It is all good when you criticize players...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: It is all good when you criticize players...

Post by Flex Swift »

Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
I take a different view. One of the many reasons why Nigeria is the way it is because people don’t protest and speak their minds. Now the place has been taken over by religious predators and criminal politicians.

I am protesting against the inclusion of two waste pipes in our national team. Our history with Ighalo didn’t start today it goes back to when he was captain of the under 20 Eagles and was beaten by 10 man Germany he didn’t score a single goal in the tournament and was exposed.

He was taken to the last World Cup where he failed to score a single goal resulting in the team crashing out in the first round. Keshi’‘s team paraded the likes of Uchebo, Babatunde and co still managed to reach the knock -out stage of the World Cup.So what I am saying is at what point do we say enough it is enough and stop inviting standard footballers to the national team. There has been a lot of talk about the loss of form of the only clinical striker the team has. I take the view he is young, plays in the EPL has a better arsenal then any other attacking player: ability from free-kicks & penalties can shoot from outside the 18 etc . He has played in a FIFA under 17 tournament and won the golden boot. Was injured durning the World Cup proper and he hid his injury hence his poor performance against Argentina I think he should have made this squad. Would Brazil drop Nemar ,would Argentina drop Messi , would England drop Harry Kane?

Now that I have everyone’s attention I don’t want Ighalo and Akpeyi to pick up an injury I want them to play in the cup nations and show their true colours so that we can fire Rohr as soon as we get knocked out because one thing is for sure Nigeria can not win the competition if they can’t score and they keep conceding.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:In the spirit of CE anybody that wishes our players harm should be banned.
Seconded.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
I take a different view. One of the many reasons why Nigeria is the way it is because people don’t protest and speak their minds. Now the place has been taken over by religious predators and criminal politicians.

I am protesting against the inclusion of two waste pipes in our national team. Our history with Ighalo didn’t start today it goes back to when he was captain of the under 20 Eagles and was beaten by 10 man Germany he didn’t score a single goal in the tournament and was exposed.

He was taken to the last World Cup where he failed to score a single goal resulting in the team crashing out in the first round. Keshi’‘s team paraded the likes of Uchebo, Babatunde and co still managed to reach the knock -out stage of the World Cup.So what I am saying is at what point do we say enough it is enough and stop inviting standard footballers to the national team. There has been a lot of talk about the loss of form of the only clinical striker the team has. I take the view he is young, plays in the EPL has a better arsenal then any other attacking player: ability from free-kicks & penalties can shoot from outside the 18 etc . He has played in a FIFA under 17 tournament and won the golden boot. Was injured durning the World Cup proper and he hid his injury hence his poor performance against Argentina I think he should have made this squad. Would Brazil drop Nemar ,would Argentina drop Messi , would England drop Harry Kane?

Now that I have everyone’s attention I don’t want Ighalo and Akpeyi to pick up an injury I want them to play in the cup nations and show their true colours so that we can fire Rohr as soon as we get knocked out because one thing is for sure Nigeria can not win the competition if they can’t score and they keep conceding.
How many goals did Nwankwo Kanu score in all the senior tournaments (excluding U17 and Olympics) that he participated? So using your theory, we should have wished him injury earlier on just to ensure he didn't play any more tournaments? A sick joke is a sick joke, there is no way to spin it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Flex Swift wrote:

Baba this is all tales by moonlight. I am not advocating for a ban because at the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion. However wishing that our players get injured just because you don't like the players or because you don't want to see them play is just plain WRONG. No way to spin or justify it. These are guys that give their all and sacrifice for the nation, one that is not always appreciative of their sacrifices. What is not right is not right baba. Haba!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Flex Swift wrote:

Stop this ridiculous justification.
Be an adult and apologise for your post. It was in poor taste.
Otherwise I agree: this should result in a ban.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Flex Swift, this is like me wishing injury on you so that you don't get to make posts about injuries towards players you don't want on the team.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:Stop this ridiculous justification.
Be an adult and apologise for your post. It was in poor taste.
Otherwise I agree: this should result in a ban.
Simple.
He's now digging an even deeper grave by wishing them both a terrible tournament, implying they should fokkop big time at the expense of the team just so that "we can fire Rohr as soon as we get knocked out" .

Even the politician analogy is sick.
Much as we can't stand them, which normal person amongst us would wish them a stroke or heart attack just so they'd never stand in the Senate or HOR again? :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:

Story.
And with that one statement, you have joined Vancity Eagle in the CE Hall of Infamy.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ban him...I got banned for spelling assnal as assanal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Ban him...I got banned for spelling assnal as assanal
You're an ID10T that should be banned for just being born an ID10T. :twisted: :idea:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If you really got banned for that, how come you are risking a second ban and you're not being banned for making the exact same spelling 'mistake'?

You probably don't even know what you were banned for.
Or maybe you didn't even get banned but banned yourself in your confusion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

skillful wrote:what has happened to this forum?
...everyone is rich now, everyone na oga, and all of them na jaguda baba ole.

I always like to use American Trump as a reference, just look at him, rich but lives in the gutter.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

x
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Some sick agents on here I swear.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
If you really got banned for that, how come you are risking a second ban and you're not being banned for making the exact same spelling 'mistake'?

Or maybe you didn't even get banned but banned yourself in your confusion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Word.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Flex Swift wrote:

...pray, let your backers on CE who so ashamed they don't wanna show face/comment, so you gonna wallow in this idiocy all alone...see Trump.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:

That loser Oba....banned me for opening a game thread and typing assanal as assnal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Flex Swift wrote:

There comes a time to man up and just say you are sorry! Is it really that difficult to comprehend how shallow and self serving your comments are?. All this hate on Ighalo because your non-scoring clinical striker was dropped. I did not know about the injury at WC last year by the way, has he been hiding that same World Cup injury for a whole year, maybe that explains it all.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

That loser Oba....banned me for opening a game thread and typing assanal as assnal
Oba was a ganster sha! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote:Some sick agents on here I swear.
Na so we see am o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?