GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:Yeah give it up for the Falcons. Gallant losers. One shot in the whole match and 0 o target
Msshhheeeww

I guess they should have gone gung-ho and shipped 5 goals.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

aruako1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
I guess the Scots who are talking about how their team has competed despite their losses, are Africans, right? The Falcons played well and fell short. Do you want us to shower them with abuse?
Scotland did not play in 1991.
Scotland did not play in 1999.
And few ones later.
We did, but regressing as years go by.
Unless regression is an achievement.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

The falcons need a clinical finisher and the system the coach deployed today could actually win a medal at this tournament. There was zero shots on target from both teams in the first half, in the second half the French team utilized the wings more effectively and the falcons attack remained inactive thus the pressure was gonna result in some error. The falcon defender was actually trying to kick the ball and kicked the French attacker instead. The ref initially said it was not a penalty but VAR needed the French to win. Simple and plain. The falcons just need bite, ini umotong could have been a second half replacement for Oparanozie.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
I guess the Scots who are talking about how their team has competed despite their losses, are Africans, right? The Falcons played well and fell short. Do you want us to shower them with abuse?
And few ones later.
Their fans actually buy tickets
They actually fly to match venues
They actually don’t sit lazy arsses at home in front of monitors and complain like depressed morons
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And few ones later.

Guess when they played? June 2019! :lol:
But what does 1991 or 1999 have to do with flawed thesis of “striving for results” and “working hard for it”?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
donzopia
Egg
Egg

Post by donzopia »

Respectfully - some of the comments above appear to be made by folks who never got anything less than 100% (grade) in their lives. Abi? Not even 99%, not once. And when you did get less than 100%, how would you feel if your parents abused you instead of motivated you?

'Let ye without sin....'

8-0 to 1-0. Yes, we lost both times. Yes, someday when we have the Leadership and organization in place, we will compete equally and actually win against the top sides. Until then, with little or no support, an 8 goal deficit was reduced by 7. If you don't want to applaud, don't. But give them respect. Most of you couldn't have pulled off what they did today.

Cheers.
FM 2020
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Gotti wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And few ones later.

But what does 1991 or 1999 have to do with flawed thesis of “striving for results” and “working hard for it”?!
It is called regression as each 4 years come and go by.
Is english difficult to comprehend.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And few ones later.
Are we shifting the posts now? How many Nigerian players have access to the rich European leagues? How many times do the Falcins have the chance to play the likes of Germany, Norway, Sweden, France and Norway competitively like Scotland does? I am proud if the Falcons given the limitations of their circumstances.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

There's no way that you cannot be extremely proud of the effort that the Super Falcons put forth today and hopefully we've done enough to stay in the competition.

Having said that, there are definitely areas where we need to improve that have been obvious in this tournament.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

aruako1 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And few ones later.
Are we shifting the posts now? How many Nigerian players have access to the rich European leagues? How many times do the Falcins have the chance to play the likes of Germany, Norway, Sweden, France and Norway competitively like Scotland does? I am proud if the Falcons given the limitations of their circumstances.
You cannot play them if you are not improving in skill sets.
Adult players are not improving in abilities.
Sweep it under the rug if you want, but do not say you will beat France.
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

Their best performance at a WC hands down unfortunately the front 3 are not fit and Chikewelu is too slow. The defender Ebere will be missed should we go further .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe I missed the part we were pressing France for us to say we played well. From the few minutes I saw, we packed our 18 which made it difficult for France, but we barely got past the midfield as a result of this tactics. I do think it was an improvement over the Norway game, but the park the bus tactics was negative for us. We had no intention of winning the game, we just didn't want to lose.

The good news is, regardless of what happens for the rest of the tournament, we found a top notch goalkeeper.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

fishward6 wrote:Their best performance at a WC hands down unfortunately the front 3 are not fit and Chikewelu is too slow. The defender Ebere will be missed should we go further .
Not so, not even close.
Not better than in 1999 in the knockout stage against Brazil.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

fishward6 wrote:Their best performance at a WC hands down unfortunately the front 3 are not fit and Chikewelu is too slow. The defender Ebere will be missed should we go further .
Not so, not even close.
Not better than in 1999 in the knockout stage against Brazil.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And few ones later.
It is called regression as each 4 years come and go by.
Is english difficult to comprehend.
Hopefully you were standing in front of a mirror... :lol:

Because the thesis was that European and South American teams “strive for results and work hard for it”. Are you now shifting the post to say Europeans and South American teams only work hard after several appearances or did you simply not understand the basic English language in which the thesis was stated? SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe I missed the part we were pressing France for us to say we played well. From the few minutes I saw, we packed our 18 which made it difficult for France, but we barely got past the midfield as a result of this tactics. I do think it was an improvement over the Norway game, but the park the bus tactics was negative for us. We had no intention of winning the game, we just didn't want to lose.

The good news is, regardless of what happens for the rest of the tournament, we found a top notch goalkeeper.
We played well...
As we were realistically targeting at least a draw to see us through to the Round of 16.

Good football is not necessarily about “pressing” the opposition...
Ask the trophyless now-defunct Sharks - they often press and leave their nyash wide open! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe I missed the part we were pressing France for us to say we played well. From the few minutes I saw, we packed our 18 which made it difficult for France, but we barely got past the midfield as a result of this tactics. I do think it was an improvement over the Norway game, but the park the bus tactics was negative for us. We had no intention of winning the game, we just didn't want to lose.

We played well...
As we were realistically targeting at least a draw to see us through to the Round of 16.

Ask the trophyless now-defunct Sharks - they often press and leave their nyash wide open! :lol:
Uncle, playing well is not parking the bus and hoping the other team don't score. That almost always never works. I watched about 15 minutes of the game because I had drive to a gaddem job ( :thumbs: :thumbs: to those with gaddem jobs) and I didnt see us get into the France 18 during that period. France had 3 players in the back with one of our player, while everyone else was in our 18. To me, that's negative tactics, not playing well. But again we probably played different tactics the other 75 minutes I did not watch.

Sharks was so good they were retired like great players Jerseys. Rangers are still searching for sharks type success, that's why they still running around like journeymen.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Let’s just say this is a far superior performance than our men last year. Far superior.
Yes, they’ve got a long way to go:
- the wide strikers haven’t been a good enough outlet and Rita hasn’t been able to link up with them when the opportunity arose.
But it’s the best defensive organisation since Amodu. Lots of young exciting talent right through the side.
And all this with ZERO support from the FA
And even less support from fickle fans, who expect us to be as good as France with no investment, no league, no genuine fans.
Madness.
These women should be given medals for even agreeing to represent us. But instead they get abuse and insults, from middle-aged men.
I suppose it was ever thus, over-privileged men complaining about over-worked women.
As Robby would say, it’s a damn shame
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

with the amount of support they get from the government, that is only what they can achieve i am afraid, every other year, they get short changed by the people that are supposed to support them

only thing i suggest is they are only there to make up the numbers! its that simple, Africa football is still far behind in terms of organization, funding, facilities and what not in comparison with their peers
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

We played well...

Uncle, playing well is not parking the bus and hoping the other team don't score. That almost always never works. I watched about 15 minutes of the game because I had drive to a gaddem job ( :thumbs: :thumbs: to those with gaddem jobs) and I didnt see us get into the France 18 during that period. France had 3 players in the back with one of our player, while everyone else was in our 18. To me, that's negative tactics, not playing well. But again we probably played different tactics the other 75 minutes I did not watch.

Sharks was so good they were retired like great players Jerseys. Rangers are still searching for sharks type success, that's why they still running around like journeymen.
Did you even know that we were a player down for the period you watched? Do you know that several of the players we came up against play for Lyon who have one the Champions League for the past 3 seasons. As you watch only the last 15 mins you should be giving such verdicts. The Girls did VERY well.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Adisboy wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

We played well...

Did you even know that we were a player down for the period you watched? Do you know that several of the players we came up against play for Lyon who have one the Champions League for the past 3 seasons. As you watch only the last 15 mins you should be giving such verdicts. The Girls did VERY well.
What verdicts? I clearly indicated everytime that my "verdict" is based on the 15 minutes I watched. I also clearly indicated that my opinion is based on the tactics I saw during those 15 minutes. A better response from you would have been , we were taking the game to them the period you did not see, and would have scored if not for heroic save by the France goalie. You can't win many games parking the bus. More importantly, you cant park the bus against players that play for "Lyon" for 90 minutes and not concede a goal.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote:

We played well...

Uncle, playing well is not parking the bus and hoping the other team don't score. That almost always never works. I watched about 15 minutes of the game because I had drive as a gaddem job ( :thumbs: :thumbs: to those with gaddem jobs) and I didnt see us get into the France 18 during that period. France had 3 players in the back with one of our player, while everyone else was in our 18. To me, that's negative tactics, not playing well. But again we probably played different tactics the other 75 minutes I did not watch.