Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47234
Solowe wrote:
What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?


A non tribalist coach.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Somewhere
Solowe, there is nothing like Yoruba footballer in Nigerian football. Just carry your tribalism go your shrine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 15145
Location: UK
Solowe don come again!

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Last edited by Sir V on Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 am
Posts: 2439
Location: USA
Solowe wrote:
It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?


Why are u such a killjoy? Can we just enjoy the emergence of exciting new SE players without any ethnic perpectives?

I really don't care if new "Chukwus or Babayaros" are emerging as long as they are Nigerians!

Just the other day Mike Obiku was praising Martins, same for Akpan Bassey. It should not matter where these boys are from; what's important is that they are making the SE and the fans happy again.

But it's Solowe; why do I even bother?

_________________
...but with God all things are possible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:14 pm
Posts: 5336
Sir V wrote:
Solowe don come again!

But how many youruba players are in the Eagles squad?


Why you dey encourage am sef?!!

_________________
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
geminikoat wrote:
Solowe wrote:
It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?


Why are u such a killjoy? Can we just enjoy the emergence of exciting new SE players without any ethnic perpectives?

I really don't care if new "Chukwus or Babayaros" are emerging as long as they are Nigerians!

Just the other day Mike Obiku was praising Martins, same for Akpan Bassey. It should not matter where these boys are from; what's important is that they are making the SE and the fans happy again.

But it's Solowe; why do I even bother?


Gemikoat,

Why doe the emergence of Yoruba footballers have to be a "Kill-joy" for you. Dont you want them to do well. ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 21924
Solowe wrote:
It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?

shame on you ! Any player playing for SE is representing Nigeria, no need to put a tribe tag on them. Are u still living in a cave or something ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Somewhere
But come o, I don't understand something.

In day-to-day life, most Nigerian condone tribalism by labeling others Yoruba and accepting State-quota and "National Identity".

If we can't accept State quota and National Identity when it comes to players serving us in the SE, why should we accept it in any other thing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 am
Posts: 2439
Location: USA
Solowe wrote:
geminikoat wrote:
Solowe wrote:
It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?


Why are u such a killjoy? Can we just enjoy the emergence of exciting new SE players without any ethnic perpectives?

I really don't care if new "Chukwus or Babayaros" are emerging as long as they are Nigerians!

Just the other day Mike Obiku was praising Martins, same for Akpan Bassey. It should not matter where these boys are from; what's important is that they are making the SE and the fans happy again.

But it's Solowe; why do I even bother?


Gemikoat,

Why doe the emergence of Yoruba footballers have to be a "Kill-joy" for you. Dont you want them to do well. ??


Solowe: I am very thrilled by Martins rise, Olofi's and the rest. But no more than I was going gaga when JJ hit the scenes back in 1993 or during Finito and Kanu exploits at Ajax.

I am just happy when any Naija is making waves in European football circuits.

_________________
...but with God all things are possible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:33 pm
Posts: 1212
Dude.
Your thinking sounds really primitive.
You've got to be kidding me.
Listen up, I am a full-fledged Yoruba, I don't
give a rat's #$% about 'sootin', and would not blink
once if we fielded an all-Busu team - as long as we won.
You really need to think about joining this century.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:17 am
Posts: 9279
Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:

_________________
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:00 pm
Posts: 3618
Solowe there is no point in Yoruba players playing for Nigeria if we are going to start distinguishing them from their teammates.

I hope it is still possible to cure your likes of this seemingly entrenched ethnic sensitivitity so that one day you will also be able to enjoy the Eagles in a pure way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62087
Attention Seeking 101 :lol:

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:56 pm
Posts: 1417
Location: Comoro village
The return of the yoruba footballer and atleast six edo and delta footballers is the secret to world domination for the super eagles ask the china boys that did Nigeria proud no kidding.

_________________
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 am
Posts: 2439
Location: USA
..and we're all positively re-inforcing Solowe's behavior. :(

_________________
...but with God all things are possible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42054
Location: UK
lagos777 wrote:
Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:


Exactly.
'Bastion of manhood' my nyansh :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 32085
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Damunk wrote:
lagos777 wrote:
Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:


Exactly.
'Bastion of manhood' my nyansh :lol:



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was funny; Solowe must really be old school guy!

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 am
Posts: 2439
Location: USA
monkeypost wrote:
The return of the yoruba footballer and atleast six edo and delta footballers is the secret to world domination for the super eagles ask the china boys that did Nigeria proud no kidding.


You're kidding right? It should not matter if the first 11 is comprised of solely Yorubas, Ibos or Hausas.

When I look at their jersies and it says NIGERIA, then I am on board; as long as those who are playing merit their positions there should not be any eyebrows raised.

We got to start seeing the bigger picture; the only last thing that unify Nigerians is football. Bringing ethnic dimensions into it only messes with our collective joy. Simple!

_________________
...but with God all things are possible...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:03 pm
Posts: 10729
i was hoping we would all ignore this thread ... to show solowe the error of his ways


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
Sir V wrote:
Solowe don come again!


Sir V,

I am really disappointed with some of the resposes i am reading so far. People always seem to miss the intelectual discussion posibilities of some my topics.

I am really saddened. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:55 pm
Posts: 2307
Location: Atlanta USA
Indeed, there is a revolution going on with the YORUBA.
This is the beginning. This is their time. Thanks to Onigbinde.

Also, there is still a domination by the IGBO-MEN.
This is their time. Thanks to Christian Chukwu.

But wait!....In another 10 years, the entire national team will be dominated by the HAUSA/FULANI footballer. The coaches, players, team-doctors, ball carriers, drivers, cooks, and agents will all be from the North.

Then Solowe will make a thread on the "Domination of the Hausa Footballer". Kwo? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buran Uba!

_________________
In the Abundance of Water, the Fool is Thirsty!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
Oba from Montreal wrote:
But come o, I don't understand something.

In day-to-day life, most Nigerian condone tribalism by labeling others Yoruba and accepting State-quota and "National Identity".

If we can't accept State quota and National Identity when it comes to players serving us in the SE, why should we accept it in any other thing?


Oba,

Now you are talking !

whenever I bring up these discussions people always have these Knee jerk reactions to anything that has to do with ethnicity.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sunset, vancity eagle and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group