SE 0 Senegal 1: Match Report & Lineup (+ Subs)......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE v Senegal: Team Lineup......

Post by wale1974 »

Flex Swift wrote:Hoping both Ighalo and Akpeyi pick up and injuries ruling them out of Afcon or Senegal spell Nigeria forcing Rohr hand to drop both players
How do you sleep at night? People like you are destroying our country.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oscar52 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Not scoring a single goal in 180 minutes of game action is a concern, glorified friendly or not.
That why I didn't like Iheanacho's exclusion. He is a proven goalscorer for SE and Onuachu is not. Oh well.
:blush: :rotf: :rotf: Agent
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robotnik wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Not a good sign
For losing a friendly match or what I would call a glorified match of set...
Nigeria vs Egypt (0-0) [Forget the first minute]
Nigeria vs Zimbabwe (0-0)
Nigeria vs Senegal (0-1)

Are you seeing the trend? We have played 269 minutes without score a goal against African opposition.

Most of CEs are playing ostrich here.
The trend is that these are all meaningless friendlies and the last competative game against South Africa we scored 3 goals (2 incorrectly dissalowed)

The competative game before that we scored another 3, and before that 4 goals.

Wait till the competition starts and there is something to play for.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Flex Swift wrote:Hoping both Ighalo and Akpeyi pick up and injuries ruling them out of Afcon or Senegal spell Nigeria forcing Rohr hand to drop both players

You are one sick MOFO!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Not a good sign
For losing a friendly match or what I would call a glorified match of set...
Nigeria vs Egypt (0-0) [Forget the first minute]
Nigeria vs Zimbabwe (0-0)
Nigeria vs Senegal (0-1)

Are you seeing the trend? We have played 269 minutes without score a goal against African opposition.

Most of CEs are playing ostrich here.
The trend is that these are all meaningless friendlies and the last competative game against South Africa we scored 3 goals (2 incorrectly dissalowed)

The competative game before that we scored another 3, and before that 4 goals.

Wait till the competition starts and there is something to play for.
I agree with this assessment on goals, however, there is another trend I am concerned about, which is that we have lost to most credible teams we've played in friendlies and have lost to credible teams in competitive games as well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE 0 Senegal 1: Match Report & Lineup (+ Subs)......

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Akpeyi got to play all 180 minutes of friendly action for Nigeria
Isn’t he the starter?

Even if he was the starter, which is bad. Why not take a look at the backup goalkeepers?
Didn’t Rohr do the exact same thing in the run up to the World Cup? At least he’s consistent, once he picks a number 1 he plays them throughout the run up to the competition.
Exactly.
U can tell he is attempting to build up the confidence of the keeper in himself and the confidence of the team in the keeper.
Uzoho has obviously fallen down the pecking order and Ezenwa...is Ezenwa, who might even still be recovering from injury.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:John ogu zero skills? You clowns must like picking on players you don’t like because there’s no way you will say ogu has zero skills. Infact, his flaws as a midfielder is “lack of pace” other than that, he is good as any midfielder at SE. always a goal threat from long distance
Ogu doesn't do leg-overs but he has bribed a clueless Rohr and probably has a German wife and that's why he in the squad. :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

The line-up is quite strange. Either Kalu was playing as a RB in a 4-4-2 or else we were playing with a 3-5-2 with some mystery central defender (Ogu?). Seems weird that in the last friendly before the competition, Rohr is trying players in new positions. Anyone knows anything else about this?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

You are one sick MOFO!!!
:rotf: see reply...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Paveman wrote:The line-up is quite strange. Either Kalu was playing as a RB in a 4-4-2 or else we were playing with a 3-5-2 with some mystery central defender (Ogu?). Seems weird that in the last friendly before the competition, Rohr is trying players in new positions. Anyone knows anything else about this?
Paveman

It is a 3-5-2. Omeruo, Ekong, Ogu are the defenders. Kalu and Collins are the wingbacks. Chukwueze and ighalo are the most advanced players. My tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

1naija wrote:

You are one sick MOFO!!!
:agree:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

5 pages of over analysis from folks who did not watch the training match. Trust CE. :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:5 pages of over analysis from folks who did not watch the training match. Trust CE. :lol:
Ppl just seem restless, haba our first game is in 5 days, just be patient, we will see how our team looks against mighty Burundi. Meanwhile we have Copa America...lets talk about how Qatar will flog our SE :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:5 pages of over analysis from folks who did not watch the training match. Trust CE. :lol:
Ppl just seem restless, haba our first game is in 5 days, just be patient, we will see how our team looks against mighty Burundi. Meanwhile we have Copa America...lets talk about how Qatar will flog our SE :taunt:
that QATAR NO BE JOKE OOOO
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Did any of you guys see this video? Is this the right video from the friendly? Its confusing because it looks like we scored a pk, but dat take style rezemble Nacho, and i see a lil crowd. As for the gk if that is Akpeyi.. no words.

[/video]
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:

Did any of you guys see this video? Is this the right video from the friendly? Its confusing because it looks like we scored a pk, but dat take style rezemble Nacho, and i see a lil crowd. As for the gk if that is Akpeyi.. no words.

[/video]

No that is a friendly we played against Senegal in England, I believe in 2017.

Final score was 1-1
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

[/video]

No that is a friendly we played against Senegal in England, I believe in 2017 or 2018.

Final score was 1-1

Ahh thats right they played at the Hive I think.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Until we beat them and all of a sudden it will be "It is just QATAR"...Fans mehn...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Until we beat them and all of a sudden it will be "It is just QATAR"...Fans mehn...smh
em, they aren't a joke.... fyi the Paraguay coach dey vex and bobo say why did they invite QATAR to COPA America :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
em, they aren't a joke.... fyi the Paraguay coach dey vex and bobo say why did they invite QATAR to COPA America :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I know the Qatar team is solid but trust my Naija people to say it is just Qatar why did we beat them by only 2-1.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

but it is just Qatar..we should be wiring them
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ANC wrote:John Ogu agreed. Sometimes i wonder if he has any shame. He has zero skills, just jam-body thats it.
:scared:

Which John Ogu are you describing?

After Mikel, dude is about the most skilful footballer on the team. Plays a calm game and has short, medium and long range passing skills. What is universally known about him just like Mikel is their lack of pace. But when it comes to skills and football IQ, he is up there.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cellular wrote:
ANC wrote:John Ogu agreed. Sometimes i wonder if he has any shame. He has zero skills, just jam-body thats it.
:scared:

Which John Ogu are you describing?

After Mikel, dude is about the most skillful footballer on the team. Plays a calm game and has short, medium and long range passing skills. What is universally known about him just like Mikel is their lack of pace. But when it comes to skills and football IQ, he is up there.
Oh please allow agents to rant my broda :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: