SE 0 Senegal 1: Match Report & Lineup (+ Subs)......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: SE 0 Senegal 1: Match Report & Lineup (+ Subs)......

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Akpeyi got to play all 180 minutes of friendly action for Nigeria

I don’t understand rohr’s fascination with a confirmed junk like akpeyi, hope this clown coach is not deliberately sabotaging SE, akpeyi cannot make the 23 for any African team and suddenly he is rohr’s number 1?

Shehu, Simon and akpeyi are confirmed junk clowns and should not be in this team, but the SE can win the nations cup with 20 players. Hopefully those three clown junks don’t start.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

9jaMan wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Akpeyi got to play all 180 minutes of friendly action for Nigeria

I don’t understand rohr’s fascination with a confirmed junk like akpeyi, hope this clown coach is not deliberately sabotaging SE, akpeyi cannot make the 23 for any African team and suddenly he is rohr’s number 1?

Shehu, Simon and akpeyi are confirmed junk clowns and should not be in this team, but the SE can win the nations cup with 20 players. Hopefully those three clown junks don’t start.

:agree:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Even if he was the starter, which is bad. Why not take a look at the backup goalkeepers?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Even if he was the starter, which is bad. Why not take a look at the backup goalkeepers?
They’ve been in camp for a week. How much longer does Rohr need to keep looking at the other? If you don’t know just say so and stop making silly assumptions.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ANC wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Add John Ogu, I can't believe a younger, more mobile, higher profile versatile player like Semi Ajayi was dropped and Ogu got picked. The decision to pick Simon as a cover LB is another one that baffles me. It's obvious he's behind Onyekuru, Chukwueze, Kalu and Musa as a winger, which is his real position. So to accomodate him, Brian Idowu, who's played LB at the WC and UCL is dropped. My support for Rohr is wearing thin.
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

John Ogu agreed. Sometimes i wonder if he has any shame. He has zero skills, just jam-body thats it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

S
They’ve been in camp for a week. How much longer does Rohr need to keep looking at the other? If you don’t know just say so and stop making silly assumptions.
It is irresponsible for Rohr not to give his backups a run out in a friendly. So what if Akpeyi get injured. Are you going to run in a player that hasn't played for Nigeria in months. Hasn't worked in live action with defenders, working on communication and etc. There is a limit to what you can do in practice. You need real game action.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
ANC wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Add John Ogu, I can't believe a younger, more mobile, higher profile versatile player like Semi Ajayi was dropped and Ogu got picked. The decision to pick Simon as a cover LB is another one that baffles me. It's obvious he's behind Onyekuru, Chukwueze, Kalu and Musa as a winger, which is his real position. So to accomodate him, Brian Idowu, who's played LB at the WC and UCL is dropped. My support for Rohr is wearing thin.
How many points of view can one coach satisfy with one team?
Why not give your support regardless?
A national team will never get solid support if everyone continuously questions a coach's decisions based on their personal (unqualified) opinions.

Its called 'knowing your limitations' and even if you have reservations, recognse that one fact, and support the team unconditionally.

When he fails (as all coaches invariably do eventually) then you can be one of the wolves to devour him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
ANC wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

How many points of view can one coach satisfy with one team?
Why not give your support regardless?
A national team will never get solid support if everyone continuously questions a coach's decisions based on their personal (unqualified) opinions.

Its called 'knowing your limitations' and even if you have reservations, recognse that one fact, and support the team unconditionally.

When he fails (as all coaches invariably do eventually) then you can be one of the wolves to devour him.
Baba I weak oh...I mean is it this difficult to just support the team and wish them well...na wa oh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

its okay to have an opinion, and at times change level of support.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Why not let the man do his job? Maybe he had a limited number of subs agreed upon and he wanted to test all his outfield players...

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ANC wrote:its okay to have an opinion, and at times change level of support.
It is okay to have an opinion but it is NOT okay to change the level of support. Support for the National team and the people representing the interests of the National team on assignment should be 100% baba. Fact not feelings!

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Why not let the man do his job? Maybe he had a limited number of subs agreed upon and he wanted to test all his outfield players...
I can't stop him from doing his job. I wish him well. But I am worried.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Didn’t Rohr do the exact same thing in the run up to the World Cup? At least he’s consistent, once he picks a number 1 he plays them throughout the run up to the competition.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:
It is irresponsible for Rohr not to give his backups a run out in a friendly. So what if Akpeyi get injured. Are you going to run in a player that hasn't played for Nigeria in months. Hasn't worked in live action with defenders, working on communication and etc. There is a limit to what you can do in practice. You need real game action.
Ohenhen, please tell us which back up GK, Rohr gave run out in the friendlies prior to the WC?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

Didn’t Rohr do the exact same thing in the run up to the World Cup? At least he’s consistent, once he picks a number 1 he plays them throughout the run up to the competition.
He played Ezenwa in some games. Uzoho came in the 2nd half against Argentina.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Didn’t Rohr do the exact same thing in the run up to the World Cup? At least he’s consistent, once he picks a number 1 he plays them throughout the run up to the competition.
I just expressed the same sentiments.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

What color jersey were we wearing for this match? Let me guess, the dark green one? :sneaky:

Wha choo looking at?!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Well If I were Rohr, I would have given my backup goalkeeper some time to work with the defenders before the start of the tournament. Injuries, suspension can happen in a tournament.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

S
Ohenhen1,

I do not agree with this line of thought. I thought that most people who have watched Akpeyi agree that he is jittery. Noting this and noting that the team must find a starter after some major howlers by Uzoho, I am certain that Rohr wants to carefully install Akpeyi as a starter. Best way to do this is to have him play as many minutes as possible as starter and get the jitters out. This was the tact he previously used in installing Uzoho as starter. It is a confidence builder. In fact, in my opinion he needs more minutes as a starter in games before the big deal and not less minutes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

S
Ohenhen1,

I do not agree with this line of thought. I thought that most people who have watched Akpeyi agree that he is jittery. Noting this and noting that the team must find a starter after some major howlers by Uzoho, I am certain that Rohr wants to carefully install Akpeyi as a starter. Best way to do this is to have him play as many minutes as possible as starter and get the jitters out. This was the tact he previously used in installing Uzoho as starter. It is a confidence builder. In fact, in my opinion he needs more minutes as a starter in games before the big deal and not less minutes.
Well I have to disagree. Akpeyi is older than the other two Goalkeepers. We shouldn't be working on his confidence at this stage of his career. I think he is 32 now. He should be a pro, he shouldn't need a lot of minutes to be ready for Afcon at this stage of his career. We need a mentally strong goalkeeper to win Afcon, especially in the knockout stages. Rohr should have played all three goalkeepers.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Isn’t he the starter?

He played Ezenwa in some games. Uzoho came in the 2nd half against Argentina.
We played Poland, Serbia and England in the run up to the WC, Uzoho played every single minute of those games.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

John ogu zero skills? You clowns must like picking on players you don’t like because there’s no way you will say ogu has zero skills. Infact, his flaws as a midfielder is “lack of pace” other than that, he is good as any midfielder at SE. always a goal threat from long distance