the term going to learn, no small team, no expectations etc .. we will get a participation cup or trophy .. the DNA of this team aint Nigerian
You see, that's a more reasoned response. You can do it! :clap:

Now, you have a point. We don't score much. And we don't have recent history of coming back.

But again, that's not my argument.
My argument is this: Ghana will be hard. We are not good against teams like that - pressing, fast, unpredictable.
But if, and it's a big if, if we get past them, I think Egypt (if they get through round of 16) are the kind of team we can scalp, 1-0.

That's all I'm saying bro. Shouldn't lead to much hyper-ventilation really.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Synopsis wrote:We cannot meet Senegal until the final.
I'm not sure that's right. Coming second in our group popped us into the other half of the draw. But I could be wrong.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If the team get to semi it will win it all.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Thank God we did not meet Madagascar in the round of 16. We would have sleep walked into a hurricane. To be honest,, the Eagles tend to do better when their backs are against the wall. The loss against Madagascar has probably put the right amount of pressure on the team and helped to reset fans expectations.. The SE will be ready for the next foe, whoever stands before us.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bros, if you think taking on Egypt in a knock out game in front of their home crowd is not gonna be a tall task, you need to share what you're drinking. I think we can win, but make no mistake, na war
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:you do not get it, this team cannot score goals. This team lacks character to come back from a goal down... whenever they go a goal down they lose the game, it's a pattern
2 -0 loss to SA
2-1 Loss to Eng
2-0 loss to Croatia
2-1 loss to Argentina
2-0 loss to Madagascar

He had no criteria on the players he selected,a club less Captain,a guy that can't even make the bench at newly relegated Brighton and Hove Albion a guy that plays in Isreal and a vice Captain in Saudi Arabia and the main striker plays in China the writing was on the wall but it shouldn't have got this bad even with a core of B listers,Madagascar shouldn't have been able to finish them off physically,mentally,spiritually and socially!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Losing one game is not the end of the world, yes it was a shocking and painful loss, here many teams that won the world cup as a runner up, its actually good we lost and still qualify, its a wake-up call for all. It pained me I did not eat for 2 days. I will talk as a Soldier in me, regroup, replan and go for the kill. I pray those of you dissing my darling eagles will eat your words soon.
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Losing one game is not the end of the world, yes it was a shocking and painful loss, here many teams that won the world cup as a runner up, its actually good we lost and still qualify, its a wake-up call for all. It pained me I did not eat for 2 days. I will talk as a Soldier in me, regroup, replan and go for the kill. I pray those of you dissing my darling eagles will eat your words soon.
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

valachi wrote:It pained me I did not eat for 2 days.
Really?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

valachi wrote:Losing one game is not the end of the world, yes it was a shocking and painful loss, here many teams that won the world cup as a runner up, its actually good we lost and still qualify, its a wake-up call for all. It pained me I did not eat for 2 days. I will talk as a Soldier in me, regroup, replan and go for the kill. I pray those of you dissing my darling eagles will eat your words soon.

Ah this team has no soja in dem o, they are like baby eagus now... no leader to drive the team ..especially when they met a well organized defence and go a goal behind.
We only win if the opponents play us open gamess
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

We will beat Cameroon but our journey ends against Egypt. They are not great, but it will take a mature performance to beat them and this set of Eagles just don't have it in them.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We will make the semis if we call-up Gambo Mohammed.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

My prediction is that eagles make the finals where they will bow to the Blacks Stars 3-1
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

They don't park the bus but play in clusters and high press just like the women's USA teams.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Then we’re done. The Semis, probably against Senegal, will be a bridge too far. Mane is back.
I disagree with your assessment of we (Nigeria) and Senegal if both teams meet in future. The Senegal I watched twice is not all that. However in games, anything can happen, so if Senegal wins if we meet them, it's not because they are better.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
waka-man wrote: Then we’re done. The Semis, probably against Senegal, will be a bridge too far. Mane is back.
I disagree with your assessment of we (Nigeria) and Senegal if both teams meet in future. The Senegal I watched twice is not all that. However in games, anything can happen, so if Senegal wins if we meet them, it's not because they are better.
Naija can only meet Senegal in the finals
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:My prediction is that eagles make the finals where they will bow to the Blacks Stars 3-1
Reverend Rawlings, your prediction is waaaaaay off. I doubt your team will make it that far, granted in games, any thing can happen
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.