Future Eagles 3 - 1 Mexico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Future Eagles 3 - 1 Mexico

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Oh I guess these ones didn’t live hard life in naija, they must be all from rich families and never suffered once with this their baby face...
Everybody STARTS off with a babyface...:lol:
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:These boys are u-16. some of them should be part of the U-17 tournament in 2021.
They will need a very good agent to scale through the "selection" process.
True my bro, and some of my friends would say foreign cooaches is the reason our football is not moving forward.
SIR V, at least they won't be selling places for trials at the coaches' local club abroad... :P

Meanwhile, we saw how much arguably the best player in the 2018 U15 team, Divine Nwachukwu, struggled at the U17 level during the 2019 U17 AFCON in Tanzania (and he was even better that that Lateef Omidiji kid that "agents" - including some on CE - reportedly sought to shove down Manu Garba's throat). It can sometimes be a huge step-up at that age and level.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:Oh I guess these ones didn’t live hard life in naija, they must be all from rich families and never suffered once with this their baby face...
Why are you like this? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put these kids side by side with their peers living in London or New York or put then beside more affluent Nigerian kids right there at home.
What you are saying is that you won't be able to tell the difference? :lol:

Young as they obviously are, adolescence will naturally 'harden' their faces, time will have it's say over 6 years and by the time they are 20 you guys will swear that some of these kids are 'Under 30s'.
Na wa.

Lolly posted pictures of that 'I never espperred it' Nigerian sprinter some weeks ago and most of you guys were totally silent on how a simple change of environment had softened his looks. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

fabio wrote:Took Pinnick four plus years to send the future Eagles to a tournament. After he tossed aside the program started by Maigari.
Leave Pinnick alone my brother. :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Sir V wrote:These boys are u-16. some of them should be part of the U-17 tournament in 2021.
They will need a very good agent to scale through the "selection" process.
True my bro, and some of my friends would say foreign cooaches is the reason our football is not moving forward.
SIR V, at least they won't be selling places for trials at the coaches' local club abroad... :P

Meanwhile, we saw how much arguably the best player in the 2018 U15 team, Divine Nwachukwu, struggled at the U17 level during the 2019 U17 AFCON in Tanzania (and he was even better that that Lateef Omidiji kid that "agents" - including some on CE - reportedly sought to shove down Manu Garba's throat). It can sometimes be a huge step-up at that age and level.

To be honest, for over two decades now our football has been nothing but drama. :) :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I see the NFA will go to the end of the earth for any football tournament. All the money approved they will pocket, and give these kids kobos, and warn them to shut up.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

The boys lost their 2nd match 1-4 to host Japan.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

oyek wrote:The boys lost their 2nd match 1-4 to host Japan.
Our defense did very well against a very good Mexican Team. I wasn’t expecting 4 goals
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

jette1 wrote:
Our defense did very well against a very good Mexican Team. I wasn’t expecting 4 goals
It's still a learning process for our boys as they lose possession to the Japs who were quick to intercept passes. Our boys controlled the game in the first fall to an extent but fell short in the 2nd. The good thing is there are prospects in the team, the goalkeeper for example.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Put these kids side by side with their peers living in London or New York or put then beside more affluent Nigerian kids right there at home.

Young as they obviously are, adolescence will naturally 'harden' their faces, time will have it's say over 6 years and by the time they are 20 you guys will swear that some of these kids are 'Under 30s'.
Na wa.

Lolly posted pictures of that 'I never espperred it' Nigerian sprinter some weeks ago and most of you guys were totally silent on how a simple change of environment had softened his looks. :roll:
I see, so the facial hardening currently tends to happen in ages above 17 (what is called the 'post wrist-scan' time period), suddenly these players undergo a drastic facial transformation from butters to kpako's. Ok we need to follow these particular players carefully for the next couple of years so we can witness this drastic kpakoing of their facial features.... :taunt: :roll:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:
Can't think of the last time I witnessed such a poorly-coached Nigerian youth team... :oops:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: I see, so the facial hardening currently tends to happen in ages above 17 (what is called the 'post wrist-scan' time period), suddenly these players undergo a drastic facial transformation from butters to kpako's. Ok we need to follow these particular players carefully for the next couple of years so we can witness this drastic kpakoing of their facial features.... :taunt: :roll:
Saw the team play yesterday, and they look no different from the U17 team...
Some looked really babyfaced, while some looked more "hardened" (whatever that means).

Nonetheless, supposedly "educated" persons really should get off the lookology business. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote:It's still a learning process for our boys as they lose possession to the Japs who were quick to intercept passes. Our boys controlled the game in the first fall to an extent but fell short in the 2nd. The good thing is there are prospects in the team, the goalkeeper for example.
It was not so much the Japanese intercepting our passes as our simply giving it away...
Don't think we held the ball for up to minute or more in that entire disastrous 2H (was better in the 1H).

I do NOT blame the kids (you could glimpses of real talent there)...
They were let down by arguably the poorest coaching/tactics seen on any Nigerian youth team. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BTW, this is where our U15s come from...
While U17s is from U15s, Shell/Principals' Cup, academies.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

U-16 Nigeria versus Romania

[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Na wa.

I see, so the facial hardening currently tends to happen in ages above 17 (what is called the 'post wrist-scan' time period), suddenly these players undergo a drastic facial transformation from butters to kpako's. Ok we need to follow these particular players carefully for the next couple of years so we can witness this drastic kpakoing of their facial features.... :taunt: :roll:
No it doesn't.
I said 'over the next six years' (from adolescence).
The 'kpakoing' has already started but because they are so scrawny and still look like children in early adolescence you are not focussing much on your usual faceology.
This is why I told you to compare them to their peers abroad, or more affluent Nigerian kids.
Keep up my friend!
It is your type that accuses these kids of being overage even at the u17 level despite having absolutely no basis.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote:U-16 Nigeria versus Romania

[/video]
Thanks Onovo.
Just spotted our little gem, Suleiman Ayomide in the game. He's wearing the number 8 jersey. Still looks like the smallest kid on the pitch! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I've been wondering where he has been for a while since he emerged last year.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287999&p=5233006

Happy to see he is still progressing. :clap: :clap: :clap:
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote:
onovo wrote:U-16 Nigeria versus Romania

[/video]
Thanks Onovo.
Just spotted our little gem, Suleiman Ayomide in the game. He's wearing the number 8 jersey. Still looks like the smallest kid on the pitch! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah I thought as much, good to see him play at the NFF U-15 team, his ball control and understanding of the game is very good for his age.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

These Romanians are BIG. Jesus, look at their no6. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Imagine if they were Nigerians and how our faceologists would have destroyed them with age-cheating accusations.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote:
Damunk wrote:Thanks Onovo.

Yeah I thought as much, good to see him play at the NFF U-15 team, his ball control and understanding of the game is very good for his age.
Quite amazing. Tiny as he is, he is running that midfield.
His passes may not always reach their target but you can see the vision.
Very matured player for his young years.
Seems the cameras picked him out as the ref blew the half time whistle.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:These Romanians are BIG. Jesus, look at their no6. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Imagine if they were Nigerians and how our faceologists would have destroyed them with age-cheating accusations.
I swear I was just thinking the same thing watching the game. These Romanians are huge mehn. Haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

In that youtube video, at 14.45 (5min mark in the game)
watch the pass by this kid! cuts out entire midfield and defence in one move.. smart smart player. hope he grows into his body some more. he is tiny
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.