Poll Team Rohr or Against Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Poll Team Rohr or Against Rohr

Post by john12 »

Nigeria football comes first irrespective of who our coach is and I will want us to succeed regardless of our coach name. However, we have seen many Crooks, pimps, oloshos, agbero, Akuna akuna, efulefu, barawos, oloshi’s upset at the sight of ROhR. These crooks are still upset that he didn’t invite one of their boys at the World Cup and are criticizing any move he makes post World Cup. To them, rohr caused Nigerian non qualification from the group stage not realizing we missed our half chances while argentines scores their half chance or us even having a much inferior team. Anyway, please Bote if you’re #TeamTohr or you’re #Againstrohr. A brief explanation of your ideology will be beneficial
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poll Team Rohr or Against Rohr

Post by cchinukw »

#Against Rohr.

Unimaginative coach. Next.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Team Nigeria
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I support Rohr even though I have my disagreements with him.

Mainly his failure to use subs to full effect.

but the defensive structure and merited callups have been good, and much better than anything we have seen recently.

This tournament however is a refurendum on him.

He doesn't have to win it all, but we must play well. Some of the main criticisms against him seem to be his lack of attacking play.

But we have in the past scored

4 goals against Cameroon
4 goals against Argentina
4 goals against Libya
3 goals against Algeria
2 goals against Iceland

this is not bad at all if we are to be honest

there has been a recent goal drought in some of our friendlies, so I will be looking to see a cohesive attack.

I think if the team cannot be creative on the African stage (especially in the easiest of all AFCON groups) we may need to rethink hiring a coach who can play more attacking football.

If we play creative attacking football and make a decent run, Rohr should be kept to take us to Qatar

There has never been a SE coach in our entire history that qualifies for tournaments with such ruthless efficiency.

Rohr's detractors mainly dont like him because he is Oyinbo. That is the truth.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I am for Rohr but I have some reservations. His loyalty to some players may end up backfiring. Players like Moses Simon, Shehu Abdullahi and John Ogu are no longer relevant if the SE is moving forward.
Moses Simon is behind the likes of Onyekuru, Musa, Kalu and Chukwueze as wing-forwards, so he has to be accommodated as a LWB in place of Brian Idowu, who has WC and UCL experience as a LB/LWB.
Semi Ajayi, a younger, better and versatile player, playing at a higher level than John Ogu is dropped to accomodate Ogu in the squad. Same thing he did in his selection for the 2018 WC, picking an Echiejile, that was past it at the expense of Aina.
Shehu is another of Rohr's favourites, that really has not improved either as RB or midfielder.
Rohr needs to discard sentimentality when making selections.
I am happy
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

For Rohr. I was very pro home grown coach but Rohr has been great. Understated, no bigmanism, no or little wayo on call ups. Team seems to really get along. After the Oliseh nightmare, a welcome change. We are not favored and we should not be delusional. Egypt, Senegal and possibly Morocco are better but I will not bet against Rohr.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

vancity eagle wrote:I support Rohr even though I have my disagreements with him.

but the defensive structure and merited callups have been good, and much better than anything we have seen recently.

He doesn't have to win it all, but we must play well. Some of the main criticisms against him seem to be his lack of attacking play.

4 goals against Cameroon
4 goals against Libya
3 goals against Algeria
2 goals against Iceland

there has been a recent goal drought in some of our friendlies, so I will be looking to see a cohesive attack.

I think if the team cannot be creative on the African stage (especially in the easiest of all AFCON groups) we may need to rethink hiring a coach who can play more attacking football.

If we play creative attacking football and make a decent run, Rohr should be kept to take us to Qatar

There has never been a SE coach in our entire history that qualifies for tournaments with such ruthless efficiency.

:clap: :clap:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I like Rohr but if he doesn't do well at the AFCON he has to go.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote:I like Rohr but if he doesn't do well at the AFCON he has to go.

"do well" is such a subjective thing.

People can even claim he didn't "do well" even if we win the cup.

I cannot honestly lay out a concrete objective he has to reach.

I think for me it will be more of a gut feeling.

But there is no room for cowardice on the African continent.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What cowardice? By playing strategically against Messi, aguero, demaria, hinguain all players that scored 130 goals plus is cowardice? That’s where that stupid label cowardice came from
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:What cowardice? By playing strategically against Messi, aguero, demaria, hinguain all players that scored 130 goals plus is cowardice? That’s where that stupid label cowardice came from
I have conflicting thoughts on this.

On the one hand you are right, these are world class players that absolutley need to be respected.

