In Which Forum Are AFCON/ANC Games?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: In Which Forum Are AFCON/ANC Games?

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:I think SE and African tournaments belong on Eagles Nest. EPL and other European leagues belong on Arsenal or Man U or Barcelona website.
Nope tfco will spam eagles nest

So?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

mystic wrote:
green4life wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:This splitting of the forums is frankly very stupid.

Who came up with this moronic idea ?

So AFCON doesn't deserve to be in Eagle's nest, yet threads about EPL do ?

what kind of nonsense is this ?

Abeg merge the damn forums.
Eagles nest is only for Nigerian football discussion. Other non-Nigerian football matters are on world football. Then again, if you want to see all threads, view the 'strictly soccer' classification and it will bring up all threads but when you respond, it will route you to the section for that thread. It has taken me a little getting used to but the truth of the matter is this is a Nigerian football forum therefore, Eagles nest should be limited to Nigerian matters.

Other football forums are setup the same way. For instance in the main Chelsea fan forum (based out of UK), moderators do not allow any non-CFC discussion in the CFC sub-forum. There are sub-forums for other categories (EPL, CL, etc that do not involve CFC). This is not a novel concept.
So we are free to discuss EPL on the main forum but not AFCON ?

How on earth does that make sense, and how is EPL "Nigerian related"

Yet AFCON which NIGERIA IS PLAYING IN, is not "Nigeria related"

You guys make no damn sense.
The key is whether the discussion relates to the Nigerian national team or its players. How is that so difficult to understand? We have discussed AFCON on Eagles Best where the topic relates to Nigeria. If we are discussing the performance of a Nigerian player in an EPL game (away from the match thread) it belongs in Eagles Nest. AFCON games that don't involve Nigeria and EPL game threads belong in World Football. There will be ambiguity from time to time but that is what the moderators are here for. This is not a new concept - many football forums have the same setup.
You couldn't be more succinct. Persin wey get ear, make him listen. :agree:

It's not a matter of being succinct. What has been proposed and implemented is simply wrong. Football tournaments in which Nigeria is a participant ought to be discussed here in full. Having one discussion about the African Cup of Nations (relating to Nigeria) in one forum, and a second discussion about the same African Cup of Nations (unrelated to Nigeria) in another forum is frankly quite ridiculous.

Kpom to the bolded

This is a multi-national forum that was founded by a Swede
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:I've come to a conclusion!

On CE, Nigeria is like a moon of the rest of the World planet.
It actually is like that on earth! :shock:

Where does it end though?

Why stop at footie? Why not do the same with other sports?
Heck, do the same in Rant n Rave, Technology Highway, Tinubu...!
Go and create Ugandan forum

Like you created Nigerian forum?

:roll:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ANC wrote:
mystic wrote:
green4life wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:

Eagles nest is only for Nigerian football discussion. Other non-Nigerian football matters are on world football. Then again, if you want to see all threads, view the 'strictly soccer' classification and it will bring up all threads but when you respond, it will route you to the section for that thread. It has taken me a little getting used to but the truth of the matter is this is a Nigerian football forum therefore, Eagles nest should be limited to Nigerian matters.

Other football forums are setup the same way. For instance in the main Chelsea fan forum (based out of UK), moderators do not allow any non-CFC discussion in the CFC sub-forum. There are sub-forums for other categories (EPL, CL, etc that do not involve CFC). This is not a novel concept.

The key is whether the discussion relates to the Nigerian national team or its players. How is that so difficult to understand? We have discussed AFCON on Eagles Best where the topic relates to Nigeria. If we are discussing the performance of a Nigerian player in an EPL game (away from the match thread) it belongs in Eagles Nest. AFCON games that don't involve Nigeria and EPL game threads belong in World Football. There will be ambiguity from time to time but that is what the moderators are here for. This is not a new concept - many football forums have the same setup.

It's not a matter of being succinct. What has been proposed and implemented is simply wrong. Football tournaments in which Nigeria is a participant ought to be discussed here in full. Having one discussion about the African Cup of Nations (relating to Nigeria) in one forum, and a second discussion about the same African Cup of Nations (unrelated to Nigeria) in another forum is frankly quite ridiculous.

Kpom to the bolded

This is a multi-national forum that was founded by a Swede
Yes, for the purpose of supporting Nigerian football. The name, cybereagles, tells one all they need to know.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Anc. The ghana little man, you are delusional, it is called cybereagles....eagles nest... we created a world football forum for you, go there and post African football. African has 50 plus different national football teams
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mystic wrote:
green4life wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:

There is no reason why Nigeria's games cannot be discussed in EN while the other AFCON games are discussed in WF. As I said earlier, this concept is not new. This is Eagles Nest.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

green4life wrote:
mystic wrote:
green4life wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:

Since when does Nigeria = Africa? This is a Nigerian football forum first and foremost no apologies. Eagles nest is for Nigerian football. It can't be more straightforward a concept just as Cfcnet is for Chelsea, yet they discuss all sorts of football there including ANC. But their main forum is for their club only and they are super strict on the content being discussed per thread.

If Zimbabwe plays Uganda in the ANC and I want to chime in, I will look for the thread where ever it's located and contribute. It's not difficult to find. Click on strictly soccer and you will get your fill. It's not that hard. We love to push back on rules but when we go to other people's or club forums, we will shut up, don't ask questions, follow the rules happily and enjoy their forum but when it comes to a naija thing, we must push, tug and drag over simple matters. I used to feel how the complainers felt - that was my initial feeling but I asked myself the rationale and it makes perfect sense. Now I am used to the new way and I have no complaints. You folks need to get with the program.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:
mystic wrote:[

Since when does Nigeria = Africa? This is a Nigerian football forum first and foremost no apologies. Eagles nest is for Nigerian football. It can't be more straightforward a concept just as Cfcnet is for Chelsea, yet they discuss all sorts of football there including ANC. But their main forum is for their club only and they are super strict on the content being discussed per thread.

If Zimbabwe plays Uganda in the ANC and I want to chime in, I will look for the thread where ever it's located and contribute. It's not difficult to find. Click on strictly soccer and you will get your fill. It's not that hard. We love to push back on rules but when we go to other people's or club forums, we will shut up, don't ask questions, follow the rules happily and enjoy their forum but when it comes to a naija thing, we must push, tug and drag over simple matters. I used to feel how the complainers felt - that was my initial feeling but I asked myself the rationale and it makes perfect sense. Now I am used to the new way and I have no complaints. You folks need to get with the program.
Well put G4L.

Because we have been doing the wrong thing for a long time does not make it right.

EAGLES NEST is for Naijarian football.

Many of us belong to other fan forums. How many of us will open threads to discuss hot topics involving other teams not related to the team the forum was opened for? We have World Football.

They should post it there.

If you want to know about every thread, just click on "Strictly Soccer" and it will show you the merged topics on both forums.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That's the problem with most Africans, they lack structure and order. They want to lump all topics in one book.

That's why yall lack basic filing and storage processes.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved