Enyeama was better than Nkono?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Enyeama was better than Nkono?

Post by chief nfachairman »

its tough to say.

Nkono played about the same number of AFCONS. Won 1 each with both as captains when they won.

They both Played 3 world cups.

Played club football in top leagues

Played Champions league

Nkono won African player of the year once.

So its tough to say who was better. But Eyeama is above Rufai.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Is this a %$#@^& joke? Comparing Nkono and Enyeama! I´m surprised there´s no alarm here about this outrageous comparison. Nkono don really suffer :(

I´ll compare Enyeama with the likes of Alioum Boukar. Even then, Alioum has a slight avantage over Enyeama.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Goddess wrote:Is this a %$#@^& joke? Comparing Nkono and Enyeama! I´m surprised there´s no alarm here about this outrageous comparison. Nkono don really suffer :(

I´ll compare Enyeama with the likes of Alioum Boukar. Even then, Alioum has a slight avantage over Enyeama.
My Ex.

We did it to drag you out from your ROM (Read Only Mode).

Next is to compare Aiyegbeni to Miller or even Etoo... :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

The Goddess wrote:Is this a %$#@^& joke? Comparing Nkono and Enyeama! I´m surprised there´s no alarm here about this outrageous comparison. Nkono don really suffer :(

No, it is not a joke. Both were very good goalkeepers and the choice is not as straightforward as you think. Nkono was a legend but Enyeama is not far behind.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

perhaps better at bribing his friends and journalists to force him upon a nation! :lol:

This sounds like extremely FALSE allegations. Very cheap bro. Very very
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

That Nkono was as bad as Rufai.....u need to watch the nkono of WC 82 and ANC 86.[/quote]
Bros, you might be correct, but at least, Nkono never fought his superiors. Fighting one's superior (unprovoked) - to me - nullifies any other quality a person might have and it applies to Enyeama.

I saw him talking about Enyeama and Nkono. Maybe you should see his last message. He clearly fiss not like Enyeama and that is ok. But he is sticking to the topic.[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:[/quote]

Good. Your attempt at a distraction has failed.[/quote]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: However, Enyeama is a briber, an arrogant fighter of superiors whose last attempt to weasel his way into the national team ended in disgrace and a deep stain on his name.[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with taking a walk if your supervisor insults you, shows no empathy towards your plight especially after loosing your mum and outrightly removing you as the leader without no recourse to dialogue before the decision was taken. Anyone woudl WALK!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:

My Ex.

you do know that forumer is actually a dude? hmmmm no say i no warn you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

chief nfachairman wrote:its tough to say.

Nkono played about the same number of AFCONS. Won 1 each with both as captains when they won.

They both Played 3 world cups.

Played club football in top leagues

Played Champions league

Nkono won African player of the year once.

So its tough to say who was better. But Eyeama is above Rufai.
I believe Nkono won twice. 20 years apart. Or was that Milla?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Cellular wrote:

My Ex.

Oga Cellular, bonjour 8-)
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

aruako1 wrote:

No, it is not a joke. Both were very good goalkeepers and the choice is not as straightforward as you think. Nkono was a legend but Enyeama is not far behind.
Well, let´s then compare Yakubu with Milla or Eto. :smile:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

The Goddess wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Well, let´s then compare Yakubu with Milla or Eto. :smile:
No please :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: How many coaches did he play under? How many did he have an issue with? Whoever the coach was you still have not shown evidence of Enyeama being unruly.
The Lille coach, Christophe Galtier, stated that Enyeama was dropped for one year because he had issues with the club. No one wants to work with an unruly twat! Oliseh kicked him out and Lille kicked him out!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Buffon declared he decided to play in the goalkeeping position after seeing N'Kono's performances at the 1990 World Cup. In addition, he named his first son Louis Thomas in the Cameroonian's honor. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:Buffon declared he decided to play in the goalkeeping position after seeing N'Kono's performances at the 1990 World Cup. In addition, he named his first son Louis Thomas in the Cameroonian's honor. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And so? :huh: :???: Enyeama just retired who knows who is naming their son after him and deciding to keep because of seeing him....abeg make we hear word jo :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Are you a man or a woman? Romour has it you are a man.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

dd, you're my man, but you need to stop this bullshit about Enyeama trying to bribe his way back into the SE otherwise come up with evidence. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:dd, you're my man, but you need to stop this bullshit about Enyeama trying to bribe his way back into the SE otherwise come up with evidence. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dammy; you have joined the number of people who are making me laugh on this issue.

To clarify, I think my man (Danfo driver), is just being sarcastic and intentionally wants to provoke - bros - Aruako1. Unfortunately, Aruako1 is falling for it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:dd, you're my man, but you need to stop this bullshit about Enyeama trying to bribe his way back into the SE otherwise come up with evidence. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dammy; you have joined the number of people who are making me laugh on this issue.

To clarify, I think my man (Danfo driver), is just being sarcastic and intentionally wants to provoke - bros - Aruako1. Unfortunately, Aruako1 is falling for it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hey! I'm good. I don't care what he thinks and wouldn't bother if it was on rant and rave. But people visit this site for Nigerian news and we can't have them believing that it is true. If that is me falling for provocation then I am guilty.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote: How many coaches did he play under? How many did he have an issue with? Whoever the coach was you still have not shown evidence of Enyeama being unruly.
The Lille coach, Christophe Galtier, stated that Enyeama was dropped for one year because he had issues with the club. No one wants to work with an unruly twat! Oliseh kicked him out and Lille kicked him out!

"Having issues" is the same as "unruly" in your dictionary right? He decided to retire when he did not get on with Oliseh, a coach who subsequently fell out with many players at his next job.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Buffon declared he decided to play in the goalkeeping position after seeing N'Kono's performances at the 1990 World Cup. In addition, he named his first son Louis Thomas in the Cameroonian's honor. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And so? :huh: :???: Enyeama just retired who knows who is naming their son after him and deciding to keep because of seeing him....abeg make we hear word jo :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Unless you want your son to to unruly, no one in their right mind will name their son after a person with bad character.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote:

Are you a man or a woman? Romour has it you are a man.
I think you should concentrate on your life instead of trying to meet women online.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

"Having issues" is the same as "unruly" in your dictionary right? He decided to retire when he did not get on with Oliseh, a coach who subsequently fell out with many players at his next job.
Not true! Oliseh drove him out of the team when he was unruly and acted like his father owned the team. And Enyeama subsequently fell out with the Lille management, and they too, drove him out. And dont forget Enyeama also had issues with Siasia. This is clearly a person of poor character here.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Not true! Oliseh drove him out of the team when he was unruly and acted like his father owned the team. And Enyeama subsequently fell out with the Lille management, and they too, drove him out. And dont forget Enyeama also had issues with Siasia. This is clearly a person of poor character here.
Honestly you're wasting your time explaining this. I remember when he disrespected Oliseh (former nt and more importantly his coach) and people here said that Oliseh should apologize and watch his back.