On the other hand have you seen how rubbish Argentina is in this Copa ? It is only a continuation of how rubbish they have been for the past few years. Our thrashing of them 4-1 was not an accident. Rohr should have learned how vulnerable they are from that friendly and done something about it at the WC. It was truly a golden opportunity we missed, although I am not calling for his sack based upon this, but Rohr could have done better.

Is Paraguay better than Nigeria ?

When Qatar gets a result against Argentina, will you still be making all these excuses. This Argentina team is rubbish and was absolutely there for the taking. Rohr was scared, and I say this as a defender of Rohr.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Of course even if qater thrashes them I will still defend ROhR because it just means qater took their opportunities. You guys are acting like SE didn’t have its chance to win that game? We had our chance to win that game and we missed while Argentina scored their half chance and at the end of the day, QUALITY was the difference. At the highest level, you have to make use of any half opportunity you get or you can be punished for it. SE missed theirs, while Argentina scored theirs so all these football cowardice y’all is just arrant nonsense because there’s no guarantee a substitution from rohr could had changed anything.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes, Paraguay, Colombia are presently rated higher than us at the FIFA ranking. The last time we faced them was a tie, previously a loss. First of all, we must get it in our skull that SE is just an below average team that has the potential to become good, or great. When we understand that then this arrogance will stop
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Yes, Paraguay, Colombia are presently rated higher than us at the FIFA ranking. The last time we faced them was a tie, previously a loss. First of all, we must get it in our skull that SE is just an below average team that has the potential to become good, or great. When we understand that then this arrogance will stop

FIFA rankings are rubbish.

Colombia may be better than Nigeria, but Paraguay certainly is not.

Yes there is plenty of responsiblity for our loss to Argentina.

Rohr is not at fault for Ighalo missing an open goal, but Rohr must also take the blame for a team that didn't create that many opportunities. You cannot just say "we missed one chance" Missing chances is a part of the game. You need to create many chances often to score one. We did not create very many chances in any of our 3 world cup matches.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

AGAINST! I feel he's just using Nigeria as his retirement plan. Pretend we are a "young team" and keep earning free money until retirement. He has no ideas, no stellar track record, and he's taking us nowhere.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

K wrote:AGAINST! I feel he's just using Nigeria as his retirement plan. Pretend we are a "young team" and keep earning free money until retirement. He has no ideas, no stellar track record, and he's taking us nowhere.
Well said! We actually did nothing at the world cup. All we did was play speculative long balls out of the defense to no one in particular! That type of football was an eye sour. All Rohr did was to bring inferiority complex into the team by telling them they where there to learn from better players! Rohr can't take us beyond this level. That's the bitter truth.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
aruako1 wrote:I like Rohr but if he doesn't do well at the AFCON he has to go.

"do well" is such a subjective thing.

People can even claim he didn't "do well" even if we win the cup.

I cannot honestly lay out a concrete objective he has to reach.

I think for me it will be more of a gut feeling.

But there is no room for cowardice on the African continent.
It is not so subjective if you consider our record in the AFCON. If he doesn't win at least a bronze then he did not do well. An exception would be if, for instance, he lost in the Q-finals on penalties to Egypt or CIV.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Naija for life, GOD FOR ETERNITY
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I am with Rohr and the team 100%. Any else is just tales by moonlight.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohenhen1 wrote:Team Nigeria
:thumb:

I hope Rohr does well. Hope he has improved his substitution pattern (timing).

I will root for the boys.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Gochino that’s the problem that Nigeria hasn’t gotten in their skull. It’s not like you did nothing but you came up against a much Quality side than you. It’s definitely not rohr fault that your best players are at backwaters while Argentina and Croatia beat were at real, Barca. Van city for the last time, at the highest level, you get few chances and you must capitalize on it or be punished. When the score was 1-1, SE had 2 half chances that could had been converted and they missed while Argentina scored their own 1 half chance. What else is the coach supposed to do? Now, If the arguments is against ighalo then I can understand but even at that, a player can’t just take all blame
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

vancity eagle wrote:I support Rohr even though I have my disagreements with him.

4 goals against Cameroon
4 goals against Libya
3 goals against Algeria
2 goals against Iceland

You are a big hypocrite.

I wish you were this objective with our now late local coaches.

Remember how you supported CIV during 2013 AFCON. Some of you lot make my blood really boil.

Is it because he is Oyinbo so all his glaring sins are forgiven? Sheeeuuurrrr!!!!! :curse:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: finally AFCON don land, 2 weeks more of the fake coach... he will be gone soon... SE and rohr aint going nowhere

#ROHROUT
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved