Future Eagles 3 - 1 Mexico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Future Eagles 3 - 1 Mexico

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:
oyek wrote:The boys lost their 2nd match 1-4 to host Japan.
Our defense did very well against a very good Mexican Team. I wasn’t expecting 4 goals
Can't think of the last time I witnessed such a poorly-coached Nigerian youth team... :oops:
>
Watch the game vs Romania and you just might change your mind on that. :idea:
They lost 1-2 but they totally controlled the game.
They lost out to the absolute physical domination of the Romanians and the poor final ball.

See the difference in physical development.
But I was very proud of the way they played, showing not just individual talent but great tactical awareness too.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I agree with you Damunk. In the Mexico and Romania game, I did NOT see a poorly coached team. Could the coaching be better? Absolutely. Was there a definite team shape and a coherent strategy? yes.

This is a better coached team than the U-20 team in my opinion
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

amafolas wrote:I agree with you Damunk. In the Mexico and Romania game, I did NOT see a poorly coached team. Could the coaching be better? Absolutely. Was there a definite team shape and a coherent strategy? yes.

This is a better coached team than the U-20 team in my opinion
Ididnt see the Mexico game but in this Romanian game they were not "a poorly coached team" and certainly certainly not 'the worst in our history'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

amafolas wrote:In that youtube video, at 14.45 (5min mark in the game)
watch the pass by this kid! cuts out entire midfield and defence in one move.. smart smart player. hope he grows into his body some more. he is tiny
Kai. That was a pass. :clap: :clap: :clap:

More clips from when he was younger.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote:
watch the pass by this kid! cuts out entire midfield and defence in one move.. smart smart player. hope he grows into his body some more. he is tiny

Ol'boy,

This kid's vision is something else ooo! I was just imagining when he fills up that body as he bulks up. It will be tough for his markers ooo! Not many pros can even have the vision to make that first pass in that clip. That was a revelation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Watch the game vs Romania and you just might change your mind on that. :idea:
They lost out to the absolute physical domination of the Romanians and the poor final ball.
I watched the game yesterday and it was a complete 180-degree turnaround... :clap:

Despite the noticeable physical advantage of the Romanians (not surprised that both their goals came off headers), the Future Eagles controlled play, had some great build-up play but was let down in the final third (which seems to be becoming a primary issue with most Nigerian national teams). Very promising, and that left-back (#3) hardly put a foot wrong all night.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Ididnt see the Mexico game but in this Romanian game they were not "a poorly coached team" and certainly certainly not 'the worst in our history'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why are you laughing like a jackass if you did not see the Japan game? Or do you think I have a personal beef with the team or coach, in that incredibly incredibly warped and narrow-minded way many Nigerians reason? SMDH

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:Watch the game vs Romania and you just might change your mind on that. :idea:
I watched the game yesterday and it was a complete 180-degree turnaround... :clap:

Despite the noticeable physical advantage of the Romanians (not surprised that both their goals came off headers), the Future Eagles controlled play, had some great build-up play but was let down in the final third (which seems to be becoming a primary issue with most Nigerian national teams). Very promising, and that left-back (#3) hardly put a foot wrong all night.
I agree #3 and #8 are solid prospects. But professional football is a funny thing. Growth from prospect to professional is rarely linear. It takes more than talent/skill. You need opportunity, luck, drive and a host of other things. A physically mature mid 20s version of those 2 can certainly contend for national team positions.

*Edit
on further watch. #8 is physically overmatched even at this stage. His vision and one-touch play is good. But his first touch is Giroud-like (excellent in lay-offs, iffy when trying to control the ball). his co-midfielder who is even shorter but more stoutly built actually played better in this game. The coach made some sound changes in this game. he went from a 4-4-2 with 2 overworked mids, and 2 uninvolved wide players to 3 in the middle.
Last edited by amafolas on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

amafolas wrote: I agree #3 and #8 are solid prospects. But professional football is a funny thing. Growth from prospect to professional is rarely linear. It takes more than talent/skill. You need opportunity, luck, drive and a host of other things. A physically mature mid 20s version of those 2 can certainly contend for national team positions.
To begin with, they can join the pool for U17 squad going to the U17 WC this year...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Gotti wrote:
amafolas wrote: I agree #3 and #8 are solid prospects. But professional football is a funny thing. Growth from prospect to professional is rarely linear. It takes more than talent/skill. You need opportunity, luck, drive and a host of other things. A physically mature mid 20s version of those 2 can certainly contend for national team positions.
To begin with, they can join the pool for U17 squad going to the U17 WC this year...
i agree. #8 is nowhere near physically ready even for u-17. I like #3 a lot. i know face-ology is terribly unreliable and we shouldn't do it, but these boys looked like what JS3 to SS2 players looked like back when I went to school.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:Ididnt see the Mexico game but in this Romanian game they were not "a poorly coached team" and certainly certainly not 'the worst in our history'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why are you laughing like a jackass if you did not see the Japan game? Or do you think I have a personal beef with the team or coach, in that incredibly incredibly warped and narrow-minded way many Nigerians reason? SMDH

[/video]
Gotti, I'm not laughing at you nah.
I'm just lavvin my own fa...
Dat wan na crime? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Its all good and I will try and watch the disaster of a game of which you speak.
I'm sure there are lessons to learn even there :thumb:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Gotti, I'm not laughing at you nah.
I'm just lavvin my own fa...
Dat wan na crime? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Its all good and I will try and watch the disaster of a game of which you speak.
I'm sure there are lessons to learn even there :thumb:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NP Bros...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lolly wrote:

Whatever, he is 25 and has 4 kids. Nigeria has no children under the age of 20. :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16