France 1 - 0 Nigeria FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: France 1 - 0 Nigeria FT

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:Shame on you all saying the girls were poor,also shame on those who said ref did a good job,she was supporting those French.Her ex boy friend is French,so he might have influence this ref.
I hope Buhari call the girls to encourage them that they did the nation proud.
so the game was lost because the ref ex-boyfriend was french ? really? seems like poor excuses, we lost because French were simply the better team, like i said, i admire the girls due to what they have to put up with by the authorities, surely they are never expected to go far in these types of competitions
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lolly wrote:
marko wrote:
Cellular wrote:Marko you and Oguleftie are funny lots.

The difficulty is at ALL level of our sports, not just football not just female football, male football especially.

You get what you put in...

There was an 18 month period where the NFF didn't give a damn about the women. Meanwhile, their opponents were training and playing games... not owed basic allowances.
I have said exactly the same thing about Nigeria sports in general, especially when Olympics approach and the sportsmen/ women dont have funding, look at the last Olympics in Brazil where Mikel had to fund the team due to the inability of the NFF to provide the needed expenses and what not

I have been very vocal here about the lack of government interest in sports, only there to reap the rewards! so based on your comments about no planning for 18 months, why on earth were some Nigerians in here angry about the outcome of the match? they are privy to the same information you just mentioned but expect miracles on the pitch, I think its fair that the countries who invest heavily into sports reaps the rewards, no shortcuts to success, am glad yesterday was another wake up call to the Nigerian government to catch up with the other top nations!
:lol: :lol: Don't expect any drastic changes until you start to jail officials for diverting and stealing commission funds.
That will never happen so we should just continue to get used to these failures from our sportsmen / women!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

ohenhen1 wrote:But against Argentina at the world cup. FIFA preached to us that it was not conclusive that is why they didn't rule in our favor.

[/video]
.....if there was no VAR, I would have accepted this as a miss. But for a FIFA approved ref to review on VAR and came back to say ..this wasn`t a penalty was a daylight robbery..I have lost interest in sports generally, it`s now a scam..!
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:But against Argentina at the world cup. FIFA preached to us that it was not conclusive that is why they didn't rule in our favor.

[/video]
.....if there was no VAR, I would have accepted this as a miss. But for a FIFA approved ref to review on VAR and came back to say ..this wasn`t a penalty was a daylight robbery..I have lost interest in sports generally, it`s now a scam..!
If you need any proof that FIFA and their cheating officials put all these rules in place more to shaft the smaller teams more than anything, do not look beyond this one. Even Barthlomew the blind man in the bible can see that hand ball. You don't need a VAR, when they called for VAR it was to be used to legitimise their cheating at that point. For any ref to come back and say it was not conclusive, even Specsavers cannot save the sight of that ref, only in the pits of hell can such be redeemed.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

[/video]
If you need any proof that FIFA and their cheating officials put all these rules in place more to shaft the smaller teams more than anything, do not look beyond this one. Even Barthlomew the blind man in the bible can see that hand ball. You don't need a VAR, when they called for VAR it was to be used to legitimise their cheating at that point. For any ref to come back and say it was not conclusive, even Specsavers cannot save the sight of that ref, only in the pits of hell can such be redeemed.
Don't think he said he didn't see the handball, but more so that the hand was not in an unnatural position...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

[/video]
Don't think he said he didn't see the handball, but more so that the hand was not in an unnatural position...
What is the difference, more bullshyte. Go and look at the foul they blew against SA and tell me where the hands should be. If that was against us it would be a penalty all day long without any explanation, abeg make I hear word. A guy goes up with hands flailing in the airs you are listening to someone telling you he does not think his hands are not in an unnatural position and you still want to interpret his comments as not meaning his blind.... Keep it, I will employ you to teach English in the night school I am building in my village :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

[/video]
What is the difference, more bullshyte. Go and look at the foul they blew against SA and tell me where the hands should be. If that was against us it would be a penalty all day long without any explanation, abeg make I hear word. A guy goes up with hands flailing in the airs you are listening to someone telling you he does not think his hands are not in an unnatural position and you still want to interpret his comments as not meaning his blind.... Keep it, I will employ you to teach English in the night school I am building in my village :lol:
You may not like the rules, but the rules were correctly enforced.

Under 2019 rules, that is a clear PK to Nigeria.

Peeps have to get off this perpetual victim mentality...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I keep telling Txj. Rules are exactly how you legitimize bias. A ref can get all his calls correctly by the book and still be terribly biased. You call one side for every nit-picky rule that exists in the books and ignore the side committing murder. Sooner or later, the side being treated unfairly is forced to become timid, apprehensive or combative (which then becomes a post-hoc justification for the disparate treatment). It is true in sports and sadly even more true in real life. There are successful ways to combat bias or mitigates its effect, artfully hiding behind legitimate rules is not one of them.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

amafolas wrote:I keep telling Txj. Rules are exactly how you legitimize bias. A ref can get all his calls correctly by the book and still be terribly biased. You call one side for every nit-picky rule that exists in the books and ignore the side committing murder. Sooner or later, the side being treated unfairly is forced to become timid, apprehensive or combative (which then becomes a post-hoc justification for the disparate treatment). It is true in sports and sadly even more true in real life. There are successful ways to combat bias or mitigates its effect, artfully hiding behind legitimate rules is not one of them.
I think your issues go way beyond football. I don't do conspiracies...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

amafolas wrote:I keep telling Txj. Rules are exactly how you legitimize bias. A ref can get all his calls correctly by the book and still be terribly biased. You call one side for every nit-picky rule that exists in the books and ignore the side committing murder. Sooner or later, the side being treated unfairly is forced to become timid, apprehensive or combative (which then becomes a post-hoc justification for the disparate treatment). It is true in sports and sadly even more true in real life. There are successful ways to combat bias or mitigates its effect, artfully hiding behind legitimate rules is not one of them.
Since time immemorial.

Completely agree.

I believe in some realms it is a sorta "Implicit bias". Make I ask Prof., Enugu II.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
Then trust me on this, only black and white exit in your world. There are whole lot of shades in between. This is why I often say you might have book knowledge but you're not streetwise
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

KPOM, this is how the powerful use the rules. This is the simple psychology behind most of the so called rules. The rich borrow from the banks, they don't pay back they hide behind some bankruptcy law, a few years lying low, they are back with clean bill of health to get another loan. Meanwhile the poor man is sweating tears and blood repaying his own loan and the loans of the rich man.
They brought in minnows to complete their charade, but the rule is so effective when applied on them it keeps them in their place :D

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Nigeria feels hards done by VAR, THey should consider quitting these international tournaments, everyone gets hard done by VAR decisions, even Man city lost against Spurs due to a VAR decision, united beat PSG by a VAR penalty, sometimes even VAR can make bizarre decisions, is this enough to settle for bias because it involves an African side? Look at French national team, especially the men, they can pass for an African side except they are highly organized, same applies to their ladies side

Is VAR going to be used at the nations cup? I hope so as some of those African referees will wave play on for dangerous fouls, seen this at several occasions

Marko
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

The day I learned that you can choose to just pay the HMRC 30k and that is your tax obligation covered was when this whole - "rules" business clear my eye well well. As we say Waffi, shine your eye, shine your eye well well. Rules my black behind. I gave up on football after the 2005 U20 final - Mikel vs Messi. This blatant one just confirmed my already confirmed convictions. I just watch the football for the fun of it. The girls really deserve big kudos. I can understand those who never play any sport to any serious level reason from their couch at home and blame the team. Am sure the girls and the coach know how much effort they put in and that poor 18yr old keeper to be faced with such blatant miscarriage of justice. But am sure it will make her stronger.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Then trust me on this, only black and white exit in your world. There are whole lot of shades in between. This is why I often say you might have book knowledge but you're not streetwise
Does this conspiracy by any chance include the VAR decision in the City/Spurs game?

Is Daniel Levy by any chance part of this vast conspiracy to keep the black man down in football?

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

How many people who contributed to this topic watched every minute of every match so far played in this 2019 women's world cup?

If you did not then it may be time to stop contributing since you did not see all the incidents requiring current rules being applied.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Oguleftie wrote:How many people who contributed to this topic watched every minute of every match so far played in this 2019 women's world cup?

If you did not then it may be time to stop contributing since you did not see all the incidents requiring current rules being applied.
Are you declaring others' opinions null & void because they didn't align with yours? We all see things thru different prisms.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I personally think the coaching was poor. You can't win many matches against better opponents by stacking the 18 for 90 minutes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

[/video]
Oga, no blame the messenger o! The rules have since changed, so yes in 2019 that should be considered a PK...I believe the ref at the time applied the rules correctly tho, Ighalo should just have made them pay...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Thunder wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:How many people who contributed to this topic watched every minute of every match so far played in this 2019 women's world cup?

Are you declaring others' opinions null & void because they didn't align with yours? We all see things thru different prisms.
I guess he is saying it because the rules have been applied kinda equally to most teams ...hehehe... funny eh ?

I believe Norway got this same VAR decision against them in an earlier match.

We should move on and earn the rules.

You all forget that the ref went to remind our young keeper of the rules before the first Penalty kick abi ? Our keeper I am sure was not listening and nodded her head like she understood and promptly broke the rule
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

[/video]
Since when did that matter? Haven’t you seen the lesser obvious ones given against PSG, Spurs, etc etc? Every year they will tweak the rule to legitimize and justify the blatant errors made previously. My bet is after this World Cup they will tweak the goal line pk rule after we have suffered from it just in time to favor a big team.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Thunder wrote:

No I a m not declaring others' opinions null & void because they didn't align with mine. Someone that watched only Falcons games & commenting on what was done to the Falcons would not know if it was done to other teams thereby being consistent. Etc, etc, etc.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:
Thunder wrote:

No I a m not declaring others' opinions null & void because they didn't align with mine. Someone that watched only Falcons games & commenting on what was done to the Falcons would not know if it was done to other teams thereby being consistent. Etc, etc, etc.
By the way, I watched every minute of every match so far played in this 2019 women's world cup.