No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: No matter ANC results ROHR must Continue

Post by john12 »

Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Burundi, Madagascar and Guinea..nah power houses :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

john12 wrote:Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.

Let me ask you a question. Going by your logic of rating teams based on which leagues their players play in, does Nigeria have any business losing to any team in our group? After all these teams in our group, their players are all playing in 'backwater leagues'.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This John fella definitely stays somewhere in Colorado with Ohenhen, and they both happen to share the same weed supplier out there... cause some of the sh*t those two post on here makes me scratch my head in wonder sometimes.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
john12 wrote:Nigeria fans here are delusional entitled prick. I said it prior to World Cup and I will say it again. This is exactly how they were running their mouth and insulting Croatia midfield prior to World Cup until modric, perisic and co taught them a football lesson.

Let me ask you a question. Going by your logic of rating teams based on which leagues their players play in, does Nigeria have any business losing to any team in our group? After all these teams in our group, their players are all playing in 'backwater leagues'.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Logical as your point might be, the reverse argument also holds water:
If you think league 'status' does not count, then what right do Nigerians have to assume that those nations full of 'backwater league' players have no right beating Nigeria?

We fully 'expect' to beat Croatia and Argentina with their superior players yet believe Madagascar and Seychelles have no right beating us. That's why this whole debate is farcical.

To quote the late, great Stephen Keshi, "Di'is fuball....anytin can happun". :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

If you think league 'status' does not count, then what right do Nigerians have to assume that those nations full of 'backwater league' players have no right beating Nigeria?

We fully 'expect' to beat Croatia and Argentina with their superior players yet believe Madagascar and Seychelles have no right beating us. That's why this whole debate is farcical.

To quote the late, great Stephen Keshi, "Di'is fuball....anytin can happun". :idea:
KPOMKWEM!!! Nothing else to add. It cuts both ways.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

Fact not feelings!

Why are you guys swallowing another man's panadol?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mystic wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

Fact not feelings!

Could it be maybe their head no dey house?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mystic wrote:
john12 wrote:Like I said, no matter the results he must continue. I evaluated the entire situation before creating this thread and I feel it’s logical. This is a team that has failed to QUALIFY for the last 2 ANC and inaija you’re mandating him to WIN anc or termination LOL. We must learn to follow “Due process” in this country. We must learn to be humble and cut that entitlement out of our system

Rohr has done a terrific job so far but every coach is evaluated by the performance of his team. Now does Nigeria have to win the Nations Cup for Rohr to be retained?

No. That would be pure foolishness. But it is also pure foolishness to say that he be retained no matter what.
What terrific job?

The problem with the Eagles was started by Pinnick. Do we praise him for quenching the fire he started? From sabotaging the team (locking them out) during the run up to us winning the AFCON to them refusing to board the plane for the Confederation cup. To the WC fiasco in Brazil... yet Keshi got to the second round despite the obvious sabotage and Naijaria being the lowest ranked team in their group.

It wasn't enough. Pinnick wanted his own guy... hired African Guardiola who absconded and Siasia came on a rescue mission. So when folks say we didn't make it to back-to-back AFCON, point the blame at Pinnick. He did hire Rohr who lost to SA at home... enough grounds to be fired on the spot.

He is yet to do anything a local coach hasn't done.

Some natives like Agent John want to retain him regardless of his performance at the AFCON. The same native was happy and justified someone saying that they went to the WC with Naijaria to gain experience.

At the AFCON, we are now not to expect even a Golden Bronze?

What f##$%rry is this?

The AFCON should be a referendum on Pinnick and his coach.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

We have to be aiming to get to the quarters in 2022.
To do that, you need a team that can be continental heavyweights now.
I think Rohr has done a decent job and brought respect and order to the national team. He’s not been afraid to change things but he’s not changed them for the sake of it.
But you have to see progress after 3 years. And a semi-final is the bare minimum. After all, semifinals got Amodu sacked twice, despite WC qualification.
But playing in Egypt and with Senegal in particular looking strong, I’d take a semi as a sign that we are on the right track. Less than that and we at least have to evaluate his position.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:Some natives like Agent John want to retain him regardless of his performance at the AFCON. The same native was happy and justified someone saying that they went to the WC with Naijaria to gain experience.
Chief, though this absurd position might be true for a few, it is not representative of the pro-Rohr group.
It is no more representative of us than is the point that "regardless of Rohr's performance at AFCON, he should be sacked" representative of the anti-Rohr 'group of natives'
It is an equally absurd position.

So is there any gain referring to either of these points of view because they do not further one's argument and simply serve as strawmen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The Croatian team was good but wasn’t that great.....teach a footballing lesson....not really, that game was the worst game of the WC....both team looked lethargic. The issue was that Nigeria and Argentina gave Croatia a platform and they maximised it....they run guaranteed semi finals or finals.

Anyways that past tense now, you are acting just as delusional as said “Nigerian fans” just the other end of the spectrum.

You really think that if we lose to the likes of Madagascar, Burundi, Guinea.....he should keep his job!!!

What’s the point!!! There is no Croatia in AFCON, we are among the favourites but I am not saying that we should win it. If we lose to the likes of Senegal, Egypt and co.... that’s understandable but to lose out in our group....and not get sacked....THATS MADNESS!!! :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

john12 wrote:Rohr inherited a team that was ranked 60th and had missed 2 back to back ANC prior to his appointment. He qualified us for the World Cup in a group of death and also performed Ok at that World Cup. Not good or bad) afterwards, he has qualified us again for our 1st ANC in 6 years. The man has improved SE with the talents available and his team is a combination of youth, experience, hard work and knowledge. There are no more unnecessary beefs, disharmony and arguments in camps and selections are now based on merits. For this reason, he should continue after ANC irrespective of the results. We must follow “Due process” in this country and in order to achieve anything meaningful, you must be prepared to wait.

