No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
airwolex wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I am not a fan of foreign coaches in general but he has done a good job. But after the WC debacle if he does not qualify from the group then he gats to go.
What WC debacle?
We had a poor run of results in preparation matches prior to the Tourney which was an early pointer to poor form and questionable tactics.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't qualify from the WC group stages.

Stephen Keshi did that on far less the support given to Rohr.

Let's be fair!
Bro we lost against the finalist Croatia and Argentina. We beat Iceland...that's as good as that team was doing even if Klopp was coaching.
Overly simplistic way of looking at things, if we delve more into the details we will see that the coach had a chance to influence our chances of getting a result against Argentina and making the second round - regardless how good Argentina were, but failed woefully. With 5 minutes left we had the result we needed and had subs we could make to help close out a game. This is where a better more proactive coach would have made appropriate defensive changes rather than just sit on his hands while his team were under siege.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

All these Delusional idiots think there are still easy team at the WC. They don’t consider facts, statistics, data but will be arrogant with their foolish mouth. Your team were the “Lowest ranked” in that group, your team had the 3rd lowest rated players in that group supported by unfavorable referees and you’re insulting the coach for losing to a team better than you LOL “Delusional idiots” this is exactly how they were running their mouth calling Croatia world class midfielders as “Old men” that will be taught a football lesson by ndidi and co. The rest is history. Can you imagine Madagascar suggesting they sack their coach for losing to Nigeria??
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The way football is going now, if you get to Win “any game” at the World Cup, that’s a plus. There are no more easy teams or the easy teams are far and few between
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

john12 wrote:Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp
The guy is so annoying, he's talking about on paper, when we are dealing with reality of what actually happened. Who cares about paper, with 5 minutes to go we had the result we needed, but were under siege and our defense was bending, Rohr sat on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs. But according to john we should just be content we got to play in the WC...we shouldn't take opportunities presented to us as we don't deserve to beat any team that has players in better leagues than us. But then with the same keyboard he will say regardless of whether we lose to teams like Burundi (who we have better players than) Rohr cannot be fired...talk about talking from both sides of your mouth.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Knock-out :D
maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
airwolex wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I am not a fan of foreign coaches in general but he has done a good job. But after the WC debacle if he does not qualify from the group then he gats to go.
What WC debacle?
We had a poor run of results in preparation matches prior to the Tourney which was an early pointer to poor form and questionable tactics.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't qualify from the WC group stages.

Stephen Keshi did that on far less the support given to Rohr.

Let's be fair!
Bro we lost against the finalist Croatia and Argentina. We beat Iceland...that's as good as that team was doing even if Klopp was coaching.
Overly simplistic way of looking at things, if we delve more into the details we will see that the coach had a chance to influence our chances of getting a result against Argentina and making the second round - regardless how good Argentina were, but failed woefully. With 5 minutes left we had the result we needed and had subs we could make to help close out a game. This is where a better more proactive coach would have made appropriate defensive changes rather than just sit on his hands while his team were under siege.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp
The guy is so annoying, he's talking about on paper, when we are dealing with reality of what actually happened. Who cares about paper, with 5 minutes to go we had the result we needed, but were under siege and our defense was bending, Rohr sat on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs. But according to john we should just be content we got to play in the WC...we shouldn't take opportunities presented to us as we don't deserve to beat any team that has players in better leagues than us. But then with the same keyboard he will say regardless of whether we lose to teams like Burundi (who we have better players than) Rohr cannot be fired...talk about talking from both sides of your mouth.
So all this hatorade is based on one failed decision in 5 crucial minutes of football?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I wonder what you guys woulda said had he made the recommended change and we still conceded that losing goal.

One can only imagine..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Can you not say our tactics was good enough? Please, what other tactics should he had used? Attack Argentina with the likes of Messi, aguero, demaria against you?? Can you not say that he took our best goalie? Please, what was his options available? Also, I supported late Keshi after World Cup, but Keshi got terminated for failing to qualify us for ANC had nothing to do with World Cup. Rohr as of this moment is owed salaries in arrears but because you don’t here him complaining, you think all is well. Personally, I don’t think Amodu deserved termination in 2002 or 2010 after qualifying is for WC and I would had also backed him like I am doing for rohr. Just because amodu was unfairly treated dosent mean ROhR should also be unfairly treated
Last edited by john12 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Can you not say our tactics was good enough? Please, what other tactics should he had used? Attack Argentina with the likes of Messi, aguero, demaria against you?? Can you not say that he took our best goalie? Please, what was his options available? Also, I supported late Keshi after World Cup, but Keshi got terminated for failing to qualify us for ANC had nothing to do with World Cup. Rohr as of this moment is owed salaries in arrears but because you don’t here him complaining, you think all is well. Personally, I don’t think Amodu deserves termination in 2002 or 2010 after qualifying is for WC and I would had also backed him like I am doing for rohr. Just because amodu was unfairly treated dosent mean ROhR should also be unfairly treated
This is what we have been saying for over a year now but they seem to think the moronic treatment of Keshi, Amodu, Oliseh and Siasia should be repeated with Rohr in the name of 'fairness' and 'racial equality' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How moronic is that? :idea:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:Can you not say our tactics was good enough? Please, what other tactics should he had used? Attack Argentina with the likes of Messi, aguero, demaria against you?? Can you not say that he took our best goalie? Please, what was his options available? Also, I supported late Keshi after World Cup, but Keshi got terminated for failing to qualify us for ANC had nothing to do with World Cup. Rohr as of this moment is owed salaries in arrears but because you don’t here him complaining, you think all is well. Personally, I don’t think Amodu deserves termination in 2002 or 2010 after qualifying is for WC and I would had also backed him like I am doing for rohr. Just because amodu was unfairly treated dosent mean ROhR should also be unfairly treated
This is what we have been saying for over a year now but they seem to think the moronic treatment of Keshi, Amodu, Oliseh and Siasia should be repeated with Rohr in the name of 'fairness' and 'racial equality' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
IMHO, that is a dangerous baseline to use. It focuses on being fair to the coaches. How about being fair to NIGERIA? The latter, in my opinion, should be the focus and not on what happened to any other previous coach. Keep the EYE on the REAL PRICE -- NIGERIA.

While, it makes little sense to fire the coach just because he does not win AFCON it also makes no sense to leave him around if he fails to reach the medal round. My take is that getting to that medal round is the threshold.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp
So all this hatorade is based on one failed decision in 5 crucial minutes of football?
I wonder what you guys woulda said had he made the recommended change and we still conceded that losing goal.

We would say he made the right changes but it just didn't work, but to not make any changes and just sitting there hoping is the signs of a poor coach. Yes, these 5 minutes are the types of moments that differentiate levels of coaches, I'm sure you know that...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp

We would say he made the right changes but it just didn't work, but to not make any changes and just sitting there hoping is the signs of a poor coach. Yes, these 5 minutes are the types of moments that differentiate levels of coaches, I'm sure you know that...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lai-lai!!!!

Maceo, you should know your people by now. They will say he made the WRONG choice.
Those who have no love for him will always choose the negative.

"Why would he make changes so late in the game when we were 5 minutes away from qualifying at 0-0?"
"Why unbalance the team? The substitute needed time to adjust and that's why they scored!!"
"Why leave the substitution so late? To what purpose?"
"Why remove a striker for a defender when we were so close to scoring with 5 mins to go?"
"This Rohr guy is so negative and totally clueless!"

You really believe our fans will take a rational view after a defeat in such circumstances?
I've not even added the personal insults that will be embedded in those comments. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
IMHO, that is a dangerous baseline to use. It focuses on being fair to the coaches. How about being fair to NIGERIA? The latter, in my opinion, should be the focus and not on what happened to any other previous coach. Keep the EYE on the REAL PRICE -- NIGERIA.

While, it makes little sense to fire the coach just because he does not win AFCON it also makes no sense to leave him around if he fails to reach the medal round. My take is that getting to that medal round is the threshold.
Exactly what I told Cellular. Two absurd extremes neither of which is worth even debating.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
what lesson
just shaaaarrrrraaaapppp

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lai-lai!!!!

Maceo, you should know your people by now. They will say he made the WRONG choice.
Those who have no love for him will always choose the negative.

"Why would he make changes so late in the game when we were 5 minutes away from qualifying at 0-0?"
"Why unbalance the team? The substitute needed time to adjust and that's why they scored!!"
"Why leave the substitution so late? To what purpose?"
"Why remove a striker for a defender when we were so close to scoring with 5 mins to go?"
"This Rohr guy is so negative and totally clueless!"

You really believe our fans will take a rational view after a defeat in such circumstances?
I've not even added the personal insults that will be embedded in those comments. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't say what other people would do, but I can only speak for myself. I'm not overly critical of Rohr as he's done a good job, I just dislike folks on either extreme, who feel he can do no wrong or he can't do anything right. John is an extremist and very annoying at that, it doesn't hurt to be balanced, call a spade a spade. There is no way you can justify not making any adjustments (doesn't have to be a sub self, he could have pushed his strikers back to defend with everybody etc) when your team is under siege with the golden ticket in hand. Its called closing out a game, and he did it rather poorly, and I don't see why that is so difficult to admit. That doesn't mean he needs to go or he's useless or whatever, but it was a poor decision that he probably himself regrets. But I hope he's learned from it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!