We lost because

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
We lost because

Post by oloye »

I know we have a lot to say about our loss, but for me we lost simply because we could not make our play count. Ordega for all the chances she had on the ball, I lost count how many times she took the ball to the side line and then proceed to send the ball into nowhere. If Norway had all of those chances from the wings we would have been roasted beyond the 3 goals. In fact it was from one of their crosses that we conceded the third goal an own goal. That is what a good cross does to you, a good cross can be scored by both your own striker or the opposing defender.

If I am the one handling this team, they will spend the whole of the next training session training on crosses.

What is the point running down the line like a beautiful gazelle only to kick the ball like a mile?

Then I want to know why Oshoala believes she is the superwoman who can do everything. She runs all over the place but not really threatening anyone. I like hardwork, but hardwork that does not result into anything is as good as useless.

We lost because we simply did not look like scoring at all, it got to a point the Norwegians were no longer worried when we go tldown the flank, in fact they were praying for one of our ill fated crosses.

In football both teams will have chances, no matter how poor the other team might look, we had the opportunity to create chances but we were not clever enough with the ball.

I watched this team struggle against RSA in the final of the women's nations Cup, it was the same thing I observed howbeit against a lower quality RSA.

Odega runs and runs with the ball but her delivery I am sorry to say for all the hard running is rubbish. And then Oshoala, I want to know what her role is on the field. Yes she has pace, yes she is willing to run and work hard, but that does not mean running wild and wasting all your energy chasing shadows.

Those runs should be used to devastate the opponent, something I don't see. She should be aiming to run behind the defence not this wild running around like a squirel dosed up on sugar.

Then coming to our set up in itself, we were so porous in the middle, that we limited the damage to 3 was due to the hard work of the defence. But then with 3 attackers Odega, Oshoala and Desire(what a beautiful name), it was obvious which department will suffer.

We went into this game believing we have an attack that can bite, sadly it appeared they took out the teeth before we went in. We went in believing we can take the game to Norway, sorry our delivery simply did not threaten anyone.

That said, that ojor biased ref also did a good job neutralising us. The oyinbo are good at cheating too, it is subtle the way they go about it. There is a way a ref can become the 12th player of the opposing team, it is in the calls and margins.

If we were the bigger teams they would call against us, but here we were smaller and surprisingly that hopeless inept ref looked away when we were manhandled but would get excited and blow against us when we breathe at the Norwegians.

I think this is another tournament that we won't qualify, sorry to say, we still have a long way to go, but hey I see some improvements even if they are only marginal.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: We lost because

Post by Oguleftie »

oloye wrote:I know we have a lot to say about our loss, but for me we lost simply because we could not make our play count. Ordega for all the chances she had on the ball, I lost count how many times she took the ball to the side line and then proceed to send the ball into nowhere. If Norway had all of those chances from the wings we would have been roasted beyond the 3 goals. In fact it was from one of their crosses that we conceded the third goal an own goal. That is what a good cross does to you, a good cross can be scored by both your own striker or the opposing defender.

If I am the one handling this team, they will spend the whole of the next training session training on crosses.

What is the point running down the line like a beautiful gazelle only to kick the ball like a mile?

Then I want to know why Oshoala believes she is the superwoman who can do everything. She runs all over the place but not really threatening anyone. I like hardwork, but hardwork that does not result into anything is as good as useless.

We lost because we simply did not look like scoring at all, it got to a point the Norwegians were no longer worried when we go tldown the flank, in fact they were praying for one of our ill fated crosses.

In football both teams will have chances, no matter how poor the other team might look, we had the opportunity to create chances but we were not clever enough with the ball.

I watched this team struggle against RSA in the final of the women's nations Cup, it was the same thing I observed howbeit against a lower quality RSA.

Odega runs and runs with the ball but her delivery I am sorry to say for all the hard running is rubbish. And then Oshoala, I want to know what her role is on the field. Yes she has pace, yes she is willing to run and work hard, but that does not mean running wild and wasting all your energy chasing shadows.

Those runs should be used to devastate the opponent, something I don't see. She should be aiming to run behind the defence not this wild running around like a squirel dosed up on sugar.

Then coming to our set up in itself, we were so porous in the middle, that we limited the damage to 3 was due to the hard work of the defence. But then with 3 attackers Odega, Oshoala and Desire(what a beautiful name), it was obvious which department will suffer.

We went into this game believing we have an attack that can bite, sadly it appeared they took out the teeth before we went in. We went in believing we can take the game to Norway, sorry our delivery simply did not threaten anyone.

That said, that ojor biased ref also did a good job neutralising us. The oyinbo are good at cheating too, it is subtle the way they go about it. There is a way a ref can become the 12th player of the opposing team, it is in the calls and margins.

If we were the bigger teams they would call against us, but here we were smaller and surprisingly that hopeless inept ref looked away when we were manhandled but would get excited and blow against us when we breathe at the Norwegians.

I think this is another tournament that we won't qualify, sorry to say, we still have a long way to go, but hey I see some improvements even if they are only marginal.
You do not listen to them; you listen to me.
They are not good ballers; let nobody fool you.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

17th defeat at the WWC is frustrating, but the 2nd half was better - something to build on. Our women's program surely needs to grow. A lot of these girls have not improved since their youth days. I remember Oshoala at the u20 WC final rounding the German keeper at the exact same spot she did today. She ended up doing the exact same thing i.e. try to score from an impossible angle instead of looking up first, and patiently squaring to the wide open team mate.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The coach is trash
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oloye wrote:I know we have a lot to say about our loss, but for me we lost simply because we could not make our play count. Ordega for all the chances she had on the ball, I lost count how many times she took the ball to the side line and then proceed to send the ball into nowhere. If Norway had all of those chances from the wings we would have been roasted beyond the 3 goals. In fact it was from one of their crosses that we conceded the third goal an own goal. That is what a good cross does to you, a good cross can be scored by both your own striker or the opposing defender.

I am fine with everything you wrote except about the Referee.

The difference between us and advanced footballing nations is we expect the ref to do their job and those other people don't. So they work very hard to influence the referee. Those other countries teach their players from an early age how to foul without getting caught, how to complain to the ref to get the desired result. We see all the European and south American countries do this in the world cup all the time so it looks to us like the ref is cheating for them.

Even our coaches don't know how to complain, but you See Mourinho and Wenger attacking the ref in the press even before they play the game. They are just looking for a psychological advantage to influence the ref.

I have said this before, we need to incorporate this into our football by appointing a referee to each national team to teach them how to complain and influence the referee during the game to get results.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

JACKAL wrote:

The difference between us and advanced footballing nations is we expect the ref to do their job and those other people don't. So they work very hard to influence the referee. Those other countries teach their players from an early age how to foul without getting caught, how to complain to the ref to get the desired result. We see all the European and south American countries do this in the world cup all the time so it looks to us like the ref is cheating for them.

Even our coaches don't know how to complain, but you See Mourinho and Wenger attacking the ref in the press even before they play the game. They are just looking for a psychological advantage to influence the ref.

I have said this before, we need to incorporate this into our football by appointing a referee to each national team to teach them how to complain and influence the referee during the game to get results.
Yet there are rules about surrounding the ref and gesticulating yellow or red card. Crucially there's also VAR now.
We are never going to win whatever we do. Get an African team to start doing all that and it would still be a different story. Refs should just do their job, SIMPLE
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Yet there are rules about surrounding the ref and gesticulating yellow or red card. Crucially there's also VAR now.
We are never going to win whatever we do. Get an African team to start doing all that and it would still be a different story. Refs should just do their job, SIMPLE
Thank you, my brother! That's exactly what I think as well
Last edited by Odas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

PaJ

You have a point but these things count. Its about putting doubts in the refs mind so that they think twice before they put whistle to mouth. This isn't about manhandling the ref which is a complete no in my books. Its about using emotional intelligence which is something all players should be aware of. Players do it covertly during games. At this level you use all the available tools in the "dark arts" for any possible gains.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

You can still work within the rules of the game and get results. You see those other teams bring the attention of the referee to every call they miss. Its not against the rules to tell the ref he missed a call. The ref will miss a call every now and then...they are only human

You saw Giroud Elbow Mikel in the face at the 2002 WC and no one said a word and mIkel got up and kept playing. If it was the other way around Giroud would have been rolling on the ground for 5 minutes. That's how you get the refs attention..not by crowding him with 10 players and breaking the rules.

We saw Macherano in the last WC with blood pouring profusely down his face in the last 20 minutes of the game agaisnt us and no one...not even our coach said anything...The rules said he was supposed to leave the game, get stitched up and change his uniform. No one on our team said anything... it would have given us a tactical advantge in the last 20 minutes of the game if he had been kick off for a while....

You need to know the rules and know how to use it to your advantage if you are going to play the game.!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

What Jackal does happen...when Graham was coach at Arsenal, he used to tell the played to call the ref a cheat not all at once and not by the same person....

Just complain about every foul...

Tell the ref to call it fair....

Point to their player call him a diver or that he fouls persistently with no warning

Complain about everything even your goal kick.

One person does it, the ref can stand against them but if it is the whole team taking turns....u can’t send them all off.

It might sound naive but use race....I watch match after match, a black girl tackles a white girl iit is like murder but the other way round....it is like the black girl should get used to it. It is not inherent racism but subconscious.

Same way u cross the road if ur walking down an alley and see a black youth with hoodie on.....

That said, that’s not the reason we lost....the front line was useless and panicky. Same as the U-20
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

pajimoh wrote:Yet there are rules about surrounding the ref and gesticulating yellow or red card. Crucially there's also VAR now.
Thank you!

Unfortunately, these Oyinbo teams start influencing the officiating well BEFORE the first whistle is blown. Once they are drawn in a group with an African team, at EVERY opportunity, press conference or interview, they NEVER fail to mention how they will have to cope with the "physicality" of Africans.
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I may have to watch the game again (if I can bear it)...
But I believe most of those poor crosses came from Ohale.

I actually liked Ordega's performance today. She ran at the defense constantly and repeatedly took on defenders, but unfortunately it was not so much as her end product being poor but the reality is that virtually NO (or at best just one) other player would try to get into the box when she made it to the end line. Accordingly, when she puts a ball in there are only Norwegian defenders to meet it.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The WORST thing about Nigerian teams (and not just the Falcons) is...
If I need to use the restroom or grab a drink, I just wait until we win a corner-kick! :lol:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

greg wrote:17th defeat at the WWC is frustrating, but the 2nd half was better - something to build on. Our women's program surely needs to grow. A lot of these girls have not improved since their youth days. I remember Oshoala at the u20 WC final rounding the German keeper at the exact same spot she did today. She ended up doing the exact same thing i.e. try to score from an impossible angle instead of looking up first, and patiently squaring to the wide open team mate.
Second half seemed better you men, wasn't necessarily better. Norway probably felt victory was already secured thus took their foot off the gas. You get the impression if they needed to score more goals they could've. Very misleading.

They have similar flaws as the male team. They don't seem to work on set pieces. Nigerian players think training is just about jogging around and doing passing and dribbling drills. Set pieces are a sure way to score or at least break down the opposition's defence when your offense is struggling. But we seem uninterested in putting in the required work.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
greg wrote:17th defeat at the WWC is frustrating, but the 2nd half was better - something to build on. Our women's program surely needs to grow. A lot of these girls have not improved since their youth days. I remember Oshoala at the u20 WC final rounding the German keeper at the exact same spot she did today. She ended up doing the exact same thing i.e. try to score from an impossible angle instead of looking up first, and patiently squaring to the wide open team mate.
Second half seemed better you men, wasn't necessarily better. Norway probably felt victory was already secured thus took their foot off the gas. You get the impression if they needed to score more goals they could've. Very misleading.

They have similar flaws as the male team. They don't seem to work on set pieces. Nigerian players think training is just about jogging around and doing passing and dribbling drills. Set pieces are a sure way to score or at least break down the opposition's defence when your offense is struggling. But we seem uninterested in putting in the required work.
What makes you think that the team don't work on set pieces? Teams usually would work on those things behind close doors or when the press is not there not to give away what they are working on. They do the normal things like jogging and what not when the press or the cameras are around. With that said, I think the issue with Naija teams is we don't have set piece or dead ball specialists like we use to do. That is what we need to work on or find.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enyi wrote:What Jackal does happen...when Graham was coach at Arsenal, he used to tell the played to call the ref a cheat not all at once and not by the same person....

Just complain about every foul...

Tell the ref to call it fair....

Point to their player call him a diver or that he fouls persistently with no warning

Complain about everything even your goal kick.

One person does it, the ref can stand against them but if it is the whole team taking turns....u can’t send them all off.

It might sound naive but use race....I watch match after match, a black girl tackles a white girl iit is like murder but the other way round....it is like the black girl should get used to it. It is not inherent racism but subconscious.

Same way u cross the road if ur walking down an alley and see a black youth with hoodie on.....