All these are not enough reasons. The decision for him to continue should ideally be weighted by the currency and consistency of the performance of the team under his watch
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

My problem with Rohr is that the future of the SE depends on him. The likelihood that the likes of Okonkwo, Balogun or even Saka playing for the SE or younger incarnations is if the SE do well.

How the u-20 coach took the toothless strike force to he WC when Balogun was willing to play for him is still irking.

The SE needs to turn up kill the teams in the group lose by some unlucky circumstance then fine but if he draws against anyone in the group....he needs to respect himself and leave....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rohr drew Uganda and Zimbabwe at home..lost to SA at home and defeated Tanzania and Seychelles 1 nill and them say we should keep him.. :rotf:
SuperEagles

hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

The minimum requirement informally laid out for prior Nigerian coaches as per the ANC level in recent years in terms of performance was getting to the semis. From 1990 onwards.

Westerhof x3 (3 semis including 2 finals with. 1 win
Ahmodu (3 semis including 1 final)
CCC - 1 semi
Eguaveon 1 semi
Keshi - 1 semi including a final and winning medal

Those who DNQ for the finals were rightfully sacked never mind the shenanigans by the FA in the process.

As long as I have been actively following Nigerian football from Hamilton/Hoener in the late 80s and my patchy recollection of the late Uhmeze and Onigbinde v1.0, Nigerian coaches for all that short comings have been dealt a comparatively poorer deal than their foreign counterparts but have matched the output of those same guys. The same FA the pretty much sabotaged Italia 90 for us by bringing in westerhof at the last minute over a Paul Hamilton with the Rufai airport saga etc.

The only foreign coach in living memory that has been mistreated by the powers that be was a Philip Troussier who was dumped because of Nwobodo if my memory serves me correctly despite qualifying the Eagles for France 1998 with one game to spare.

What is the essence of all this history ? just to bring certain facts to light.

Rohr has done a decent job. I personally feel he underachieved at the World Cup but he did an incredible job of qualifying the team there from a difficult group and was understated in how he went about doing it. For that alone he deserves a second chance. I was never amongst those who felt he ought to be sacked in the basis of our WC performance. The stability factor was certainly required. He has however had a full cycle of 2 major competition qualification processes.

He now has to match the minimum requirement set by those before him or he gets given the sack.

I do not expect winning the damn thing to be a minimum requirement but the semis or out.

The last guy that fell short of that was the hapless Vogts and he rightly went back to Germany.

The standards should not be lowered for Rohr much as he comes across as likeable. By NFF standards he has been provided much more support than many of those who held the position in the past.

I wish him all the best and will be rooting for him and the Eagles to succeed.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

oscar52 wrote:I am not a fan of foreign coaches in general but he has done a good job. But after the WC debacle if he does not qualify from the group then he gats to go.
What WC debacle?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Hard to say "no matter ANC results", he must continue, but I would agree that by and large, he has been successful.

I most admire his maturity in dealing with his players/the public. He rarely speaks out of turn, knows exactly what to say, and is even culturally sensitive. I really don't miss the days of Nigerian coaches constantly warring with one party or the other (players, press, NFA). Even when the NFF were owing him salary, he never fussed...just addressed it as maturely as he could, and doused the tension.

My biggest issue with him are his substitutions, and his conservative approach to game management. He needs a bit more risk-taker in him during a game....just a bit.

But yes, in my opinion, he has optimized the talent available to him.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:agree: :clap:
Babalawo wrote:Anything short or a 3rd place finish he has to go! The goal is to win! I don’t think most of you got hired at your job and given Mediocre expectations.
:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:This John fella definitely stays somewhere in Colorado with Ohenhen, and they both happen to share the same weed supplier out there... cause some of the sh*t those two post on here makes me scratch my head in wonder sometimes.
I think there are 3 people like that, and you tobi are the 3rd person..sometimes your delusion is 2nd to none
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote:
mystic wrote:
john12 wrote:Like I said, no matter the results he must continue. I evaluated the entire situation before creating this thread and I feel it’s logical. This is a team that has failed to QUALIFY for the last 2 ANC and inaija you’re mandating him to WIN anc or termination LOL. We must learn to follow “Due process” in this country. We must learn to be humble and cut that entitlement out of our system

Rohr has done a terrific job so far but every coach is evaluated by the performance of his team. Now does Nigeria have to win the Nations Cup for Rohr to be retained?

No. That would be pure foolishness. But it is also pure foolishness to say that he be retained no matter what.
What terrific job?

The problem with the Eagles was started by Pinnick. Do we praise him for quenching the fire he started? From sabotaging the team (locking them out) during the run up to us winning the AFCON to them refusing to board the plane for the Confederation cup. To the WC fiasco in Brazil... yet Keshi got to the second round despite the obvious sabotage and Naijaria being the lowest ranked team in their group.

It wasn't enough. Pinnick wanted his own guy... hired African Guardiola who absconded and Siasia came on a rescue mission. So when folks say we didn't make it to back-to-back AFCON, point the blame at Pinnick. He did hire Rohr who lost to SA at home... enough grounds to be fired on the spot.

He is yet to do anything a local coach hasn't done.

Some natives like Agent John want to retain him regardless of his performance at the AFCON. The same native was happy and justified someone saying that they went to the WC with Naijaria to gain experience.

At the AFCON, we are now not to expect even a Golden Bronze?

What f##$%rry is this?

The AFCON should be a referendum on Pinnick and his coach.
Go and check your facts! Galadima was NFF President in that period and not Pinnick.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
mystic wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:

Fact not feelings!
Could it be maybe their head no dey house?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.