It is all good when you criticize players...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: It is all good when you criticize players...

Post by kalani JR »

His post was in poor taste but people are overreacting, contrary to popular belief him wishing ill on a player won't bring injury to them. If wishes here carried any weight SE would be celebrating a one year anniversary of a World Cup three peat.

There is no reason to ban him or open a whole thread to criticize him, everyone could have quoted and condemned him and moved on.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
These are people who actually do juju to kill someone. That's a sick dude, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote:His post was in poor taste but people are overreacting, contrary to popular belief him wishing ill on a player won't bring injury to them. If wishes here carried any weight SE would be celebrating a one year anniversary of a World Cup three peat.

There is no reason to ban him or open a whole thread to criticize him, everyone could have quoted and condemned him and moved on.
Insulting people's parents does no harm to them either but it is against forum rules because it is in bad taste.
This is no different but does not carry a penalty and nobody is banning him. So stop making a spectacle of a baseless speculation.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ban him... :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:His post was in poor taste but people are overreacting, contrary to popular belief him wishing ill on a player won't bring injury to them. If wishes here carried any weight SE would be celebrating a one year anniversary of a World Cup three peat.

Insulting people's parents does no harm to them either but it is against forum rules because it is in bad taste.
This is no different but does not carry a penalty and nobody is banning him. So stop making a spectacle of a baseless speculation.
I mean that is more direct thing to another forum member, if I curse out random public figure's parent no one will give a $#%.

People have called for bans so I'm not making baseless speculation.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...But when you start to wish players get injured just because you think the player is not good enough is crossing the line. I mean I don't get it with some fans that we have here. Is it asking to much to wish the players and the coaches of the team all the best as they represent the nation? Honestly it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh... :curse:
These are people who actually do juju to kill someone. That's a sick dude, period.
Juju ??you are still very primitive . Over reacting because I wanted Ighalo to pull a hamstring!! A very common and normal sports injury.
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:
Juju ??you are still very primitive . Over reacting because I wanted Ighalo to pull a hamstring!! A very with common and normal sports injury.
You really mean business with this injury thing. You are going the 'trumpian' route- doubling down on an obvious mistake
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

ikemba wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:
Juju ??you are still very primitive . Over reacting because I wanted Ighalo to pull a hamstring!! A very with common and normal sports injury.
You really mean business with this injury thing. You are going the 'trumpian' route- doubling down on an obvious mistake

AFCON go soon start and all of you will be wishing Apkeyi and Ighalo were not selected. I am happy because it will speed up the firing process of Rohr the same way the waste-pipe Efe Ambrose cost Samson Siasa his job.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:

AFCON go soon start and all of you will be wishing Apkeyi and Ighalo were not selected. I am happy because it will speed up the firing process of Rohr the same way the waste-pipe Efe Ambrose cost Samson Siasa his job.
You'd prefer to be right and have injuries plague Ighalo and Akpeyi so we quickly get eliminated with Rohr losing his job rather than you being wrong and have them stay injury-free whilst we do well in the competition.
This is why some people think you are evil.
Very warped thinking.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Moderators and Admins I have gotten a 2nd and 3rd motion supporting my call to Ban Flex Swift for 1 month for his tasteless comment.
I believe we are all gentlemen on this forum, but for a member to state he hopes a fellow Nigerian gets an injury is a sick and tasteless comment. How do we know these guys are not members of cybereagles? They could be peoples parents and siblings to. If the rules do not permit people cursing out parents of fellow CE members, calling or wishing for an Injury on a sports person representing NIGERIA and most importantly the EAGLES for which this forum is built around should also not be tolerated. If the rules have to be amended to accommodate this, then so be it. I cringed when I read that. As a Physician you can imagine how troubling I found that.

CE admins should do the right thing and Ban FlexSwift till after the ANC, and No I am not joking! Such bitter soul shouldn't even be allowed to have a username and password.
Peter Obi For President 2023
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Classless, but if classlessness was a bannable offense then half of this forum would be banned. Tbh Flex Swift is not someone I see as particularly troublesome.

I think we Africans over-react, it's not as if he has the juju to actually cause harm.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:

You'd prefer to be right and have injuries plague Ighalo and Akpeyi so we quickly get eliminated with Rohr losing his job rather than you being wrong and have them stay injury-free whilst we do well in the competition.
Very warped thinking.
And I know you are not asking me but it must be said that it is a damn shame...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I'm somewhat conflicted.

In a way i support a ban so as to desist from that level of commentary here but i also think while the comment in of itself is despicable, the user who made does not have a history of such comments.

I think the mods should delete the comment from the thread and issue a warning to the forumer. We can then amend the rules to ensure this type of crap doesnt happen again.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Ugbowo wrote:I'm somewhat conflicted.

In a way i support a ban so as to desist from that level of commentary here but i also think while the comment in of itself is despicable, the user who made does not have a history of such comments.

I think the mods should delete the comment from the thread and issue a warning to the forumer. We can then amend the rules to ensure this type of crap doesnt happen again.

Never underestimate the power of the mind!

Meanwhile Howfar? been a minute.
Peter Obi For President 2023
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Mods, please merge this thread with the thread where the attack on Ighalo and Akpeyi happened. If everyone starts opening threads to respond to each post, the forum will be flooded. Thank you.
Abeg, provide the thread link.
I don search but I no see am.
I think he is alluding to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295172

The second post by BigP talks about the injury.

Cheers!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ban him :D also ban damunk just for being clueless
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:

Very warped thinking.
So forums think I am evil? This is a joke right?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
1naija wrote:

Very warped thinking.
So forums think I am evil? This is a joke right?
Even if they think you are evil, how does that affect your life? Do they pay your rent? or feed you? These are people you are most likely never going to meet, ever! You should not care what they think of you.

Just as important, you should recognize that you should not wish bad things to happen to people. Its tactless and shows bad character.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:In the spirit of CE anybody that wishes our players harm should be banned.
Don't be a snowflake. It's a wish not a horse. :P
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:

If it is no different, how is it that it is not listed as a contravention of the rules?

The reaction here suggesting a ban is as despicable as the commentary itself.

What are we Africans so sensitive to contrary opinion; even despicable opinion?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

If it is no different, how is it that it is not listed as a contravention of the rules?

ITK don come again.
This is a forum. People nor get work? Or you think this is what we do 24/7? Are we to list every single possible punishable offense? If that were the case, you'd have been banned long time ago for falsely trying to pass ignorance as 'informed' arrogance. :taunt:

This particular situation was never anticipated and if there is a need to modify the rules, it will be done. But retroactive punishment isn't going to fly and like someone said, Flexswift doesn't have a history of offensive language or behavior.

Much as one has to respect forumers' opinions, one also has to be careful in stifling self-expression. 'This is no different' does not imply it is identical. For instance, you are 'no different' from Ohenhen and Bigporkey, but that doesn't mean you are all one and the same person. So please, make we hear word. :taunt:
Maybe you should go and ask Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin why they are hiding their African ancestries. :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

ITK don come again.
This is a forum. People nor get work? Or you think this is what we do 24/7? Are we to list every single possible punishable offense? If that were the case, you'd have been banned long time ago for falsely trying to pass ignorance as 'informed' arrogance. :taunt:

This particular situation was never anticipated and if there is a need to modify the rules, it will be done. But retroactive punishment isn't going to fly and like someone said, Flexswift doesn't have a history of offensive language or behavior.

Much as one has to respect forumers' opinions, one also has to be careful in stifling self-expression. 'This is no different' does not imply it is identical. For instance, you are 'no different' from Ohenhen and Bigporkey, but that doesn't mean you are all one and the same person. So please, make we hear word. :taunt:
Maybe you should go and ask Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin why they are hiding their African ancestries. :lol:
:rotf:txj don suffer
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ok, just saw the part of differentiating txj,, bigpokey and ohene... what's the point of including me in that statement?
SuperEagles