It is all good when you criticize players...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
It is all good when you criticize players...

Post by Robbynice »

...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It is all good when you criticize players...

Post by danfo driver »

Mods, please merge this thread with the thread where the attack on Ighalo and Akpeyi happened. If everyone starts opening threads to respond to each post, the forum will be flooded. Thank you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:

Agree. When people are wishing players who are trying their best for the country ill it leaves me fuming. We can be critical but there should be a red line we cannot and should not cross. I just cannot imagine how vile someone has to be to really wish any player gets hurt and misses the tournament. We should not wish such on our opponents let alone our team. Really shameful.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:

I KPOM this statement!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

In the spirit of CE anybody that wishes our players harm should be banned.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It is mostly goon cvnts. They do it at club level so their useless team can occupy a position they don't deserve.

They've now carried that ish to the national team.

Ban all goons I say, including goon supporting mods :sneaky: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Mods, please merge this thread with the thread where the attack on Ighalo and Akpeyi happened. If everyone starts opening threads to respond to each post, the forum will be flooded. Thank you.
Abeg, provide the thread link.
I don search but I no see am.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I wouldn’t merge the threads. This is a serious issue that deserves its own discussion. It certainly doesn’t fall into a generic category of “if everyone started opening threads...”.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

..now rules don change.
Fat faced iidiots will spout nonsense and their "friends" here will support them.
As for this guy now, the shame is too much him friends no wan come to his aid.
Just like Trump the other day saying he will violate US law and accept dirt from foreigners.
His republican backers, including Fox news, shame catch them, dem no fit come and support his blatant spouting.
na so CE dey, and Nigeria at large.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:I wouldn’t merge the threads. This is a serious issue that deserves its own discussion. It certainly doesn’t fall into a generic category of “if everyone started opening threads...”.
Good point. I didn't think of it that way.
Let us see if there is an appetite for discussing this particular issue further.
The original quote(s) would be helpful though.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Agreed!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I move the motion that Flexswift be given a 1 month ban. (Until after the Nations cup)

Someone should second the motion.

Thanks.
Peter Obi For President 2023
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:..now rules don change.
It seems so. We can now open threads to respond to people's posts.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
waka-man wrote:I wouldn’t merge the threads. This is a serious issue that deserves its own discussion. It certainly doesn’t fall into a generic category of “if everyone started opening threads...”.
Let us see if there is an appetite for discussing this particular issue further.
Why? Because its a thread opened by one o the favorite beloved? If this was a thread opened by someone you people hate would you be finding out whether we have "appetite?"

Cybereagles will never change. The level of nepotism here is nauseating.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No, it does not. The gentleman who wished injury on Ighalo and Akpeyi is free to say whatever he likes. Yes, his comments were abhorrent and shocking to the conscience, but he has the right to say what he said. I criticized him on that thread because we have always had a non-spoken long-standing agreement that wishing injury on any player, no matter who the player plays for, is absolutly disgraceful. But it is not a sin, it is not a crime and it is not against forum rules. He can say whatever he likes.

To now make it a topic of discussion on another thread-- specifically when this is not an original thought, but a response to a post-- is very very nonsensical. And the only reason it is being tolerated is because one of the favorite beloved lovely posters made this thread. Let us not be ashamed to be honest! This thread would have been merged immediately if it was opened by a hated poster.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Babalawo wrote:I move the motion that Flexswift be given a 1 month ban. (Until after the Nations cup)

Thanks.
Ban him for what? For posting his opinion that does not break any rules? Please, sit down before I give you a dirty slap.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why? Because its a thread opened by one o the favorite beloved? If this was a thread opened by someone you people hate would you be finding out whether we have "appetite?"

Cybereagles will never change. The level of nepotism here is nauseating.
You've always been paranoid and full of conspiracy theories and the level of pig-headedly arguing feelings as if facts is what is truly "nauseating" on this board. :idea:

You've always taken positions and accused others opposed to it of having agendas based solely on your feelings.
But mad as all that is, it's allowed.....

There are not many active mods/admins on this board - far fewer than you'd ever believe - so feel free to identify those people you refer to and their so-called "Beloveds''. Also those "hated" ones.

When things go your way how come you don't attribute it to your being a 'beloved' of a mod? :lol
Abi na only you get sense for here?

Its your silly ego that is being hurt here, just becos your suggestion has been overruled by not just one person, but by a good number of reasonable, so-called 'beloveds'. :roll:

Abegi...stop being such a drama queen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

what has happened to this forum?
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
No, it does not. The gentleman who wished injury on Ighalo and Akpeyi is free to say whatever he likes. Yes, his comments were abhorrent and shocking to the conscience, but he has the right to say what he said. I criticized him on that thread because we have always had a non-spoken long-standing agreement that wishing injury on any player, no matter who the player plays for, is absolutly disgraceful. But it is not a sin, it is not a crime and it is not against forum rules. He can say whatever he likes.

To now make it a topic of discussion on another thread-- specifically when this is not an original thought, but a response to a post-- is very very nonsensical. And the only reason it is being tolerated is because one of the favorite beloved lovely posters made this thread. Let us not be ashamed to be honest! This thread would have been merged immediately if it was opened by a hated poster.
What are you on about? Baba calm yourself down. This is not the first time I have heard a member of the forum wish injuries to our players. The particular incident you are dwelling is just the latest incident and I think it is time it is called out. I am not sure why you feel the need to write an epistle just to drive your irrelevant point across but this is a serious topic of discussion hence the reason I opened the thread. If you don't get that then it is a damn shame.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kpom
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

No one should be banned. Our collective verbal humiliation of he who should not be named should be enough
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kawawa wrote:No one should be banned. Our collective verbal humiliation of he who should not be named should be enough
Banning is not on the table as an option. Forget the alarmists, abeg.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:
Babalawo wrote:I move the motion that Flexswift be given a 1 month ban. (Until after the Nations cup)

Thanks.
Ban him for what? For posting his opinion that does not break any rules? Please, sit down before I give you a dirty slap.

Opinion? Gotta be kidding me. Seriously? Wishing injury is now an opinion on CE? Wow!

I second the motion to ban the piece of s$&/& that Ighalo injured.
OCCUPY NFF!!