Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 10647
Na de young babe just discovered at WAFU cup.

She was a sub last game.

Number 20 Okeke

oloye wrote:
The girl who broke up the play and made that pass deserves all the accolade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 2086
Location: US
Goldleaf wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.


Chief,

I think you are being too hard on us. If you check the last World Cup, our defence was a major problem. Each time the opposition attacked us, it was all hell break loose. Dennerby has placed a lot of focus on our defence and when you have good outlets upfront, counter attacking strategy has to be the way that works. I think our defending has improved vastly from our last World Cup. The last CAN (which we won) was mainly used to work on that deep defending strategy. As for Asisat Oshoala, when she does not have time to think about it but is in full flow, she can be deadly as she showed for her world class finish.


False.
At past world cup Falcons are usually the weakest team of the group, while the other three teams were much better than the Falcons; not so this 2019.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9289
Location: loughborough.
olu wrote:
The Fox female commentator who is an ex-US women's international kept saying Nigeria's ball possession has improved since Dennebry took over, but that we aren't making use of our pace and athleticism as much which is our strength. For those who have been following the Falcons extensively has this team improved in any way since Dennebry took charge?


These are the ball possession stats from the last world cup
NGA 43% - USA57%

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... anahr2dr9o

NGA 49% - AUS 51%

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/ ... eutral.pdf


NGA 53% - SWE47%

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... rdfs0xp8tz

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: USA
Don’t really follow women’s football and started watching this game in the 60th min. I thought there was very good positional discipline from our girls. Our soccer is still old school though...ball over the top, run ons and so on. Against a far less physical SK, should work well. Won’t work against stronger girls imo.


I like Naija sha. On top the fact that I no be female football fan, you for see me when them score 2nd goal.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8373
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.

Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.


I do not doubt that in the least :!:


Cheers.


You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.


Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:


Cheers.


Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16726
oscar52 wrote:
They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.



They never see very victory. :laugh:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3496
waka-man wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.


Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Maybe if you used paragraphs you’d be easier to understand.


Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world from countries like USA, Germany, Brazil etc.


Last edited by oscar52 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 16726
oscar52 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.


Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Maybe if you used paragraphs you’d be easier to understand.


Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world.



Ageb stop spamming us with ignorance. :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8373
txj wrote:
Bell wrote:
K wrote:
In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea



OF THAILAND...


…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell



Totally disgraceful running up the score like that.

Even worse, the excessive celebration...

Totally classless...


This might be the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on :D :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 41470
Location: Pennsylvania
Bigpokey24 wrote:
chei , I missed the entire 2nd half..meetings oooooo


No wonder we won :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48219
green4life wrote:
How can someone just send a corner kick straight to over? Soon they will blame Osholoa.
...she may have scored that difficult goal but she was a headless chicken today.
A professional striker like her should have scored many chances she got today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48219
maceo4 wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
That Osho whatever is not it at all.


Did you miss her world class goal?
...score difficult one missed many easy ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79746
Location: Earth
green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
chei , I missed the entire 2nd half..meetings oooooo


No wonder we won :lol:

We were leading in the first half.. and I watched the entire first half, and my presence was thr reason our first goal was called

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21598
Location: NORTH AMERICA
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:
Bell wrote:
K wrote:
In the battle for third place finishers we are currently ahead of Thailand and S.Korea



OF THAILAND...


…FIFA would invite a non-tournament team before allowing them to advance as a third place team.
Bell



Totally disgraceful running up the score like that.

Even worse, the excessive celebration...

Totally classless...


This might be the only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on :D :!:


Cheers.

The winner of the group stage is often decided by goal difference. The USA wanted to win convincingly hence get easier draws in the knockout rounds. This is not the NBA or NHL.

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10997
Nnadozie deserves a lot of credit. Played so well for an 18yo playing in her first WC match.

miky wrote:
Oparanozie was the best player today!

okeke! my favourite player, she has the right mentality!

Odega, always ready to attack, always trying to hustle!

Oshola is the most talented, but she isnt full at her best! she did well too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 41470
Location: Pennsylvania
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.

Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.


I do not doubt that in the least :!:


Cheers.


You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.


Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:


Cheers.


The argument was that racist refs cost African teams games in the past. We got a favorable call and you have still found a reason to complain and feel sorry for yourself. Africa, always the victim even when we are favored and win! If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is :!:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21598
Location: NORTH AMERICA
Bigpokey24 wrote:
chei , I missed the entire 2nd half..meetings oooooo

What meeting? Keep deluding yourself. Talking to yourself in your head is not a meeting. It is internal monologue. :lol:

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Last edited by Ekorian on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36366
That left back na baller,why people keep saying they were lucky?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44535

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3496
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
They were lucky today. A more potent team would have wacked them like 5-0. I will even say they were worse than the first game but the difference this time is the excellent goalkeeper. Ordega is still mostly playing like an "headless chicken", Oshoala does the simple wrong and the complex right (which one is the real Oshoala?), Opanozie is not fit along with Chikwelu. Ayinde brought some pace into the midfield when she replaced Uchendu but overall this team is full of expired legs and lacks talent need at this level. Only Oshoala, the keeper, and maybe Ebi and Oparanozie are close to world class. If they played the USA today, it would have been nothing less than 6 - 0. There biggest problem is the midfield, Chikwelu does not have the legs and there is a gaping hole there. If the opponent goes right through your midfield everytime it will be a long day at the office. Also why isn't the team using basic triangle passing like the Koreans? Everything seems vertical, horizontal, or diagonal? Anyway this coach never earn his paycheck, he seems to just have taught them to foul less and put their hands behind their back in the 18 but seems no actual technical football improvement.


Not sure what you point is. The stuff about world class makes no sense, unless you think world class means good enough to play at the World Cup.

Maybe if you used paragraphs you’d be easier to understand.


Worldclass as in can go toe to toe with the best players in the world.



Ageb stop spamming us with ignorance. :roll: :roll: :roll:


Contribute your point or move on. Half our ladies can't do the basic right and you think they will compete well against Germany or USA. France will show you what am talking about in a few days. Instead of contributing something meaning, it coconut head only knows insults.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8373
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.

Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.


I do not doubt that in the least :!:


Cheers.


You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.


Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:


Cheers.


The argument was that racist refs cost African teams games in the past. We got a favorable call and you have still found a reason to complain and feel sorry for yourself. Africa, always the victim even when we are favored and win! If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is :!:


Stop arguing against yourself. You said in your previous post that the evidence was inconclusive. Now you’re saying that the ref favored us, which suggests that the ref did not make the right call. Make up your mind already :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21598
Location: NORTH AMERICA
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Glad to see Naijas applauding the VAR even though the goal shouldn't have counted.
Please don't come back and shout racism when we found ourselves at the receiving end of a bad call.

Korea is a mickey mouse team. If it were France, England, USA the goal would be disallowed.


I do not doubt that in the least :!:


Cheers.


You guys are funny as heck. There wasn't conclusive evidence to show that she touched the ball and intent to touch the ball doesn't equate actual handling of the ball.


Your argument is off point. The argument is about the contention that big teams always get the big calls, not wether the evidence was conclusive nor was it about the player’s intent :!:


Cheers.


The argument was that racist refs cost African teams games in the past. We got a favorable call and you have still found a reason to complain and feel sorry for yourself. Africa, always the victim even when we are favored and win! If that's not hilarious, I don't know what is :!:


Stop arguing against yourself. You said in your previous post that the evidence was inconclusive. Now you’re saying that the ref favored us, which suggests that the ref did not make the right call. Make up your mind already :!:


Cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 41470
Location: Pennsylvania
mcal wrote:
green4life wrote:
How can someone just send a corner kick straight to over? Soon they will blame Osholoa.
...she may have scored that difficult goal but she was a headless chicken today.
A professional striker like her should have scored many chances she got today.


Lol. Which 'many chances'? She only had one other quality chance which she mishandled due to a poor touch on a breakaway. It was long balls all day. Is that what you call chances?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fabio, Google [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group