That said, that’s not the reason we lost....the front line was useless and panicky. Same as the U-20
Thank You Enyi…

We need to stop being naïve. World cup after World we come here and complain about the refs... They cant all be racist or blind only to African teams!! You may all laugh at Neymar for Rolling on the floor from a light touch, but trust me...that stuff works. South Americans and Europeans look for every advantage they can get...and they study the rules of the game and use it effectively during the games. Look at all European leagues we watch every Saturday.. You see the players point out every seeming infringement during the game. Looking for Red Cards, hand balls in the box, using professional fouls to stop the flow of the game when the other team is on the ascendancy. The use the ref to help them win the game. Most of the time the Ref is an unwitting accomplice.

When are we going to grow the fuckkk up ????
Last edited by JACKAL on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Yet there are rules about surrounding the ref and gesticulating yellow or red card. Crucially there's also VAR now.
Thank you!

Unfortunately, these Oyinbo teams start influencing the officiating well BEFORE the first whistle is blown. Once they are drawn in a group with an African team, at EVERY opportunity, press conference or interview, they NEVER fail to mention how they will have to cope with the "physicality" of Africans.

Do you think this happens by chance or its Orchestrated ???

WE NEED TO GROW THE FUCKKKK UP AND START DOING THE SAME THING !!!

There are only 2 Nigerian players today who try to use and influence the ref to get results: Ighalo and Balogun
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

JACKAL wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Thank you!

Do you think this happens by chance or its Orchestrated ???

WE NEED TO GROW THE FUCKKKK UP AND START DOING THE SAME THING !!!

There are only 2 Nigerian players today who try to use and influence the ref to get results: Ighalo and Balogun
Hope the phrase “start influencing” was not too difficult for you to understand? :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I did not see us scoring even if that match went on for three hours. Did their goalkeeper even have one save to make?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:The WORST thing about Nigerian teams (and not just the Falcons) is...
If I need to use the restroom or grab a drink, I just wait until we win a corner-kick! :lol:
>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so true.

Learned that lesson in 94. Went to the fridge to get a beer to celebrate our impending victory against Italy. Next thing I hear, na gooooooal for Italy. I drop beer.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
Thank you!

You never lie. It is done intentionally. Planting the idea in the minds of the officials.

Our coach should do the same and accuse FIFA and their refs of bias. Not directly but say somn like, "we are hoping for a fairly officiated game... not one where any 50-50 call goes the way of the team expected to win..."
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

We lot simply because they were the better team.

We have a couple of talented players. But it is appalling at this level simple things like passing and control will be our downfall.

The first goal cam from a silly defensive mistake. The norwegians were about to take a corner and stationed two players at the corner post. Our players decided to send only one defender. Everyone knows that another defender is suppose to join up in these kind of situation so that you do not have a 2 vs 1 situation.

I think the norwegians are competent footballers, they do the simple things really well. Passing, control, off the ball movements, tackles etc.

I also noticed they attack enmasse. They build up play pretty quickly and the midfielders and full backs over lap and join the attack giving them the numbers in attack. This is modern football, being able to switch enmasse from attack to defence swiftly.

Our team was more regimented with all our players sticking to their roles. Ordega did well but our wingers were always quick to release the ball early with a cross. The problem is the striker is being marked by 3+ defenders and cannot get to the cross. In these situations players need to be patient and allow the midfielders to overlap. There needs to be some form of trickery and ingenuity in order to get a goal.

Overall I do not think we stand a chance in this tournament. There seems to be a fundamental problem of quality that needs to be addressed. Players cannot be misplacing passes in the midfield that result in goals. We need to build players that are proficient with basic football skills and knowledgeable with modern football tactics.

It has not been a good year for Nigerian football so far with the mess that was the u20 team.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What makes you think that the team don't work on set pieces? Teams usually would work on those things behind close doors or when the press is not there not to give away what they are working on. They do the normal things like jogging and what not when the press or the cameras are around. With that said, I think the issue with Naija teams is we don't have set piece or dead ball specialists like we use to do. That is what we need to work on or find.
I didn't say they didn't work on it (I don't know that), however what I did say is they didn't put in what was required. That is obvious. If you watch free kick takers you will know those that have worked on it well enough. Neither the Falcons or Eagles indicate that.

Taking free kicks/crosses is a science, nurture over nature, you need to put in the work. Stay back after almost every practice and take like a hundred of them. For example, back in the day Okocka worked on it, Kanu didn't.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