It is all good when you criticize players...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It is all good when you criticize players...

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:ok, just saw the part of differentiating txj,, bigpokey and ohene... what's the point of including me in that statement?
You break every rule. Even the one of laughing last and best. :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:His post was in poor taste but people are overreacting, contrary to popular belief him wishing ill on a player won't bring injury to them. If wishes here carried any weight SE would be celebrating a one year anniversary of a World Cup three peat.

There is no reason to ban him or open a whole thread to criticize him, everyone could have quoted and condemned him and moved on.
Insulting people's parents does no harm to them either but it is against forum rules because it is in bad taste.
This is no different but does not carry a penalty and nobody is banning him. So stop making a spectacle of a baseless speculation.

If it is no different, how is it that it is not listed as a contravention of the rules?

The reaction here suggesting a ban is as despicable as the commentary itself.
ITK don come again.
This is a forum. People nor get work? Or you think this is what we do 24/7? Are we to list every single possible punishable offense? If that were the case, you'd have been banned long time ago for falsely trying to pass ignorance as 'informed' arrogance. :taunt:

This particular situation was never anticipated and if there is a need to modify the rules, it will be done. But retroactive punishment isn't going to fly and like someone said, Flexswift doesn't have a history of offensive language or behavior.

Much as one has to respect forumers' opinions, one also has to be careful in stifling self-expression. 'This is no different' does not imply it is identical. For instance, you are 'no different' from Ohenhen and Bigporkey, but that doesn't mean you are all one and the same person. So please, make we hear word. :taunt:
What are we Africans so sensitive to contrary opinion; even despicable opinion?
Maybe you should go and ask Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin why they are hiding their African ancestries. :lol:

The point which appears lost on you is that it doesn't rise to the level of parental insult, or any contravention whatsoever. Proactive or retroactive....And it doesn't matter whether flexswift has a history of offensive behavior or not.

Its an opinion, period... As a MOD you should be primarily focused on protecting free speech not engaged in search for how to stifle it...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:ok, just saw the part of differentiating txj,, bigpokey and ohene... what's the point of including me in that statement?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigporkey you should do stand up comedy, walahi.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

There's a simple way to get rid of low-quality posters (Rawlings) and one-time egregious offenders (like Flexswift), give all forumers privileges to like or dislike posts. Once someone gets a certain amount of dislikes, he is automatically suspended/punished. That way we can self-police people instead of always calling on admins, who quite honestly most times can't be bothered to even post.

That said, I don't think Flex Swift needs to be punished in any way. It was a classless statement, but I see them every day on CE. Rant and Rave is full of very useless posters. He wishes injury on certain players....so? Useless thoughts...those guys are already successes and no cursing or wishing can reverse that.
Last edited by airwolex on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:His post was in poor taste but people are overreacting, contrary to popular belief him wishing ill on a player won't bring injury to them. If wishes here carried any weight SE would be celebrating a one year anniversary of a World Cup three peat.

There is no reason to ban him or open a whole thread to criticize him, everyone could have quoted and condemned him and moved on.
Insulting people's parents does no harm to them either but it is against forum rules because it is in bad taste.
This is no different but does not carry a penalty and nobody is banning him. So stop making a spectacle of a baseless speculation.

If it is no different, how is it that it is not listed as a contravention of the rules?

The reaction here suggesting a ban is as despicable as the commentary itself.
ITK don come again.
This is a forum. People nor get work? Or you think this is what we do 24/7? Are we to list every single possible punishable offense? If that were the case, you'd have been banned long time ago for falsely trying to pass ignorance as 'informed' arrogance. :taunt:

This particular situation was never anticipated and if there is a need to modify the rules, it will be done. But retroactive punishment isn't going to fly and like someone said, Flexswift doesn't have a history of offensive language or behavior.

Much as one has to respect forumers' opinions, one also has to be careful in stifling self-expression. 'This is no different' does not imply it is identical. For instance, you are 'no different' from Ohenhen and Bigporkey, but that doesn't mean you are all one and the same person. So please, make we hear word. :taunt:
What are we Africans so sensitive to contrary opinion; even despicable opinion?
Maybe you should go and ask Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin why they are hiding their African ancestries. :lol:

The point which appears lost on you is that it doesn't rise to the level of parental insult, or any contravention whatsoever. Proactive or retroactive....And it doesn't matter whether flexswift has a history of offensive behavior or not.

Its an opinion, period... As a MOD you should be primarily focused on protecting free speech not engaged in search for how to stifle it...
True, that why I am in full support of those pushing to ban him, abi?
Al the points I have made in his favour are totally lost on you and that's simply becos all your brain parts are in the wrong places.
Guy, you need to reset. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

airwolex wrote:There's a simple way to get rid of low-quality posters (Rawlings) and one-time egregious offenders (like Flexswift), give all forumers privileges to like or dislike posts. Once someone gets a certain amount of dislikes, he is automatically suspended/punished. That way we can self-police people instead of always calling on admins, who quite honestly most times can't be bothered to even post..
No because this can be abused easily.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
It is in extreme poor taste. I find the comment personally despicable and abhorrent.

But players are public figures. And folks have wished death and if there was something worse than death on public figures.

I still retain that folks are free to make an arse of themselves in public.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think cellular should be banned for saying folks are allowed to make an arse of themselves in public...I find that condescending
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

kalani JR wrote:
airwolex wrote:There's a simple way to get rid of low-quality posters (Rawlings) and one-time egregious offenders (like Flexswift), give all forumers privileges to like or dislike posts. Once someone gets a certain amount of dislikes, he is automatically suspended/punished. That way we can self-police people instead of always calling on admins, who quite honestly most times can't be bothered to even post..
Not if we are pegged at certain amounts of likes and dislikes; maybe 20 a year. Some other forums do this.

Personally, I will use most of my dislikes on Rawlings sha. I want him out soooooo bad! The rest I will save for the occasional low IQ posts from the likes of Fabio and Kongi. :boo: :boo: :boo: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Kudos to Robby for calling Flex out. I hope that next time, he'll measure his words even though he's not known for such utterances.
But where was the same outcry when Vancity Eagle wished death on Coach Amodu or someone like Rawlings who is freely roaming the CE calling our players all sorts of derogatory names? A little consistency will go a long way.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

airwolex wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Not if we are pegged at certain amounts of likes and dislikes; maybe 20 a year. Some other forums do this.

Personally, I will use most of my dislikes on Rawlings sha. I want him out soooooo bad! The rest I will save for the occasional low IQ posts from the likes of Fabio and Kongi. :boo: :boo: :boo: :woot: :woot: :woot:
See you've admitted that you'll target people, for that reason it is a bad idea.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ekorian wrote:Kudos to Robby for calling Flex out. I hope that next time, he'll measure his words even though he's not known for such utterances.
But where was the same outcry when Vancity Eagle wished death on Coach Amodu or someone like Rawlings who is freely roaming the CE calling our players all sorts of derogatory names? A little consistency will go a long way.
see pot :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you should have been banned a while back
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

kalani JR wrote:
airwolex wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

See you've admitted that you'll target people, for that reason it is a bad idea.
I honestly think if we were pegged to a certain number of likes and dislikes then most people will use it judiciously. However, you are right.... I will use most of my privileges for Rawlings and certain posts by the likes of Kongi (when he is being anti-foreign Nigerians) and Bouncer. Just a thought anyway. I am on a forum where this system seems to work.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

airwolex wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

This was tested on NaijaRyders forum. It was seriously abused. Forumers formed cliques and used their combined powers to deal with other forumers.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cristao II wrote:
airwolex wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

This was tested on NaijaRyders forum. It was seriously abused. Forumers formed cliques and used their combined powers to deal with other forumers.
LOL...It is only us Nigerians or Naijarian (how Mr. Presido dey talk am) that will make simple things complicated. :lol:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Personally i dont get the sanctimonious grandstanding .

Cringeworthy comment no doubt but Most of us would have forgotten the comment by now and moved on but opening up a whole new thread just to pile on ?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

BAP wrote:Personally i dont get the sanctimonious grandstanding .

Cringeworthy comment no doubt but Most of us would have forgotten the comment by now and moved on but opening up a whole new thread just to pile on ?
It is the state of our snow flakes if you ask me. A low down shame.

Signed Robbynice :)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051