#RohrOut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: #RorhOut

Post by Bigpokey24 »

20 goals scored 13 of those goals were vs Libya and Seychelles, let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:Everyone keep attacking him and no one is saying anything, when I start my own na thunder go faya any moderator wey go tell me anything
Dude, nothing we are saying that wasn't mentioned last year.

Same timid tactics. Same crap served on a gold plate. No end result.

Yes we signed attendance register. What next?

what do you mean "no end result"

We havent even played one ANC under him and you can claim such rubbish

The "end result" so far is qualifying for a WC from a group of death and also qualifying for an ANC which we missed the previous 2 editions.

THAT IS AN END RESULT.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:Everyone keep attacking him and no one is saying anything, when I start my own na thunder go faya any moderator wey go tell me anything

The "end result" so far is qualifying for a WC from a group of death and also qualifying for an ANC which we missed the previous 2 editions.

THAT IS AN END RESULT.
You are correct. It just that the way the super eagles plays these days often fails to inspire confidence. He should let the team loose like Bonfere Jo did in Atlanta. Put the ball on the floor and play the ball.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COUNTDOWN TO ROHRS EXIT

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Tick Tock lol j/k
did you see what Egypt did to Guinea.. Rohr is going to come out and claim Keita plays for a big club etc... if you didn't see it let me post it again for you

[/video]
My brother, you think it is easy to go out there and bring the Cup. One of the SE players that played said Senegal is a very good team.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

THAT IS AN END RESULT.
You are correct. It just that the way the super eagles plays these days often fails to inspire confidence. He should let the team loose like Bonfere Jo did in Atlanta. Put the ball on the floor and play the ball.
This is why Amodu got sacked....no longer objective criteria but pure feelings.
"The way we played"....zokay.

Small time we will say Amodu was treated badly but we show no signs of having learnt any lessons from it and plan on doing the very same thing in the name of "fairness".

This is exactly how it started
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

THAT IS AN END RESULT.
Nigeria played well in all of our qualifiers. I dont put too much stock into some of these friendlies, where the opponents are packing the bus, or we are playing in a rainstorm on a poor pitch.

Sure the opponents in our ANCQ were not the strongest but we took care of them, what more can be asked ?

Can we at least wait until we play this tournament before we start talking about "end result" and "we are not playing well"

Jeez, I mean we are qualifying for tournaments with an ease never EVER seen before in our history, we haven't played 1 AFCON match, and so much noise is being made.

To quote Robbynice

IT IS A DAMN SHAME.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COUNTDOWN TO ROHRS EXIT

Post by vancity eagle »

Sir V wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Tick Tock lol j/k
did you see what Egypt did to Guinea.. Rohr is going to come out and claim Keita plays for a big club etc... if you didn't see it let me post it again for you

[/video]
My brother, you think it is easy to go out there and bring the Cup. One of the SE players that played said Senegal is a very good team.

Senegal is the best team in Africa, and people are getting all upset that we lost to them in a friendly kick around game, where both players were very likely playing at 50%.

The wolves are out for blood. It is very disgusting.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

cchinukw wrote:
Enyi wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
deanotito wrote:Rohr is a good manager. Actually, really good. Though, I won’t say great.

His downside is that he’s not really an offensive minded coach. He always thinks safety first, and that keeps him from trying truly audacious things offensively. Another is that he’s just a little too conservative in his approach to game management.

But….I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more mature SE coach in my life. Always knows what to say and when to say it. Manages his players, employers, the press and public very very well.

And by and large, he’s almost fully optimized our talent. If he was more offensive minded, I think he would have tried a few different tactical approaches to our midfield – our most worrisome dept (Goalie is what it is. He can’t do anything about that).
we cannot score goals . Just that simple

Give the man his due though, he has executed 2 high-profile qualification endeavors with pretty ruthless execution. Hard for me to remember a time when our qualification exercises had been these smooth....without tension etc. He hasn't won the World/Nations Cup, but WC was out of the question...Nations Cup, we'll see
Problem is he isn't doing what local coaches can't do.

Where is the value? In qualification????? :laugh:
As I mentioned earlier and deanotito said.....he brought stability, no infighting or accusation of bribery. His call ups has been spot on apart from the occasional one or two ( u cannot please everyone). His problem is that he is very conservative esp. in tournaments.
Fine. But he was in the main brought to address the issue of a dry trophy cabinet since 2013.

You are both missing the point like Herr Rohr.
Bros, where you expecting him to win the WC abi which one you dey talk? With some of those boys wey no fit trap ball?? He’s had 2 major qualification endeavors and one major tournament. In the qualifications, he did much better than average. In the tournament (WC), he performed about average. This is the first tournament that he has had a realistic chance of winning, so let’s see. I can only judge what he has done so far, and as we’ve said, he’s been good. Was Westerhof’s record in his first 3 years as good?

I’ll say it again. Rohr is a good coach. I wouldn’t say great, but he has performed satisfactorily. And on the softer skill side, he’s been outstanding. Let’s see how he does in this one. If he gets to the Semis, it’ll be another “satisfactory” outing. If he gets knocked out before then, he would have failed IMO.

The Nigerian squad has a lot of holes/issues. We don’t even have a good keeper. Midfield is overly defensive, and let’s not talk about non-scoring strikers. Rohr has less to work with than previous successful SE coaches, with the exception (maybe) of Stephen Keshi...but even Keshi won one nations cup and failed to qualify for the next.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:
cchinukw wrote: Fine. But he was in the main brought to address the issue of a dry trophy cabinet since 2013.

You are both missing the point like Herr Rohr.
Bros, where you expecting him to win the WC abi which one you dey talk? .
That one is a head-scratcher. :lol:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:
ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:No goals vs Uganda, No goals vs Zimbabwe and no goals vs Senegal....can't wait to laugh so hard

and he still plays Ighalo each time. I remember during the world cup when Musa opened the flood gate, I noticed how Ighalo started begging the coach to get in on the action. Ighalo was let in, but the rest is history as they say. If Rorh starts Ighalo ahead of Musa, Osihmen, then the man is either beholding to Ighalo or is a saboteur

and how do you know Ighalo was the problem ?

Do you know if chances were created for him ?

Last I remember Ighalo did not play vs Zimbabwe or Uganda.

Lets also conveniently forget that Ighalo was the top scorer in ANCQ

Ighalo is not the problem.
:clap: The problem is there are too many Nigerian men that panic like they lack testosterone my little sister can handle pressure better than them and she's a Spurs fan!
As for the Senegal game not many people actually saw what happened.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote: :clap: The problem is there are too many Nigerian men that panic like they lack testosterone my little sister can handle pressure better than them and she's a Spurs fan!
As for the Senegal game not many people actually saw what happened.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said.

All the outright negativity (as against genuine constructive criticism) is simply disguised panic.
"They are coming home early".
"I don't see them going far"
"Akpeyi and Shehu will be our downfall"
"Let them beat us so we can come home and sack Rohr"

Its all 'emotional insurance' for cowards who need the safety net of "I told you so" in the event of a painful exit.
Don't misunderstand them though.
They actually want us to do well, but they just can't handle the heat of anticipation and therefore choose to disinvest their fragile emotions.

"I can't come and go and die" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Wait, I’m confused. Senegal on paper is the number 1 ranked team and literally has the best squad on paper among all African teams. So, if Senegal is the number 1 ranked team on paper and has the best squad among all African teams then where is this arrogance coming from? Let’s be clear, Nigeria should always go into any game believing and hoping that they can defeat anyone however, when you lose to a Stronger team than you just STFU and work on your deficiencies. The problem with most Nigerians is their DELUSIONAL MENTALITY. They do not care about their opponents qualities, they do not care about facts/data/statistics but just think coaches are magicians lmao. This is how these delusional people were running their smelly and ignorant mouth disrespecting Croatia midfield untilhey were taught a football lesson. (No short on target) presently, our best striker is at BACKWATER of China, best midfielders are at BACKWATER of England and best defender couldn’t start at one of the worst club in EPL but you think its your birthright to defeat anyone LOL I Dey laugh in Swahili. This is how they sacked Amodu in2002 for losing to the best team in Africa. Please, have some sense
Of course, but if we lose to Burundi it’s not Rohrs fault since their players are so much better than ours! Either way Rohr has zero blame no matter what!
Sounds like you are saying "either way Rohr has total blame, no matter what"
He is not saying what you say he is saying any more than you are saying what I just said you are saying.
If that makes sense? :D
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Wait, I’m confused. Senegal on paper is the number 1 ranked team and literally has the best squad on paper among all African teams. So, if Senegal is the number 1 ranked team on paper and has the best squad among all African teams then where is this arrogance coming from? Let’s be clear, Nigeria should always go into any game believing and hoping that they can defeat anyone however, when you lose to a Stronger team than you just STFU and work on your deficiencies. The problem with most Nigerians is their DELUSIONAL MENTALITY. They do not care about their opponents qualities, they do not care about facts/data/statistics but just think coaches are magicians lmao. This is how these delusional people were running their smelly and ignorant mouth disrespecting Croatia midfield untilhey were taught a football lesson. (No short on target) presently, our best striker is at BACKWATER of China, best midfielders are at BACKWATER of England and best defender couldn’t start at one of the worst club in EPL but you think its your birthright to defeat anyone LOL I Dey laugh in Swahili. This is how they sacked Amodu in2002 for losing to the best team in Africa. Please, have some sense
Of course, but if we lose to Burundi it’s not Rohrs fault since their players are so much better than ours! Either way Rohr has zero blame no matter what!
He is not saying what you say he is saying any more than you are saying what I just said you are saying.
I believe that the reality is that limited funds meant that we could only afford a mediocre coach; that is consequently technically incapable of maximising the potentials of the team. As an individual, Mr Rohr seems a very good manager (injecting discipline, professionalism and structure in the team) but his technical abilities within the context of how the game is currently played is limited. It is obvious from his team tactics that his reading of the game is quite avearge (his team does not inspire confidence that there is any game plan and seem unco-ordinated and his substitutions are often poorly judged). He stuck for so long with Onazi, continues to stick with Ighalo and it is not easy to understand why he consistently preferred Shehu at RB to Ebuehi. it is obvious he is technically underwhelming, relative to our capacity.

However, he means very well and is doing his best (an honest professional). He does not pretend to be what he is not, and has greatly stabilized the team and its dynamics (after the traumatic disarray caused to it by Oliseh's immaturity). After the AFCON would be the time to seek improvements in our technical leadership, to seek further funds and hire a more technically adept coach that can build on the stable framework established by Rohr and take to us to where we should be. There is only so much Rohr can do, and he fast reached his limit. Time to say thank you, and find someone who can get the best of out of the team and possibly grow on.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bros, you no see his thread that whatever happens in the ANC Rohr MUST stay...that's his mindset, I however will base Rohr's fate on how his team does, as that is what he has control over and what he was hired for.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We should fire him now
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We should fire you first angel*. Do you think there are any easy teams
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Burundi
SuperEagles

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Bigpokey24 wrote:We should fire him now
Yeah!, with you replacing coach Rohr.
..And you strolling the sidelines should be quite a sight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let's not carried away we labored to score again..Rohr could only score one goal with 65% possession.. the dad part is Burundi had 35 % of possession and had the same amount of shots as well as shots on goal vs the SE.

Yall are too blind to see the team hasn't improved. We haven't progressed since Oliseh and SSS left
SuperEagles

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Let's not carried away we labored to score again..Rohr could only score one goal with 65% possession.. the dad part is Burundi had 35 % of possession and had the same amount of shots as well as shots on goal vs the SE.

Yall are too blind to see the team hasn't improved. We haven't progressed since Oliseh and SSS left
My bro, continue to dey yarn dust.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:We should fire him now
Yeah!, with you replacing coach Rohr.
..And you strolling the sidelines should be quite a sight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did I ever say I wanted the SE job...why should I be a coach? Smh
SuperEagles

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Sir V wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Let's not carried away we labored to score again..Rohr could only score one goal with 65% possession.. the dad part is Burundi had 35 % of possession and had the same amount of shots as well as shots on goal vs the SE.

My bro, continue to dey yarn dust.
Dude, he speaks the truth. We struggled to score against Burundi and we actually got lucky.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just look at the stats( where is the improvement? or where are the improvements?) same huff and puff...Rohr hasn't improved the SE at all, stillplaying Mikel at AM ..smh
NGA BDI
Possession
64% 36%
Shots (on Goal)
15 (3) 15 (6)
https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=539313

SE had just 3 shots on goal all game ..while Burundi had 6
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles