Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What are our chances?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 4980
Location: No man's land
During our 2013 win can't remember who listed why he felt we will win.
He listed the opposition were not at their best amongst other reason for why he felt we will win.
Please can the person kindly state our chances this time around.

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 25715
Location: The Kingdom
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13913
My top 5 picks in order

1. Senegal
2. Nigeria
3. Morocco
4. Egypt
5. CIV


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22337
Location: Ukwuani
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

Whaaaaat? Lolly, na wetin? If we make it out of the group? If we don't make it out of the group, not only
should the coach be fired, but the players should be BANNED from playing for us in their lifetime

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 4980
Location: No man's land
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

I believe we will make it out of the group. It's after that I pray for our world cup qualifiers kind of efficiency.

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2548
If Rohr goes with a 4-4-2 formation, we should be able to score goals with the attacking talents we have...our only major problem will be a biting lack of creativity in the midfield... so all our attacks will have to come from the wings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2723
Location: U.S
imehjunior wrote:
During our 2013 win can't remember who listed why he felt we will win.
He listed the opposition were not at their best amongst other reason for why he felt we will win.
Please can the person kindly state our chances this time around.




The SE will win the nations cup, the combination of experienced midfielders and fast tricky attackers will be unstoppable. Rohr is lucky to be at the SE job at a time like this. The SE will also be hard to score against and I will give rohr the credit for that. Simple and plain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82135
Location: Earth
Tobi17 wrote:
If Rohr goes with a 4-4-2 formation, we should be able to score goals with the attacking talents we have...our only major problem will be a biting lack of creativity in the midfield... so all our attacks will have to come from the wings.

Delusional de grandeur...The SE wont even make it past the 2nd round..4 games and out.

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:46 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39986
Location: UK
9jaMan wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
During our 2013 win can't remember who listed why he felt we will win.
He listed the opposition were not at their best amongst other reason for why he felt we will win.
Please can the person kindly state our chances this time around.




The SE will win the nations cup, the combination of experienced midfielders and fast tricky attackers will be unstoppable. Rohr is lucky to be at the SE job at a time like this. The SE will also be hard to score against and I will give rohr the credit for that. Simple and plain
Some people will tell you that you make your own luck. You can have all the talent in the world at your disposal but first you have to identify and choose them.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39986
Location: UK
Odas wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

Whaaaaat? Lolly, na wetin? If we make it out of the group? If we don't make it out of the group, not only
should the coach be fired, but the players should be BANNED from playing for us in their lifetime
Sacking the coach is still understandable but banning the players?
That's what we used to do in prehistoric times! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39986
Location: UK
imehjunior wrote:
During our 2013 win can't remember who listed why he felt we will win.
He listed the opposition were not at their best amongst other reason for why he felt we will win.
Please can the person kindly state our chances this time around.
With a breakdown of the other main contenders like Senegal, Egypt, Morocco, Ivory Coast etc

Meanwhile, here are the odds according to one website https://www.sportytrader.com/en/betting ... afcon-507/

Who will win AFCON 2019?

Quote:
Egypt - 7/2
Ghana - 5/1
Nigeria - 6/1
Senegal - 13/2
Ivory Coast - 7/1


Algeria - 8/1
Morocco - 8/1
Tunisia - 12/1
Cameroon - 14/1
Mali - 14/1

DR Congo - 20/1
South Africa - 25/1
Guinea - 33/1
Angola - 50/1
Benin - 66/1

Guinea Bissau - 66/1
Uganda - 66/1
Zimbabwe - 100/1
Kenya - 125/1
Madagascar - 150/1

Burundi - 200/1
Tanzania - 200/1
Mauritiana - 250/1
Namibia - 250/1

And another... https://www.wincomparator.com/predictio ... a/can-507/
Quote:
Egypt - odds of 4/1
Nigeria - odds of 13/2
Senegal - odds of 7/1
Algeria - odds of 8/1
Ivory Coast - odds of 8/1


Ghana - odds of 8/1
Tunisia - odds of 12/1
Morocco - odds of 12/1
Cameroon - odds of 14/1
Mali - odds of 16/1

DR Congo - odds of 22/1
South Africa - odds of 25/1
Guinea - odds of 33/1
Guinea-Bissau - odds of 66/1
Benin - odds of 66/1

Angola - odds of 66/1
Uganda - odds of 66/1
Zimbabwe - odds of 100/1
Kenya - odds of 125/1
Madagascar - odds of 150/1

Burundi - odds of 200/1
Tanzania - odds of 200/1
Namibia - odds of 200/1
Mauritiana - odds of 250/1

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10595
Wow, one has Ghana making it to the finals while beating SE in route...

So Ghana could make it 5 before Nigeria. Man, that would be too hard on Bigpokey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82135
Location: Earth
ANC wrote:
Wow, one has Ghana making it to the finals while beating SE in route...

So Ghana could make it 5 before Nigeria. Man, that would be too hard on Bigpokey

We know u are ghanian

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7711
ANC wrote:
Wow, one has Ghana making it to the finals while beating SE in route...

So Ghana could make it 5 before Nigeria. Man, that would be too hard on Bigpokey


The odd makers can see things

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1043
We have the best central midfield partnership in the tournament (Etebo and Ndidi), we just need to build around them and we would be Ok.

The attack with Ighalo leading it is pathetic, he needs to tell the rest of his team his strengths (if he has any) and they need to play to it.

The defence is Ok, we conceeded with two mistakes, not the end of the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7711
Aswani wrote:
We have the best central midfield partnership in the tournament (Etebo and Ndidi),


Says who?
A division 2 player partnering a middle of the EPL league is the best in Africa?
God forbid bad thing

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82135
Location: Earth
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
If Rohr goes with a 4-4-2 formation, we should be able to score goals with the attacking talents we have...our only major problem will be a biting lack of creativity in the midfield... so all our attacks will have to come from the wings.

Delusional de grandeur...The SE wont even make it past the 2nd round..4 games and out.

One game left..what do they say about a prophet? I warned you son, but you constantly disrespected me. because you were in your feelings

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1043
Rawlings wrote:
Aswani wrote:
We have the best central midfield partnership in the tournament (Etebo and Ndidi),


Says who?
A division 2 player partnering a middle of the EPL league is the best in Africa?
God forbid bad thing


Humour me then, which central midfield partnership is better?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7875
Nigeria plays 2F (meaning Ghana or Cameroon).
IF they manage to scrap through that hurdle, Egypt awaits in the Quarter Finals.
No way Nigeria wins that game !!
Stick a fork in Nigeria, she is done!
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:30 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4942
Location: London
Otitokoro wrote:
Nigeria plays 2F (meaning Ghana or Cameroon).
IF the manage to scrap through that hurdle, Egypt awaits in the Quarter Finals.
No way Nigeria wins that game !!
Stick a fork in Nigeria, she is done!
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.


Never say never. It is not that far-fetched. One bad game doesn't make the SE a bad team.

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36971
Otitokoro wrote:
Nigeria plays 2F (meaning Ghana or Cameroon).
IF they manage to scrap through that hurdle, Egypt awaits in the Quarter Finals.
No way Nigeria wins that game !!
Stick a fork in Nigeria, she is done!
Lolly wrote:
Our biggest problem is lack of goals which we saw at the world cup. If we make it out of the group, we should make semis.

Dude have you watch the other teams play?Tell me how are they better than SE?Egypt is where they are simple because they are the host nothing else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82135
Location: Earth
Cameroon, ghana and Egypt will beat the crap out of a no scoring Rorh...kai emotionally men..

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, fabio, Polly, Zelex and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group