GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Post by akamoke »

Tobi17 wrote:European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
A bit of melodrama from you here. No one and I repeat no one here is SATISFIED with the falcon results. We are just not being negative at every turn
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Post by oscar52 »

1naija wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe I missed the part we were pressing France for us to say we played well. From the few minutes I saw, we packed our 18 which made it difficult for France, but we barely got past the midfield as a result of this tactics. I do think it was an improvement over the Norway game, but the park the bus tactics was negative for us. We had no intention of winning the game, we just didn't want to lose.

The good news is, regardless of what happens for the rest of the tournament, we found a top notch goalkeeper.
We played well...
As we were realistically targeting at least a draw to see us through to the Round of 16.

Good football is not necessarily about “pressing” the opposition...
Ask the trophyless now-defunct Sharks - they often press and leave their nyash wide open! :lol:
Uncle, playing well is not parking the bus and hoping the other team don't score. That almost always never works. I watched about 15 minutes of the game because I had drive to a gaddem job ( :thumbs: :thumbs: to those with gaddem jobs) and I didnt see us get into the France 18 during that period. France had 3 players in the back with one of our player, while everyone else was in our 18. To me, that's negative tactics, not playing well. But again we probably played different tactics the other 75 minutes I did not watch.

Sharks was so good they were retired like great players Jerseys. Rangers are still searching for sharks type success, that's why they still running around like journeymen.
Did you even know that we were a player down for the period you watched? Do you know that several of the players we came up against play for Lyon who have one the Champions League for the past 3 seasons. As you watch only the last 15 mins you should be giving such verdicts. The Girls did VERY well.
What verdicts? I clearly indicated everytime that my "verdict" is based on the 15 minutes I watched. I also clearly indicated that my opinion is based on the tactics I saw during those 15 minutes. A better response from you would have been , we were taking the game to them the period you did not see, and would have scored if not for heroic save by the France goalie. You can't win many games parking the bus. More importantly, you cant park the bus against players that play for "Lyon" for 90 minutes and not concede a goal.
+1